24 Years Ago, Madonna kicks off her influential Blond Ambition tour in Japan!

Guest Pud Whacker

jpg_for_madonna.jpgimage.jpg

jpg_for_madonna.jpgimage.jpg

Those outfits were beyond amazing . Nothing or no one has ever came close . EVER !

I saw the third (final) show at Wembley stadium. If I'd died the next day I would have died happy. It was one of the BEST nights of my life. I'll never forget it.

Love reading comments like that. Exactly how a concert should make people feel. So glad you had that experience Nightcutter. I would have loved to have seen the Blond Ambition tour live.

I think Rolling Stone's definition of Like A Prayer being "as close to art as it gets" can easily be applied to this tour as well. While I have a more personal connection to M's recent tours, especially MDNA (since I've been to it) and it's not my personal favourite, it's undeniable BA was the fundament of today's pop shows as well as for what was yet to come from Madonna herself - without BA, there would have been no Drowned, Confessions or MDNA either. And of course it contains one of her most iconic and memorable looks, the ponytail with the golden corset by JPG.

Sometimes I'm really annoyed that I was born in the 90's, I feel like I missed out on so many great moments in music and shows, e.g. MJ's Bad Tour or exactly this one, Madonna's Blond Ambition. But at least M still continues after all this time to surprise and excite us with new amazing shows :thumbsup:

For me, BAT has something that sadly is lost in today's music. The lack of technology made the artist more human and everything more organic.

I love Confessions Tour, which is such a bombastic technological show. The same with DWT and MDNA. But both BAT and GS are incredible because you can see Madonna properly doing her thing. No backdrops and less smoke and mirrors.

I'm still addicted to this tour now I jsut can't get enough of it

It will remain one of the classic and best tours ever in the industry.

For me, BAT has something that sadly is lost in today's music. The lack of technology made the artist more human and everything more organic.

I love Confessions Tour, which is such a bombastic technological show. The same with DWT and MDNA. But both BAT and GS are incredible because you can see Madonna properly doing her thing. No backdrops and less smoke and mirrors.

I agree. It would be awesome if Madonna went back those days. it would almost seemed back to basics if she did. BA and GS were Madonna at her peak on stage

This tour is one of the best things that has ever occurred in musical entertainment history, bottom line. I was a fan from the early days and she was already my favorite going into this tour. But after, it became something even larger and more loon-ish. By the time BAT and Truth or Dare happened, she was a world ruler.

Sadly those past tours are being slowly forgotten by the younger generation. BAT is a brilliant spectacle that should have been immortalized on a proper video release. At least people still have youtube anyway, but youtube is an ephemeral gadget that will never substitute an official release.

Fucking everything. Iconic. This show still makes me giddy

Can anyone post the setlist sorted by segment (name of segments too) i never can. I get lost trying to do it. Lol

Fucking everything. Iconic. This show still makes me giddy

Can anyone post the setlist sorted by segment (name of segments too) i never can. I get lost trying to do it. Lol

This, I think.. :blush:

Metropolis

Everybody/Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Causin' A Commotion

Where's The Party

Religious

Like A Virgin

Like A Prayer/Act of Contrition

Live To Tell

Oh Father

Papa Don't Preach

Dick Tracy

Sooner Or Later

Hanky Panky

Now I'm Following You

Art Deco

Material Girl

Cherish

Into The Groove/Ain't Nobody

Vogue

Encore

Holiday

Keep It Together

madonna-blonde-ambition.jpg

the dick tracy segment through to the end of into the groove was a let down. that whole segment should have been shortened. material girl taken out as well as now im following you. otherwise the show is flawless

I saw this concert on Mexican TV, I think it was summer of 1990, a breadcast of the Barcelona show... This is when I felt in love with our Queen Mandona.

I couldn't stop looking at her face and moves. Since then, I'm one of her biggest fans, I swear, I feel very lucky for it.

I saw this concert on Mexican TV, I think it was summer of 1990, a breadcast of the Barcelona show... This is when I felt in love with our Queen Mandona.

I couldn't stop looking at her face and moves. Since then, I'm one of her biggest fans, I swear, I feel very lucky for it.

That's the one I saw on Swedish television. I liked Madonna before, but I wasn't a fan like I became after watching BAT. Me and my best friends watched this together, and nothing was the same afterwards. We spent that whole summer learning and rehearsing the choreography from the tour, after her mom had taped the show on a VHS cassette (she made me a copy as well).

After that my room became a shrine to Madonna, photos and posters on every cm of the walls.

Anyway, this show is one of the greatest shows ever. Everything changed after that. Everyone who denies it should seek help.

src.gif

Praying that there will be a stunning BluRay edition out for the 25th anniversary! (But let's be real, it won't happen)

The Now Im Following You interlude is everything. In fact, the Dick Tracy segment is my favorite segment.

You can't sing? That's alright neither can I and look at how far I've gone, YASS! :wow:

The Now Im Following You interlude is everything. In fact, the Dick Tracy segment is my favorite segment.

I like it, but I just don't get it....