Katy Perry's wise words and insight about Madonna

Jazzy Jan

Smart and insightful words from Katy Perry regarding Madonna. She is far the from airhead that people once thought she was.

In addition to being singers who kissed girls and liked it, it appears that Katy Perry and Madonna have far more in common than anyone realized. In an interview withRolling Stone, the 29-year-old pop star discussed the benefits of therapy and her plans for motherhood, while quickly dismissing any conversation about her failed marriage to Russell Brand. Besides, there are much more interesting subjects to cover, like the fact that Perry counts Madonna as one of her friends.

Madonna released her first album a year before Perry was even born, so Madge probably has a ton of useful advice for a singer who likely hopes to follow in the veteran performer’s musical footsteps. Who knows exactly what specific words of wisdom Madonna may have offered Perry thus far, but judging by the “Dark Horse” singer’s description of how the friendship formed, Madonna’s all about trust.

You have to really prove that you’re an authentic person, and you can be trusted, to be in a circle of friends with her. Which I totally understand. You have to really guard your heart when you’re on this kind of level. You can’t just have weirdos around you, strange people that want to suck your blood. Because everybody wants to be on your dick, you know? So you have to be very very ‘What are your motives? Why are you here? What do you want from me?’

In a healthy relationship of any kind, trust is most certainly essential, so it stands to reason that Perry trusted Madonna enough to share her feelings about going through a public divorce. After all, Madonna’s two divorces surely left with her some valuable lessons to share with a friend. And there’s no way in hell Perry is friends with the Material Girl without picking her brain about music matters. So yeah, I’m pretty sure she and Perry have had the talk about how to remain on the path to superstardom. And since Madonna’s no stranger to controversy, she would’ve been a good person to help Perry deal with the “Dark Horse” video backlash.

If Perry does seek advice from Madonna, at least she knows it’s coming from someone who basically paved the road she’s traveling.

'dark horse backlash'? a few grumbles online maybe..words like 'icon', 'legend' and 'backlash' are used to readily these days without merit. i dont mind katy, but i find her a bit dull. i suspect this friendship means precious little to madonna

Guest bluejean

I'm not so sure . I think Madonna likes connecting with people who remind her of her younger self. It's the kind of mothering role she likes to play. And that quote really hints they've had some pretty indepth, personal and ongoing conversations.

Smart and insightful words from Katy Perry regarding Madonna. She is far the from airhead that people once thought she was.

You have to really prove that you’re an authentic person, and you can be trusted, to be in a circle of friends with her. Which I totally understand. You have to really guard your heart when you’re on this kind of level. You can’t just have weirdos around you, strange people that want to suck your blood. Because everybody wants to be on your dick, you know? So you have to be very very ‘What are your motives? Why are you here? What do you want from me?’

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

She's right and I'm happy to read this :clap:

You can’t just have weirdos around you, strange people that want to suck your blood. Because everybody wants to be on your dick, you know? So you have to be very very ‘What are your motives? Why are you here? What do you want from me?’

I sense some shade towards you-know-who :phoneslut:

Madonna was really inquisitive about Katy in their V interview and spoke to her as if she was her equal, and Katy totally held her own. I love the fact that she's totally respectful/supportive of other female popstars and doesn't treat them as lesser

Madonna was really inquisitive about Katy in their V interview and spoke to her as if she was her equal, and Katy totally held her own. I love the fact that she's totally respectful/supportive of other female popstars and doesn't treat them as lesser

Madonna has always been very kind and respectful towards other female pop stars. The only one she's cold towards is Lady Gaga, and that's because Gaga's been so disrespectful towards her (remember, Madonna was quite complimentary towards her in the beginning). The whole "bitch" stereotype Madonna has in the media is an example of the sexist BS they trot out to try to diminish her success.

