Madonna Instagram Thread (June/July 2014)

Apples388

Guest Rocco Papa

oh that's right, I forgot about all that.

And in the video, during the part of the Deeper & Deeper interview (that's what I call it) where she's talking about In The Closet. Incidentally that's my favorite MJ track past Thriller. The only one by him I really like. Coincidence? I wonder if he ended up using some of her ideas bc it seems odd that the only I like by him (after Thriller album) is the one associated w/ M. She would've been GREAT in that video/song.

Not only that, but Herb Ritts directed the video (Madonna got him into directing music videos) and Naomi Campbell (who appeared in the Sex book) was in the video. I've always wondered if that was more than a coincidence.

Madonna and MJ had nothing in common. MJ was a shy troubled man who lived in a fantasy world and Madonna was the definition of a powerful ambition woman who lived her life freely. She did admire his talent and his fame of course, but in return he didn't admire her at all. He was fake in front of the cameras whem he had to be while trying to make this partnership work for the sake of his own fame, it was all business for him, but im sure that in the end he couldn't handle the carefree Madonna and her daring behavior. I bet that MJ felt like a fish out of water while with Madonna.

They both have been criticized and dragged in the mud by the press. They know the ups and downs and terrorrs and the true cost of fame. So yes, they did have things in common.

Yes but not on a personal relationship level. They suffered with shit from the press for very different reasons. That didn't make them closer anyway.

Who cares either way.

I believe that in the past she was less inclined to look back but people go through phases and, as she nears 56, one of the greatest things you could ever hope for a person who has done as much as Madonna is that they are able to look back and appreciate/reminisce over the amazing things they've created and experienced in their lifetime.

So true Mattress.

Also, I have always felt that Madonna is a lot more softer, sentimental and vulnerable than she ever lets on. It is why she has been so successful, reaches people and conveys so much emotion in her singing and music. She is a fantastic combination of a strong, powerful, ambitious woman who also has a soft emotional side. I have read enough interviews with Madonna ( especially her early ones ) to know that she does think about the past, although she never lives in the past. The way she talks about her Mother so much for instance and her childhood. Madonna does not like playing the victim or having people feel sorry for her. She also loves living for the present, so why she does not get hung up about the past, she still reminisces about it. Just love her whole personality and how she has different sides. What helps make her so fascinating as a person and artist.

Guest Rachelle of London

How is anyone HERE supposed to know what went on with their relationship? C'mon people.

Guest Rachelle of London

They both have been criticized and dragged in the mud by the press. They know the ups and downs and terrorrs and the true cost of fame. So yes, they did have things in common.

Exactly, they are the only people that can relate to each other on a professional level. Thats why Ms VMA tribute was so touching.

The thing that bums me out a little bit about Madonnagram is that it's deflated my perception that she doesn't really think about her past (in terms of her career/work/etc.). It took me a while to learn to like the fact that she just focuses on the present, but Instagram makes me think she spends more time trolling herself on the internet and in her photo albums than she used to let on.

I like that she is reminiscing , like a lot of us do on Throwback Thursday :superman:

I for one am waiting with bated breath for the autobiography....maybe it will be volumes, released quarterly over a span of two years... :headbang:

How is anyone HERE supposed to know what went on with their relationship? C'mon people.

Its based on what both of them said about each other. Madonna clearly admired him and she wanted to be associated with him, he was an amazing artist and incredibly famous, she loved his music from the very beginning, as early as the Virgin Tour. In return he was curious about her when they met, but soon he found out that she wasn't a Liz Taylor or Diana Ross, she wasn't playing the media darling game, instead she was wicked funny authentic and daring, he said he didn't like it. Madonna felt awkward whem he rejected everything she sugested for In The Closet. She still admires his talent though.

I'm pretty sure that if M writes her bio she will talk about him.

Also sometimes i feel that she's sad because she remembers a lot of her dead friends: Tupac, MJ, Keith, Mom, Basquiat.

In the book Rabbi Shmuley put out after his death, Michael didn't speak highly about Madonna. His main problem with her was how provocative she was and, according to him, she was "not a nice person." He also said she was "jealous" of him and that she wrote mean things about him in the press before he called her a "nasty witch." He did say at one point "there is some good in her" and "I'm sure she's a better person than she was before" since having children. The tapes were recorded in 2001.

Madonna, on the other hand, never said a mean thing about Michael to the press. I've seen and read many interviews she's done and her stance on Michael has always been consistent over the years. She always spoke highly of him as an artist and wasn't mean to him publicly. So, I don't know where he heard otherwise. Madonna also defended Michael in 2003 while promoting American Life, after the Bashir documentary came out. After he died, Madonna said at the VMAs that "we abandoned him" including herself in that category. So, if there was ever any problems between them, Madonna hasn't acted like it never happened. But she hasn't gone into much detail, either. And, frankly, I don't blame her, because it's nobody's business.

