Madonna always supportive to other female singers

Jazzy Jan

Well, back in the mid-90s, she did say to be popular, you couldn't have a point of view (saying Mimi Carey and Whitney Houston didn't have a f**king point of view), and kinda implied that Mimi wasn't "terribly bright." That Spin quote, though, some in the media took and ran, saying M said she'd rather be dead than be Mimi. Which was not exactly what she said- she was asked if there were times she wished she was just singing silly pop songs, like Mimi, and M said, "I'd kill myself" (and laughed). In that interview, she also said the USA buys a lot of Mimi records, that it has nothing to do with art, it's homogeneous, etc.

M settled down a bit after that, and was less of a bitch in interviews. :)

Is this a joke?? :lmao: :lmao:

Noo! I don't remember where I read it (I think Madonnarama back in the day) but she definitely said during the European interview blitz that their second album was amazing and better than hers.

• 11 months later...

Well, had to find this thread to add some great pictures of Madonna yet again, supporting other female artists. Love that they admire her so much and her great attitude and support to them. Madonna always a class above some other famous women who tear each other apart.

Love this photo of her and Rihanna

272704F700000578-3018960-image-m-37_1427

Guest Rachelle of London

The fans like to put females against each other too. It's sad that people think or expect all women to hate each other

you know what? i think she genuinely even likes gaga and a few of her songs. it never felt personal with her coming from M's side, more of a teasing "you shouldn't have stolen my song & look" kind of thing. compared to the jlo stuff in the 90s or the weird comments from and to janet. but aside from that she's been so lovely, sweet, and supporting of other females. and a few women in 32 years is not a lot at all. a lot more people try to start shit with her but she still says she loves them, lol. even elton

Back in the VMA MJ tribute in 2009,I remember Janet saying in an interview she's never even met Madonna.How is that even possible with all the award shows they must have been nominated together up to that point,the VMA tribute seemed like the perfect opportunity