Immaculate "Live to Tell" >>> Celebration version

henree

I really don't like the newer version of Live to Tell. The vocal cadence is off, and it throws me

out of focus when ever I listen to it. Does anyone else prefer the original vocal version?

I think I like the 7" edit best but the original True Blue album version is probably definitive. Didn't know there were any differences in the Celery version :lmao: didn't they just re-use TIC mix like it mostly did?

I like the mixing of the 7" version, the keys and chimes are a lot stronger than on the album. But the album intro is to die for. I think that's why I've always loved the TIC version, cause it was the best of both worlds.

Guest bluejean

Hang on. Celebration version is the True Blue version isn't it?

And I thought the single edit was just an edit of the album version??

I've never heard of Madonna re-doing the vocals for LTT for Something to Remember. Are you sure about that? I also thought that the single edit was just an edit of the album version, with no remixing at all.

Celebration's version is taken from "Something to Remember". Madonna redid the vocals for that release.

Never heard that before. LDLHA was reworked but LTT is the true blue version. I never liked the IC version as the opening synth was too quiet. I like the confessions demo with additional church organ.

Celebration's version is taken from "Something to Remember". Madonna redid the vocals for that release.

No.

I've never heard of Madonna re-doing the vocals for LTT for Something to Remember. Are you sure about that? I also thought that the single edit was just an edit of the album version, with no remixing at all.

Correct.

Guest bluejean

I prefer the version with the Scottish bagpipes which come in during the second last chorus. Exclusive to the Scottish version of Something To Remember.

I really don't like the newer version of Live to Tell. The vocal cadence is off, and it throws me

out of focus when ever I listen to it. Does anyone else prefer the original vocal version?

You should play them again, this time in a normal state ;)

You should play them again, this time in a normal state ;)

I can't seem to find the interview. But Madonna mentioned in 1995 around "Something to Remember's release. That either she redid the vocals or

they took the effects off her voice to achieve a more raw take on the song. I distinctly remember this and assumed it was common knowledge.

I can't seem to find the interview. But Madonna mentioned in 1995 around "Something to Remember's release. That either she redid the vocals or

they took the effects off her voice to achieve a more raw take on the song. I distinctly remember this and assumed it was common knowledge.

Definitely did not remake the vocals.

All three versions (TB, STR, Celebration) are identical as far as I can tell. TIC version is obviously different, and while I like the enhanced vocals and sound effects, I prefer the original version for its length and dramatic intro.

When STR was first mentioned in the UK music press (it was untitled at the time) it was described as reworkings of her best ballads - some with an orchestral touch. In the end it was only LDLHA that gotva rework and there was the orchestral I Want You. Maybe this is the op is confused?

Live+To+Tell+%25281%2529.jpg

Only two mixes of "Live To Tell" were officially released:

1) The At Close Range version mixed by Michael Verdick. This was included on True Blue, Something To Remember and Celebration and was edited --NOT REMIXED-- for the single release. Both 7" and 12" singles featured an instrumental of the full version on the flip side as well.

2) The Immaculate Collection version remixed by Shep Pettibone and Michael Hutchinson using Q-Sound technology.

So, there's the Full, Edit and Instrumental versions, mixed in 1986 by Michael Verdick and the 1990 Q-Sound Remix by Shep Pettibone and Michael Hutchinson. That's all!

I like the mixing of the 7" version, the keys and chimes are a lot stronger than on the album. But the album intro is to die for. I think that's why I've always loved the TIC version, cause it was the best of both worlds.

The 7" version (called "Edit") is identical to the full version, only cut down to a shorter length. However, as with most releases in the series, the yellow disc German CD single reissued in 1995 is poorly EQ'ed and therefore may enhance different elements of the mix for you (if that's your source).

The 3" CD single included in the 1997 CD Single Collection box from Japan is the only way to obtain the true single version with correct mastering on compact disc.

I think what you may have read was Madonna saying that the vocal on the finished version of Live to Tell was the original demo vocal, because they liked the raw quality, so she didn't redo the vocal at any time.

1) The At Close Range version mixed by Michael Verdick. This was included on True Blue, Something To Remember and Celebration and was edited --NOT REMIXED-- for the single release. Both 7" and 12" singles featured an instrumental of the full version the flip side as well.

2) The Immaculate Collection version remixed by Shep Pettibone and Michael Hutchinson using Q-Sound technology.

So, there's the Full, Edit and Instrumental versions, mixed in 1986 by Michael Verdick and the 1990 Q-Sound Remix by Shep Pettibone and Michael Hutchinson. That's all!

The 7" version (called "Edit") is identical to the full version, only cut down to a shorter length. However, as with most releases in the series, the yellow disc German CD single reissued in 1995 is poorly EQ'ed and therefore may enhance different elements of the mix for you (if that's your source).

The 3" CD single included in the 1997 CD Single Collection box from Japan is the only way to obtain the true single version with correct mastering on compact disc.

I think I might have confused Crazy for You with Live to Tell, my bad.

I think I might have confused Crazy for You with Live to Tell, my bad.

But Crazy For You is also the same everywhere, except The Immaculate Collection, where it appears as an edited, Q-Sound remix.

1) The At Close Range version mixed by Michael Verdick. This was included on True Blue, Something To Remember and Celebration and was edited --NOT REMIXED-- for the single release. Both 7" and 12" singles featured an instrumental of the full version the flip side as well.

oh gosh, I love you so much Mattress! You're my Madonna Encylopedia. :laugh: