Madonna always supportive to other female singers

Jazzy Jan

Great idea for a thread, Janelle! I agree ... and I agree with Skin about her respect/admiration for her dancers and great performers in general. I really started noticing that from DWT forward, especially -- she gives the spotlight over to them so often.

I would post some additional photos of M with Gwen Stefani. ShantiAshtangi already posted one of M, Gwen, and Sheryl at Madonna's Music release party, but there are others, too... M and Gwen at Oscars VF party, etc. [i hope they're still cool ... I thought I read that Gwyneth Paltrow was at Gwen's most recent baby shower, so ... hope that doesn't mean anything for M and Gwen.]

I just copied this thread and posted in another forum since it's something I think should be highlighted, hope you don't mind. Kudos for the great work everyone!

Reality, that is definitely OK and great you like the thread.

Apart from the photos of Madonna with others that have been posted, her comments about other singers are wonderful too. She has praised and defended Adele and talked of her love for Diana Ross, Chrissie Hynde, Karen Carpenter, Lauryn Hill and many others. She also often talks about her love and admiration for female film stars and artists too. She regularly talks of her love for male stars as well. I highlighted her praise for other females because so often female stars all seem to bitch about other women and judge them. It is fantastic that she does not do that. Love all of the photos everyone has been posting.

madonna-gallery.jpg

kesha-madonna-miley-cyrus-bbma-2013-back

It's mostly the fans responsible for generating wars in their head among female singers, spreading bullshit with words like "competition" when really that is not the case.

Yes, some singers may have no praised their peers, but really the most vicious are the fans.

I mean, look at the comments on Miley about Madonna attending her concert... speaks volume of the catty unnecessary bitching, just for the sake of being cunts to appear above anyone else.

Madonna supports Miley? Good for her. I am not a Miley fan, not at all, but good on Madonna for being supportive of the young ones.

Same goes for all of the other female artists Madonna showed genuine support over the years.

It's mostly the fans responsible for generating wars in their head among female singers, spreading bullshit with words like "competition" when really that is not the case.

Yes, some singers may have no praised their peers, but really the most vicious are the fans.

I mean, look at the comments on Miley about Madonna attending her concert... speaks volume of the catty unnecessary bitching, just for the sake of being cunts to appear above anyone else.

Madonna supports Miley? Good for her. I am not a Miley fan, not at all, but good on Madonna for being supportive of the young ones.

Same goes for all of the other female artists Madonna showed genuine support over the years.

Great post Shanti!

:thumbsup:

Sorry, but who are they? Dionne?

Eartha Kitt and Martha Graham. (Calvin Klein may be on the far right -- there's another photo out there in black and white where you can see him. Eartha might not be on the left in that photo, though.)

madonna-and-gwen-stefani-1360237929-view

:kiss2:

Thanks! I saw this one online, as well, but ... I'm always a little hesitant about hotlinking? The one I posted was already on M'Nation, so I figured I'd use that one instead, even though this one looks friendlier! There was a third one, too, that I saw online.

Sorry, but who are they? Dionne?

Eartha Kitt and Martha Graham. (Calvin Klein may be on the far right -- there's another photo out there in black and white where you can see him. Eartha might not be on the left in that photo, though.)

I know these two photos don't necessarily support the idea of the thread -- sorry! -- just thought I'd follow up with a couple other photos from the same event for Catboy's benefit:

11528_h500w820gt.jpg

tumblr_lydrned3S31qearaqo1_1280.jpg

^ This is the one I was thinking of -- with Kathleen Turner instead of Eartha Kitt. Cool to know/see Eartha was at that event, too!

Excuse my ignorance but is there something wrong with Eartha Kitt?

she looks kind of out of it in those pictures

I know these two photos don't necessarily support the idea of the thread -- sorry! -- just thought I'd follow up with a couple other photos from the same event for Catboy's benefit:

11528_h500w820gt.jpg

tumblr_lydrned3S31qearaqo1_1280.jpg

^ This is the one I was thinking of -- with Kathleen Turner instead of Eartha Kitt. Cool to know/see Eartha was at that event, too!

^ Apparently, I've created some confusion. My apologies.

The photos you quoted, Hawes-king, do not include Eartha Kitt, who is a singer and perhaps most notably was one of three actresses to portray Catwoman on the televsion series of Batman. She also recorded a rendition of "Santa Baby," which Madonna later recorded, too.

Eartha Kitt can be seen on the far left of the photo ShantiAshtangi posted (at the same event as the two I posted).

To the right of Madonna in all the photos can be seen Martha Graham (the woman whose hand Madonna is holding), who was a legendary dancer and choreographer. Madonna was greatly influenced and inspired by Graham; she wrote a piece for a 1994 issue of Harper's Bazaar that detailed her early encounter as a dance student in NYC with Graham.

The photos above were taken in October 1990, at a gala event in NYC for the premiere of the Maple Leaf Rag, which Graham had choreographed.

Graham died less than a year later; in the photos, she was 96 years old. So that may account for some of the odd posture and facial expressions in the photos.

In the photos I posted:

TOP (from left to right): Madonna, Martha Graham, Calvin Klein

BOTTOM (from left to right): Kathleen Turner, Madonna, Martha Graham, Calvin Klein

Hope that clarifies things a bit.