I just watched The Next Best Thing for the first time...

Guest Lum

And man, Madonna cannot act :(

But on a more serious note, the plot was actually touching and I can say that I cried at the end :cries:

How do others feel about this film, besides Madonna's non-existent acting?

Guest Pud Whacker

Maybe you're the next best thing to haaaaappen. All the things we might have been!!!!

LOVE IT ALL!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

I think she's marvelous. Drew Barrymore is no better an actress nor is Sharon Stone or Melanie Griffith. Madonna just has a bad rap.

Time Stood Still is one of the most beautiful songs she ever did.

Shame it was wasted on a soundtrack.

As for the film....I have never seen it. FLOP FAN! :lol:

Maybe you're the next best thing to haaaaappen. All the things we might have been!!!!

LOVE IT ALL!!!

omg....PUD WHACKER? EROTICA ERA?

YESSSS TO BOTH!!! SLAYYYY DADDY!

Time Stood Still is one of the most beautiful songs she ever did.Shame it was wasted on a soundtrack.As for the film....I have never seen it. FLOP FAN! :lol:

Not flop fan, but sensible fan! Don't bother Skin, it is the biggest piece of shit, I wasted $10 to go see this shit at the cinemas, but did not get a refund when I complained. All this movie did was give delusional thoughts to fag hags who think that they can get a gay man drunk on 2 martinis and than have his child.only in Hollywood.

I can see why the director died not long after its release, died of embarrassment!

okay can someone give me a line of real bad acting done by her? I do catch it in some moments but most of the time I think she's a pretty good actress, especially compared to the other famous females in film. maybe it's a language barrier thing so it's less noticeable to me but i just don't think she's any worse than the most other famous female actresses. in fact i think she has a similar style as sharon stone most of the time.

Meh, I don't know, sometimes I just feel like people automatically say "omg her acting is so bad", "she's such a bad actress" because it's the popular thing to say about her, she got a bad rep and now everyone will say she's shit in every single movie except Evita and DSS ,but of course those don't count cause she's just "playing herself". I feel it's so exagerrated, she had like 2 lines in that James Bond movie and everyone was saying how awful she was, really now?

Meh, I don't know, sometimes I just feel like people automatically say "omg her acting is so bad", "she's such a bad actress" because it's the popular thing to say about her, she got a bad rep and now everyone will say she's shit in every single movie except Evita and DSS ,but of course those don't count cause she's just "playing herself". I feel it's so exagerrated, she had like 2 lines in that James Bond movie and everyone was saying how awful she was, really now?

i can tell in the first part of swept away and in shanghai surprise.. but DSS, BOE, DG, a league of their own.. evita.. i think she's totally fine there like how I'd imagine any other good actress to play the role..

okay can someone give me a line of real bad acting done by her? I do catch it in some moments but most of the time I think she's a pretty good actress, especially compared to the other famous females in film. maybe it's a language barrier thing so it's less noticeable to me but i just don't think she's any worse than the most other famous female actresses. in fact i think she has a similar style as sharon stone most of the time.

Shanghai surprise when's she's in the duck pen and had to cry. Terrible. Swept Away when she's walking on the stony beach. You can see her thinking. She's so wooden at times. Even at the end of 'like a prayer' when she's had to mouth ' he didn't do it''.

On DSS, Susan Seidelman sent her away for four weeks acting lessons before filming started.

And this film was so dull. I didn't make it through twenty minutes.

midway through it just gets too serious...first half is great through...and i found odd, when their friend dies from aids and madonna just makes a joke afterwards as rupert breaks down unconvincingly crying, lol.

time stood still overrated imo.

Shanghai surprise when's she's in the duck pen and had to cry. Terrible. Swept Away when she's walking on the stony beach. You can see her thinking. She's so wooden at times. Even at the end of 'like a prayer' when she's had to mouth ' he didn't do it''.

On DSS, Susan Seidelman sent her away for four weeks acting lessons before filming started.

And this film was so dull. I didn't make it through twenty minutes.

So glad I'm not the only one that saw that tiny mess :madgemanson:

midway through it just gets too serious...first half is great through...and i found odd, when their friend dies from aids and madonna just makes a joke afterwards as rupert breaks down unconvincingly crying, lol.

time stood still overrated imo.

and she actually smiled at the funeral. like a big wild smile. im sure that also wasn't intended. :p

Shanghai surprise when's she's in the duck pen and had to cry. Terrible. Swept Away when she's walking on the stony beach.

oh I noticed that as well ;) especially the scene in SS. at one point i thought she did it on purpose for the laughs. so I guess I do see it. aside from those little moments i just don't think she's even nearly as bad as people try to make her out to be. i know people often laugh at the "humans are like animals" quote in the car in BOE but personally i think she sounds like sharon stone there, and she's a respected actress.

Guest Rachelle of London

I LOVE Madonna but her acting is sometimes off. How can you guys not see that? The Will and Grace episodes are up there in the most cringe. The WHOLE of TNBT, shanghai surprise, shocking.

We all know her best acting project is ALOTO!

I LOVE Madonna but her acting is sometimes off. How can you guys not see that? The Will and Grace episodes are up there in the most cringe. The WHOLE of TNBT, shanghai surprise, shocking.

We all know her best acting project is ALOTO!

Totally agree with you . TNBT for me is even worse than Swept Away. I read an interview with Lori Petty ( ALOTO and now Orange Is The New Black ) today and she said..

"Working with Madge on A League of Their Own: “That was the height of all Madonna-ness. She was the hardest-working woman I’ve ever met. She’d get up in the morning, run eight miles, and then come to work. She was never a diva. Ever. And she gave me a very nice vibrator for a wrap gift.”

http://www.celebitchy.com/370323/lori_petty_on_hollywood_ageism_if_i_was_a_dude_id_have_johnny_depps_island/

Guest whatatramp

sorry but the part where she goes to get out the car as its going through the car wash is hilarious :rotfl:

At the time I don't think anyone expected to go from EVITA to....

*hides behind plantpot*

"He's REEEALLY doing it. He's LEEEAVING ME!!! "

*blink blnk blink*

Not to mention being lit like....

morticia-addams-long-smooth-black--large

Oh MADGE! :evil: