Madonna + Guess Who?: New V Magazine shoot!

adreeyen

after seeing the V magazine pics:

ib2c3vufczirz36kmhi.gif

Wasn't that your face when you saw the sales of Appalls/Artflop and decided to come back to mnation?

Why talking about Gaga in this thread ? Because she's the elephant in this cover. She's having a meltdown on Twitter (again).....

I don't like Katy Perry music but i like her, she's funny and does not take herself seriously. Just like Miley they have a positive attitude wether you like what they do or not, they are strong, confident and funny. Gaga reeks of negativity, scheming, victimization, manipulation and pathos in general.

Couldn't have said it better.

Wasn't that your face when you saw the sales of Appalls/Artflop and decided to come back to mnation?

:yes:

:yes:

It's so strange how people can do a total about turn. One minute saying Madonna is over and Gaga is the it girl...the next minute crawling back on their knees AND insulting the miserable bitch that they suggested was here to replace the Queen. WEIRD.

Katy Perry diligently doing her homework back in December 2008

184-Katy_Perry.jpg

Remember that tweet a few years ago also when Katy Perry said her and her friends were all getting ready to watch Truth or Dare?

Anyone have the actual tweet?

I don't like Katy Perry music but i like her, she's funny and does not take herself seriously. Just like Miley they have a positive attitude wether you like what they do or not, they are strong, confident and funny. Gaga reeks of negativity, scheming, victimization, manipulation and pathos in general.

I feel exactly the same way. Well said!

Remember that tweet a few years ago also when Katy Perry said her and her friends were all getting ready to watch Truth or Dare?

Anyone have the actual tweet?

Also remember Katy and M tweeted back and forth to each other when M did those Twitter Q&As right when she first joined and before the MDNA Tour started.

Someone asked M what she thought of Katy and she said, "she's hot, if she was my girl i'd never cheat on her."

And Katy responded with "well played my Queen. My move .."

I love Madonna, but I am bemused why she does these things with such brainless pop tarts :rant:

+1

I wouldn't mind a photos shoot, but I really don't want another vocal collaboration and especially not with one of my least favourite pop princesses. I want an ALL MADONNA ALBUM! You know because her collabs always end up being the lead singles...

Also what kind of hypocrisy of people loving Katy (I'm looking at you @@madonnasuperfan01 ), yet trashing Gaga for "copying" Madonna, when they both do. LOL.

Neither of those two is gonna replace Madonna and I personally would never even dare to think of something like that.

I'm guessing this isn't really a Madonna fans vs. Gaga fans war, but rather a Katy stan vs. Gaga stan war fought on queen M's territory.

Also what kind of hypocrisy of people loving Katy (I'm looking at you @@madonnasuperfan01 ), yet trashing Gaga for "copying" Madonna, when they both do. LOL.

Neither of those two is gonna replace Madonna and I personally would never even dare to think of something like that.

I'm guessing this isn't really a Madonna fans vs. Gaga fans war, but rather a Katy stan vs. Gaga stan war fought on queen M's territory.

Not that it really matters but I don't see Katy as copying Madonna. She has her own thing going on. I think it's rather well established that Lady Gaga has always been attempting to replicate what Madonna does in it's near entirety. Right?

I love Madonna, but I am bemused why she does these things with such brainless pop tarts :rant:

Publicity mainly

Not that she actually needs it since she enjoys a bigger and more varied media platform than all those youngsters combined. She's consistently transgenerational. But I see everything she's done since 2003 starting with the VMA affair as her desire to tap a little bit into the teenage market. I can't believe people are still analysing MATM, failing to realise Madonna did it for pure business reasons. She wasn't out to redo ROL with Britney Jean Disney Spears (same with Miley who comes from the same corporate pattern), for god's sakes.

And in the end it was very good for her in the US in particular considering radio there is not very favourable to her. It hasn't since Music and she was already 42 by then. European radio has very different patterns. Every time I am at one of her shows from DWT and onwards I am simply amazed at the big slice of teens and early 20s concert-goers that actually attend her gigs. The Britney, Timberlake, Miley things she does are very good in these regards. Youngsters would get exposed to her and her overall work anyway but these collaborations def speed up that process for a specific bracket of fans.

I have to say I am actually pleased about Katy because she has some good catchy songs that were popular everywhere and she hasn't gone out of her way to lecture people on anything while presenting herself as an original and simultaneously stealing from other people and getting upset when called out on it

Also Katy is 30, not 20 like Miley for instance and that's already a plus

A great business tactic is to diversify your crowd. It's as simple as that. I do think that Madonna has worked with people and then got a bad vibe...therefore never working with them again. I think a Madonna, Riri and Katy three way could have been fun.

That is very inaccuarate. You can't compare any other pop star's level of borrowing to the palpable downright theft that has been going on since day 1 with that rich spoil brat. Lady Joanne copied the entire BAT Madonna image and tried desperately to sell herself as someone who was doing anything of great value for they gay community which later proved to be anything but

well katy isn't the one dressing up in a cone bra and BAT ponytail after saying the express yourself cover she just sang was inspired by whitney houston

im not even mentioning all the ageist and other inappropriate comments from team gaga to madonna (and that, without Madonna even said anything close to "reductive" yet) and therefore indirectly encouraging the monsters to hate on madonna non stop.

or perez hilton claiming madonna never writes her music and stealing everything from marilyn. another close friend of gags at the time.

or gags herself joking about giving madonna poisonous tea.

or calling people retarded for thinking her song sounds like madonna.

I could go on..

well katy isn't the one dressing up in a cone bra and BAT ponytail after saying the express yourself cover she just sang was inspired by whitney houston

:thumbsup:

Publicity mainly

Not that she actually needs it since she enjoys a bigger and more varied media platform than all those youngsters combined. She's consistently transgenerational. But I see everything she's done since 2003 starting with the VMA affair as her desire to tap a little bit into the teenage market. I can't believe people are still analysing MATM, failing to realise Madonna did it for pure business reasons. She wasn't out to redo ROL with Britney Jean Disney Spears (same with Miley who comes from the same corporate pattern), for god's sakes.

And in the end it was very good for her in the US in particular considering radio there is not very favourable to her. It hasn't since Music and she was already 42 by then. European radio has very different patterns. Every time I am at one of her shows from DWT and onwards I am simply amazed at the big slice of teens and early 20s concert-goers that actually attend her gigs. The Britney, Timberlake, Miley things she does are very good in these regards. Youngsters would get exposed to her and her overall work anyway but these collaborations def speed up that process for a specific bracket of fans.

I have to say I am actually pleased about Katy because she has some good catchy songs that were popular everywhere and she hasn't gone out of her way to lecture people on anything while presenting herself as an original and simultaneously stealing from other people and getting upset when called out on it

Also Katy is 30, not 20 like Miley for instance and that's already a plus

Good post, XXL.

I think you're right - it's mainly for publicity and to widen her fanbase .

If I had my way, she would ignore all these dumb bitches and only work with intellectuals and experimental artists - but what do I know! I still feel it's like Bette Davis doing a film with Jayne Mansfield.