Madonna + Guess Who?: New V Magazine shoot!

adreeyen

I love how everybody underestimated Kitty Purry back in 2008 saying she's just another one hit wonder while Gaga is the real deal and will have a long career, yet 6 years later one is struggling to sell her $12 concert tickets and peaks at #76 on the Billboard chart and the other is having a successful tour and doing photoshoots with Madonna. Like :lmao:

But back to M :fag:

So this Memorial Day is next Monday?

This generation's Cyndi and M.

I doubt that Katy is brainless at all, she has a quirky style but you can't make it that far in this industry if you are brainless. Also, people forget that when Madonna first become famous, she was accused of being brainless, a bimbo, and just a sex kitten that boys loved and girls dressed like. I remember it well and thinking how wrong it was as I loved her music and never found her dumb or stupid. Also Madonna is the Queen of pop - so not sure why people keep looking down at other women who sing pop music. Madonna is not some obscure indie artist. She is the most popular and successful female singer of all time and a lot of that music is pure pop music - which she does better than anyone ever in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to her music and all of the great magazine threads that she is doing. Great times ahead for Madonna fans.

Kudos. This is still Katy's equivalent of TB. I think the public will not be as receptive if she does not show some more maturity on the next album but for now it feels organic. She's clever in transitioning gradually from album to album. Madonna milked the wannabes all the way until WTG and I see a lot of Nikki Finn in Katy's kooky public persona. Unlike other artists I don't need to name, she's taking time evolving ever so slowly instead of changing every month her looks or persona. She's smart about that. After three massive albums and eleven Top 3 singles in six years, she seems to not have peaked yet. That's pretty impressive.

Both Madonna and I see genuineness in Katy Perry. Hence, I like her. Hence, Madonna is willing to work with her on AFF and this magazine shoot. If anyone thinks GaGa is any better, go watch FartGrave videos on YouTube so you can wack off her saggy tits and smelly ass while snorting like a swine.

Add me to that list! Katy is genuine and non-pretentious, has a great sense of humor too! And I really like some of her songs.

I doubt that Katy is brainless at all, she has a quirky style but you can't make it that far in this industry if you are brainless. Also, people forget that when Madonna first become famous, she was accused of being brainless, a bimbo, and just a sex kitten that boys loved and girls dressed like. I remember it well and thinking how wrong it was as I loved her music and never found her dumb or stupid. Also Madonna is the Queen of pop - so not sure why people keep looking down at other women who sing pop music. Madonna is not some obscure indie artist. She is the most popular and successful female singer of all time and a lot of that music is pure pop music - which she does better than anyone ever in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to her music and all of the great magazine threads that she is doing. Great times ahead for Madonna fans.

I will be honest with you Jan, my favorite songs from Madonna tend to be ones often not known to the general public. Yes Madonna is the Queen Of Pop but a lot of her songs are also introspective and experimental which I think is not what people think when they think of Pop music and that's what I love the most from her. Don't get me wrong, I love Music and I love Vogue but I need songs like Paradise (Not For Me) and Mer Girl. Madonna I believe is as successful as she is because she embraces all genres, moods. She doesn't sit back like some indie artists do and say "I'm above that," but she also doesn't shy away from challenging her audience with more serious work. I think that is what a lot of fans might be talking about. I think a lot of pop stars today have a very narrow view of what kind of an artist Madonna is and the comparisons are not always flattering based on their work, not who they are as people.

IMO there's nothing genius in Katy. Singing talent? No. Dancing talent? No. Style? No. At least nothing outstanding. She gets props from me though for some of her songs, they're nice and catchy. I hope though doing photoshoots and working together on non-music projects is the closest M and Katy do in form of a collaboration. An album without any collab with an other pop princess would be great IMO, the collab songs on MDNA were the weaker songs anyway, so she can defo pull it off!

So just that I get it right, they haven't announced an exact date or month when this comes out? Just summer?