Madonna has always been very kind and respectful towards other female pop stars. The only one she's cold towards is Lady Gaga, and that's because Gaga's been so disrespectful towards her (remember, Madonna was quite complimentary towards her in the beginning). The whole "bitch" stereotype Madonna has in the media is an example of the sexist BS they trot out to try to diminish her success.

Spot on. Madonna has always supported other female singers and praised them. She has too much class, self-confidence, decency and intelligence to worry about putting other female singers down. I have always been told too that it is unprofessional to criticize in public other artists. Something that a lot of other singers could learn from.

I think Madonna likes connecting with people who remind her of her younger self. It's the kind of mothering role she likes to play. And that quote really hints they've had some pretty indepth, personal and ongoing conversations.

Totally agree

It happened with Britney as well although Katy and Britney are VERY different from each other

Spot on. Madonna has always supported other female singers and praised them. She has too much class, self-confidence, decency and intelligence to worry about putting other female singers down. I have always been told too that it is unprofessional to criticize in public other artists. Something that a lot of other singers could learn from.

:clap::thumbsup:

katy is a lot smarter and deeper than people give her credit for. some of her lyrics have a lot of layers too.

YAS SSS AMENN!!! FROM THE START THIS IS SO TRUE.

Which is why Katy should have the balls to go serious and deeper in her next album. She can only be kooky for so long. She tried with Prism. But after the flop of Unconditionally, they went back to their old strategy. But I believe she can gather the courage to go to the other end of the spectrum especially with M's influence.

YAS SSS AMENN!!! FROM THE START THIS IS SO TRUE.

Which is why Katy should have the balls to go serious and deeper in her next album. She can only be kooky for so long. She tried with Prism. But after the flop of Unconditionally, they went back to their old strategy. But I believe she can gather the courage to go to the other end of the spectrum especially with M's influence.

I'm sort of disappointed that Katy was trying to change her brand only to fall back on the costumes and anime hair after a while. That may just be laziness or label pressure, though.

I'm sort of disappointed that Katy was trying to change her brand only to fall back on the costumes and anime hair after a while. That may just be laziness or label pressure, though.

Me too.. All the more serious songs on Prism are in the latter half. She coulda released a set of singles from them. I hope on her next album she realizes she needs to take more risks.

Yeah, she was supposed to go dark on this album, but right before the release se said she "let the light in" or some bs. Meaning, Dr Luke convinced her to go her usual route. I hope her next album is mature (even though I like Prism), she needs it if she wants to stay around.

Well, let's recall that Madge criticized other acts in the past publicly. But,she's mellowed a lot since that time.

(A related note:When she said that showing your breast at the Super Bowl doesn't necessarily make one revolutionary, I saw that more as a comment on how people may view things, rather than a diss to Damita Jo).

Katy Perry seems like a "normal" pop star, and doesn't have oddball fans like some others. Which is good for Madonna.

Well, let's recall that Madge criticized other acts in the past publicly.

But, she's mellowed a lot since that time.

She's always hardly ever mentioned other artists or celebrities in general. Even in the 80s or 90s. So she has not mellowed in this sense but rather kept the same attitude towards it. She's always focused on what she was doing at any given time. And if she did speak occasionally in the 80s or 90s it was in response to an initial provocation. She usually doesn't dwell on any of that crap, she's renowned for this

Madonna is one of the very few people who are considered A-list who has retained a sense of humour (not the strongest suit of, say, the Jackson's or a Mariah or the various haughty Suzanne Vegas) and a detachment from the glamorous aspect of her career and all the illusion/projection and sense of entitlement it feeds. It is one of the key factors of her longevity. She's been studying Cabala for almost 20 years now and Cabala is all about "turn the other cheek". Look at the random attacks she's been subjected to in the press by the likes of Elton for years and years and yet never bothered to reply

And before anyone mentions the Gorgon episode in 2012, well that's an entirely differen matter. Most people would be pissed off too at being ripped off and seeing the offender acting like an "innocent", self-victimising. sore butt in the process.

But isn't that with ANY relationship?