We need to talk about HARD CANDY

I adore Spanish Lesson. Anybody who doesn't obviously needs to get a sense or humour, okay?

I guess I just didn't get the joke on this one :(

I think Madonna should stop putting "humorous" songs on her albums, because people clearly don't seem to get it and are not here for it. See: GMAYL, B-day Song.

I like Spanish Lesson, but I don't think it's a good song, lol. B-day Song and GMAYL were B-Side material. They're cute and funny but not album/single-worthy. I can't believe B-day Song almost made it on the standard edition INSTEAD of Love Spent!

I don't know if I have sende oh humour or not,but SLesson...better if you don't know thr language

I've always thought that she never translated what she was saying but more saying what it meant differently.

"yo te quiero means I love you

Mucho gusto means i'm welcome to you" the second line is linked to the first and mucho gusto comes after the yo te quiero so the i'm welcome to you is for the fact that she opens herself to the person she loves very much. I mean obviously if she thought it was a direct translation that means she didn't ... Well ... Look it up XD and obviously we know she does. Anyway, it goes on like this through the song.

Edited by RoyalMadonna

Love HC, a great summer album with constant replay value. Also loved MDNA, that seemed great at first but, indeed, has little staying power and turns into possibly her weakest.

It's a shame cause there a couple songs that are very strong and well crafted, prob some of her best stuff. I love MDNA, but I can admit that it's a lil messy.

MY TRACK LISTING. IT'S THE BEST. UNBEATABLE.

1. "Candy Shop"

2. "4 Minutes"

3. "Miles Away"

4. "Give It 2 Me" (Special Edit w/o the "Get Stupid" part)

5. "Heartbeat"

6. "Animal"

7. "She's Not Me"

8. "Beat Goes On"

9. "Incredible"

10. "Dance 2night"

11. "Across the Sky"

12. "Spanish Lesson"

13. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"

Y'ALL CAN SUCK IT. I HAVE THE BEST DISCERNMENT IN MUSIC.

I guess I just didn't get the joke on this one :(

It's just a cute song. It's not rocket science but it has a sense of humour and romance. I like that. I also really enjoyed the drama of the sticky and sweet performance. I live for giving more homework for my subjects to get done.

I don't know if I have sende oh humour or not,but SLesson...better if you don't know thr language

I don't speak Spanish because it hurts my throat but the song isn't like meant to be equivalent to Shakespeare in Español.

B-day song is awesome. Very early Madonna. :thumbsup:

How is it very early Madonna? Which period are you referring to?

What is the fascination with Animal? Its cool I guess, but please Keep it FAR away from HC. :lol:

I like you but you are WAAAAAAYYY too obsessed with this album. It's good. It's just not as great as you think it is.

Animal, Across the Sky and Pala Tute are too good to be outtakes in my opinion. I actually prefer Timbaland's production over Pharrell's to some degree.

1. Candy Shop <- loved it back in the day, but it's really UNDERprouced
  2. 4 Minutes <- it's a good song, but I would prefer it w/o Justin as duet partner and w/o Timbalands ad-libs
  3. Give It 2 Me <- OVERRATED! The production on the vocals is horrible and the whole production sounds like a cheap karaoke track. I never understood why this song gets so much love. Girl Gone Wild sounds more polished than this.
  4. Heartbeat <- This song is AMAZING! Great lyrics, great production! Very urban and overall a really good song.
  5. Miles Away <- meh. Always thought this was a cheesy and generic track.
  6. She's Not Me <- Pharrell's best effort on this album, production-wise. Cool lyrics and this track really just slays.
  7. Incredible <- Another song I really liked back in the day, but listening to it nowadays makes me think this maybe should've been left as an outtake
  8. Beat Goes On <- loved the demo and also love this version. Another great track and should've been the second single, imo.
  9. Dance 2night <- This song really isn't a bad song. It's just very boring and nothing special.
  10. Spanish Lesson <- I love the beat and the instrumental. This song is really fucking stupid, but it's kinada cool. AGain, could've stayed an outtake in favour of a better track.
  11. Devil WRY <- One of the best songs of Madonna's career. Incredibly haunting, well-written and just overall AMAZING!
  12. Voices <- The production really is what makes this a horrible song

If I could change the tracklist of Hard Candy a bit, it'd look like this:

1. Candy Shop (re-worked tbh)

2. 4 Minutes

3. Give It 2 Me (more like the "Infinity" demo)

4. Heartbeat

5. Animal

6. She's Not Me

7. Beat Goes On

8. Incredible

9. Pala Tute

10. Ring My Bell <- not as bad as people say it is

11. Across the Sky

12. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

It's just a cute song. It's not rocket science but it has a sense of humour and romance. I like that. I also really enjoyed the drama of the sticky and sweet performance. I live for giving more homework for my subjects to get done.

