We need to talk about HARD CANDY

I still listen to the entire album at home or while driving in crazy traffic. HC, MDNA, & the first album always cheers me up if I'm having a bad day. :yes:

Heartbeat, Miles Away, Beat Goes On, & Dance 2Nite are some of my all time favorite M tracks. Several of the unreleased tracks kick major ass too :excl::excl:

As of today, I love HC more than M first four albums in the eighties, but I don't like HC as much as the studio albums starting with Erotica & ending with Confessions. I also like MDNA more than HC.

Guest Sinisin

The fact that you all hate Dance 2Nite has been an issue with me for years. I dont get it.

Guest Sinisin

Hardy Candy is warm yumminess to me vs. the frigid MDNA. It makes me think of Bedtime Stories vs. Erotica. Erotica was night time- with some chilliness. Bedtime Stories was warm and sunny lusciousness. I love them all but I prefer warmth.

Guest Sinisin

I would remove the excess of She's Not Me and Incredible- edit them down a bit and perfection!

Voices is epic- no touchy!

Guest Sinisin

And we all love M's voice when she says "work," in Spanish Lesson- so more of that through out!

Guest Sinisin

the long tracks are the best tracks

Incredible needs an edit. The over all theme of the song gets COMPLETELY lost by the end. Its a weird song I guess. I like the first part better? Maybe its kind of like Love Spent? Dunno- always felt like it needed a cut.

Dont get me wrong Erotica and American Life are on my top 5 fave list, but HC is the album ive been waiting for since Like A Prayer.. fun, dance, urban, very "now" sounding, energetic, carefree....the Madonna i know and loved! :)

Guest Sinisin

Hard Candy is my Vegas record- it was a rebirth for me. Happiest and saddest time of my life. Memories with this album. BIG TIME! And I love 4 Minutes- hip, fresh, and Madonna looking gorgeous and demure in the vid. Great era!

Guest Sinisin

Dont get me wrong Erotica and American Life are on my top 5 fave list, but HC is the album ive been waiting for since Like A Prayer.. fun, dance, urban, very "now" sounding, energetic, carefree....the Madonna i know and loved! :)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Now..

Do you like Dance 2Nite?

This forum does not- smh at these bitches.

Incredible needs an edit. The over all theme of the song gets COMPLETELY lost by the end. Its a weird song I guess. I like the first part better? Maybe its kind of like Love Spent? Dunno- always felt like it needed a cut.

it's meant to be chaotic.

jam to it on the regular and was bumping to it today. I loved it since it came out. Love the beats, her voice sounds like how it sounds live in some songs, I'm all for that. Love how some of the songs have such a sense of longing and an air of melancholy (heartbeat, incredible), GI2M is the Over and Over of the new millennium, the disco funk of SNM and BGO and SL is life itself. To quote Pud: "love it all!!!!"

MDOLLA$4EVA!!!!!

Guest Sinisin

it's meant to be chaotic.

Hmmm, I dont think so. Its just long. Nothing confusing/chaotic about the sex bits- got that. The point could/should have been made sans the 2 minute Pharrell indulgent ending.

Guest Sinisin

Babes this might be controversial but as of now, I prefer Hard Candy to MDNA.

Ha WHAT!

It's a Ciccone top 7 album and don't you forget.

YAAAAAAS!

Although I really like HC, I can't say I love it. I just feel like something about the production on some of the tracks is missing, but can't put my finger on it.

I agree with what Isaac said about GI2M and SNM :clap: IMO those are the best tracks on the album and some of the best in her whole career. Perfect, both of them.

Back in 2008 I was OBSESSED with 4 Minutes. Now, whenever I listen to it, I hear too much Timberlake and too little Madonna and I don't like that. A very good, catchy song though.

And Isaac, your hatred towards Voices needs to stop. Save for the Timberlake annoying vocals, that track is LIFE.

All in all, a very fun, summery album from M-Dolla.

I still don't get it when people say it's a horrible album and a flop. I think it's just wishful thinking. It's absolutely good even though the Pharrell tracks are better produced than the Timbaland ones. Voices & Devil wouldn't recognize you are 2 gorgeous songs ruined by their production. The fan-made accoustic Devil & the orchestral Voices give them life. I absolutely love the Lela pela tute first demo (without Justin). I think 4 minutes would have been better with a real horn section and marching band. I ABSOLUTELY HATE Glee but the intro in their cover is way superior to the original, i also haye Timbaland's ad libs or whatever you call his annoying "Freeafy freaaky" noises. DATED. I don't know what does not work in Incredible for me because the intro is cute and sunny, i LOVE the angry break and the second part of the song but the whole thing bores me.

I have a love/hate relation with Dance 2night. I think at the time of its releasewepeople were fed up with the already onmipresent Pharrell productions everywhere for years, same with the Timberland/Timberlake sound already everywhere for 2 years with sexyback and Furtado. Madonna was also just coming out of the unbelievable David controversy and turning 50 which people seem to not tolerate, Christopher had the book out, she was divorcing Guy, started making movies while still producing the album.......people expected her to make an EDM album i guess. The thing is it's a great album and it held well with time.

And how absolutely hot was she for the BET interview !

I LOVE HC!

This album is freaking so much fun and uplifting. The production and sound is cohesive and reminds me so much of the early 80s Madonna, 1st album and LAV eras.

Just like COADF was a breath of fresh air after AL, HC is a burst of pure euphoria to me.

Now now! Despite the fact that Hard Candy IS superior to both MDNA & (especially) Confessions, we're not here to discuss that!

No comparisons necessary, just explanations of whether or not you still like HC as an album in 2014. Review it & re-evaluate it.

WHAT A JOKE! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I really like you Isaac and Hard Candy is a cool album but that's huge delusion right there :lmao: :lmao:

I've always loved Hard Candy (but once again, IMO she doesn't have a bad album) :)

Right now i think She's not me and GI2M are my faves

Edited by Vogue992

Its simple. I love it. I dont think there is a song I dislike (maybe Incredible, cause it goes on and on and on)... Strangely I find M later albums quite strong, especially COADF and HC. MDNA is amazing, but there are some songs I cant bear to listen to: Birthday Song, Superstar, GMAYL, I Fucked Up, but I love all the other songs. COADF is miles better than HC and MDNA though.