We need to talk about HARD CANDY

Guest Rachelle of London

I repeat people that don't like Hard Candy cannot dance. It's a scientific fact!

It's like the people that hate on GGW.

Not at all. Hard Candy was the first era I got to fully experience, so I kind of have a soft spot for it. I was just surprised by the fact that it's the album that turned you into a stan.

What's there to be surprised about? It's a fucking STELLAR album, beginning to end including Voices, Isaac. :inlove:

I am. I thought you were here for me, not Hard Candy. #jellus

I am though; can you hear me calling your name!? Baby, I'm onto your game!

I was just surprised by the fact that it's the album that turned you into a stan.

Well, when I hear the name 'Madonna' my mind always imagines her in the current 'cougar' incarnation, so an album dedicated to her foxy fifty year old self is RIGHT up my alley. The newly divorced cheek-tastic M-Dolla of 2008 is MY Madonna & I claim her proudly. I couldn't take my eyes off of her during the HC era & seeing her live during S&S was the solidification of my fandom. She was always cool in my book, but that album was the key that opened the door to her previous works, really. It's EVERYTHING.

It's funny and I've said this b4 but I was horrified when I first saw the HC cover. Now, it's my favorite M cover. Super Milf extraordinaire w/ zero fucks to give if you don't like it. Madonna is hardcore pop. HC's cover conveys that brilliantly.

I repeat people that don't like Hard Candy cannot dance. It's a scientific fact!

It's like the people that hate on GGW.

This! :clap:

It's actually BETTER than I think it is.

Hard Candy is my favorite Madonna album.

Hard Candy is the reason I joined this forum.

You'd could literally say that "I'm here for Hard Candy."

We're here for M-Dolla!

I am one of those fans who initially didn't care for Hard Candy. At all. I had super high hopes because she was going to work with Timbaland, and then I heard 4 minutes. While it's a catchy song, it felt like something Timbaland had done multiple times, and I guess this influenced my overall opinion on the album. I did like Give it 2 me, and then later on Heartbeat.

BUT

I decided to give it another chance, and it turned out to be one of the albums I listen to the most. Almost every song is great, I dislike maybe 2-3 songs.