I don't speak Spanish because it hurts my throat but the song isn't like meant to be equivalent to Shakespeare in Español.

How is it very early Madonna? Which period are you referring to?

Otto Von Wernherr ‎and The Early Years.

I adore Spanish Lesson. Anybody who doesn't obviously needs to get a sense or humour, okay?

You should laugh at Madonna. Because she was being completely genuine.

I'm curious, what is it about Music that you don't like?

Orbit's contributions. Here's the kicker--he's responsible for the saving grace material on MDNA.

Otto Von Wernherr ‎and The Early Years.

I don't really see it. Can you elaborate?

You should laugh at Madonna. Because she was being completely genuine.

What do you mean by genuine? It's clearly meant to be a fun song and isn't Pharrell like part Spanish speaking thing anyway?

Orbit's contributions. Here's the kicker--he's responsible for the saving grace material on MDNA.

I disagree.

What the fuck?

Now you know the feeling I get when I read one of your flirtation posts. :lol:

Now you know the feeling I get when I read one of your flirtation posts. :lol:

No. They're not directed to you. You must be jealous of the attention I shower on others.

I listened to the demo of Candy Shop all the way through for the first time the other day and it's actually brilliant, far, far better than the album version except that it doesn't have Pharell's 'To the M -A -D -O -N -N -A part at the end which I love.

The demo of BGO is weak as water, very glad that got the full retreatment and I have a huge weak spot for Ring My Bell. Animal had potential but you can see why it wasn't included. They could have blown the roof off with that track but it just sounds like they all dropped the ball with it lyrically and productionwise. I can definately see why it's so popular here.

Lastly Pala Tute really doesn't fit the theme of the record, it would have stuck out like dog's balls.

Album wise, She's Not Me is the highlight of the record followed by Heartbeat and Beat Goes On, those tracks are faultless and should have been singles. Give it 2 me is great also but they dropped the ball with the video once again. I'll never understand why Madonna has gotten so lazy with her singles and videos, it's apalling really and is very frustrating. Miles Away could have been a decent hit too but had another crap video and a crap single sleeve and was just chucked out into the market place and abandoned. Why did they bother, honestly? You don't have to spend a fortune on the budget or take days to film them just come up with a great concept, even reuse some of the tour choreography and voila you have a decent video. Look how effective Girl Gone Wild turned out, that dance sequence is iconic and she looked hot throughout.

The production on Voices is terrible, it should have been a straight forward ballad. #WTF !!!

That's my whinge for the day. Please don't hammer me over it, I realise she was planning a tour, getting divorced and raising 4 children. I just don't know why she goes to the trouble of making album's if she's only going to promote the first single and make one decent video when she's got oodles of amazing tracks and potential follow up hit singles. People notice this sort of thing, it's just not very good and not a great reflection on her or her management.

I really hope we get a couple of good videos and singles for the next record and things aren't rushed like the last few album's for the tour. I'd even be happy to see the backdrop videos recycled and set to a completely different song and serviced to video shows. She puts that much effort into her tour videos, I mean why not?

No. They're not directed to you. You must be jealous of the attention I shower on others.

I didn't say they were directed toward me and I definitely don't get jealous. I was saying how your posts make me cringe.

I didn't say they were directed toward me and I definitely don't get jealous. I was saying how your posts make me cringe.

Nothing arouses you. Nothing shocks you. You're numb to life and all its stimulus.

I like you but you are WAAAAAAYYY too obsessed with this album.

It's good. It's just not as

great as you think it is.

It's actually BETTER than I think it is.

Hard Candy is my favorite Madonna album.

Hard Candy is the reason I joined this forum.

You'd could literally say that "I'm here for Hard Candy."

It's actually BETTER than I think it is.

Hard Candy is my favorite Madonna album.

Hard Candy is the reason I joined this forum.

You'd could literally say that "I'm here for Hard Candy."

Oh.