Agree.

MJ seemed like a very insecure and calculating person to me. Undoubtedly shaped by his background (family/youth experiences). Always seemed in need of public validation as Number One Superstar. I like quite a few of his songs. But the self-praise, playing the victim and humorless repetitions bored me.

I think M respected and admired him professionally up to a point. As for MJ's interest in M, to me it seemed like professional opportunism. Nothing wrong with that though. Just like Prince didn't go for "You're ass is mine" in a duet version of the phoney street cred "Bad", M didn't go for In The Closet.

Surely there was a better photo of the two of them than that pap pic.

I'm probably over-analyzing, but that pap pic is one of the few where MJ looks directly at M's eyes while smiling. The "my boo" caption just seems playful to me.

Posting outtakes? LOVE IT!!! I wonder what fansites she visits to find them? :1251:

It's a fan edit of this, definetely whoever is posting on her account got it from a fansite

10363936_685822154787258_660542157101941

The thing that bums me out a little bit about Madonnagram is that it's deflated my perception that she doesn't really think about her past (in terms of her career/work/etc.). It took me a while to learn to like the fact that she just focuses on the present, but Instagram makes me think she spends more time trolling herself on the internet and in her photo albums than she used to let on.

^^^ that may be a management decision: I doubt she ever wanted to be on social media to begin with.

It makes me think it might be someone on her team posting for her, I just don't see her as the kind to go through fansites and fetch and post a fan edited outtake.

It makes me think it might be someone on her team posting for her, I just don't see her as the kind to go through fansites and fetch and post a fan edited outtake.

Madonna, give me that job please!

No way it's someone else than her posting on Instagram when you know the worldwide buzz each pic and each word she writes on it create.

Maybe she sometimes ask people to search for specific pictures on the web but in the end she's the one validating and posting, no doubt about it.

Wow, haven't been on her Instagram for a few days, I'm quite surprised M is using it that frequently. Love it though, so many great pics she shares with us, especially lately. The family pics are lovely and I also think it's cool she's posting an outtake of a photoshoot she did herself. To be honest, I'm actually surprised M hasn't forgotten about that awful Rio shoot :lol:

Oh and I love the pic with Michael! Even after all these years it still fascinates me whenever I see a pic of them together. You don't get two of the biggest music icons in one pic that often.

^ She was always a huge fan of his music, especially in the 80s. She admired him and looked up to him. But yeah, their relationship was cool at best, so "boo" seems disingenuous. And I don't think that smile looks very genuine either. There are better pics of the two of them together.

Oh yeah. right. I forgot you know her personally, so you know everything about, her relations and her friendship.

:electropop:

It seems she's obsessed with posting pictures of her and Michael Jackson....

All taken from there very brief friendship in 1991.

She looks iconic on all of them and it's Lovly to see nods to her past, but she was never that close to him so with hashtags like "hanging with my boo" is a bit misleading....?

I wouldn't say she's obsessed just because she posted two pictures of them recently. Is it possible the "waiting for this door to open for so long" has something to do with Michael? Maybe she is recording one of his songs for the new album or even using some of his vocals on the album. There must be some reason she is posting pictures of him not just her being nostalgic, I would think.

Guest Rocco Papa

It seems she's obsessed with posting pictures of her and Michael Jackson....

All taken from there very brief friendship in 1991.

She looks iconic on all of them and it's Lovly to see nods to her past, but she was never that close to him so with hashtags like "hanging with my boo" is a bit misleading....?

People need to lighten up. She's just having fun. Madonna even said at the VMAs in 2009, "I can't say we were great friends..."

.........Is it possible the "waiting for this door to open for so long" has something to do with Michael? Maybe she is recording one of his songs for the new album or even using some of his vocals on the album. .......

Necromancy

I wouldn't say she's obsessed just because she posted two pictures of them recently. Is it possible the "waiting for this door to open for so long" has something to do with Michael? Maybe she is recording one of his songs for the new album or even using some of his vocals on the album. There must be some reason she is posting pictures of him not just her being nostalgic, I would think.

All these posts with Michael, and the 'waiting for this door to open', along with a photograph from the early nineties...

Is she going to release their rumoured duet 'In The Closet'?

Just throwing that one out there ;)

They never got as far as recording any vocals for it!

I beg a Madonna regrets that decision now....it would of been the pop duet of all time!

I don't think she's cooking anything up Jackson related!

After posting her fake "unapolgetic bitch" single cover.....that lead to nothing....I'm taking all her instagraming just as fun teasing for her to pass the time!