Guest ditaluver

Katy can sing. Check out her guitar sets way before she hit it. She can't dance well and her style/stage show is cheesy as fuck. She needs more maturity in her image and visuals. Madonna is the queen of that. No one compares to the queen

This girl has the talent to last a long time in this biz.

I'm very excited about all this. Going to NY this weekend.... Going to pick up my copies!!!! IM pretty sure the picture has may 24 on it

Stop hating on Katy Perry.

Fact is she's been around for a while so it's obvious she's no flash in the pan.. Of course, she's not Madonna... and she knows it and she gladly respects Madonna and she's not after her crown. I also think they have much more in common than you might think. They were both raised in a very religious background and both found fame despise their family's disapproval. It's easy for us to think Madonna can do it on her own but we also have to be objective... who buys records? who requests songs on the radio? who watches videos on Youtube? i mean it's general knowledge teenagers and people under 25 are most likely to decide the success of an artist.. Look at how popular acts like One Direction or Miley Cyrus are! How could a 55 year old woman ever compete? She does need today teen idols to appeal to the younger generation and have hits! You think she would have a hit with 4 Minutes if she was on her own? You think GMAYL would have reached the top 10 if she didn't have Nicky Minaj? Maybe she would but point is she knows what she's doing and Katy Perry is a better choice than Beyonce or even Rihanna in my opinion.

Katy Perry is fun, she's got wider appeal... She's still popular and generating hits...and most of all she comes across genuine. Her tour's selling well... and being associated with Madonna surely will give her some status. It's a win win situation for both.

Edited by MeakMaker

Cattura_zps464b889a.jpg

Katy must have done her Madonna homework since she added "besides the present" at the end of the question.

We all know when Madonna is asked about her favorite video, or the best time in her life, or her best album, 99% of the time she always says whatever is the most present and new. :lol:

Katy must have done her Madonna homework since she added "besides the present" at the end of the question.

We all know when Madonna is asked about her favorite video, or the best time in her life, or her best album, 99% of the time she always says whatever is the most present and new. :lol:

:yes: Katheryn seems like a proper fan.

This is why I'm so excited that they've done a photoshoot (and probably more) together. At least I know M is working with someone who genuinely appreciates her work and influence and is not only saying nice words about Madonna just to be polite. And Madonna herself can probably sense that.

Stop hating on Katy Perry.

Fact is she's been around for a while so it's obvious she's no flash in the pan.. Of course, she's not Madonna... and she knows it and she gladly respects Madonna and she's not after her crown. I also think they have much more in common than you might think. They were both raised in a very religious background and both found fame despise their family's disapproval. It's easy for us to think Madonna can do it on her own but we also have to be objective... who buys records? who requests songs on the radio? who watches videos on Youtube? i mean it's general knowledge teenagers and people under 25 are most likely to decide the success of an artist.. Look at how popular acts like One Direction or Miley Cyrus are! How could a 55 year old woman ever compete? She does need today teen idols to appeal to the younger generation and have hits! You think she would have a hit with 4 Minutes if she was on her own? You think GMAYL would have reached the top 10 if she didn't have Nicky Minaj? Maybe she would but point is she knows what she's doing and Katy Perry is a better choice than Beyonce or even Rihanna in my opinion.

Katy Perry is fun, she's got wider appeal... She's still popular and generating hits...and most of all she comes across genuine. Her tour's selling well... and being associated with Madonna surely will give her some status. It's a win win situation for both.

I agree with both of you except for that part. Sorry but i'm sure Nicki has NOTHING to do with GMAYL going top 10. With the Superbowl performance and the radio deal it would have performed the same way without Nicki.

And MPowered, i can't believe you can't see the difference between Katy "copying" Madonna and Gaga doing it. At least Katy genuinely respect Madonna and isn't out to destroy her career like Gaga. Several people in this thread already explained the whole situation very well.