New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

When did Madonna say the new album was "top secret"? I guess I missed that. But honestly, I really don't think that means anything. She decided to be cheeky at that moment and then decided she couldn't resist throwing some meat to her Instagram followers. It's not inconsistent with her recent behavior at all. She uses Instagram to get attention and it worked.

Guest Loo Eli

When did Madonna say the new album was "top secret"? I guess I missed that. But honestly, I really don't think that means anything. She decided to be cheeky at that moment and then decided she couldn't resist throwing some meat to her Instagram followers. It's not inconsistent with her recent behavior at all. She uses Instagram to get attention and it worked.

It got mentioned in an interview at the Toronto HC gym opening 3-4 weeks ago. She talked like the entire process hadn't gotten off the ground, the songs hadn't even been written, etc which I took to mean in reality she was shopping demos around to various producers. Playing it very cool and close to the vest, except the collaboration with Avicii which he spilled the beans on a few months ago. So make of it what you will but I highly doubt it was a random Instagram moment.

It got mentioned in an interview at the Toronto HC gym opening 3-4 weeks ago. She talked like the entire process hadn't gotten off the ground, the songs hadn't even been written, etc which I took to mean in reality she was shopping demos around to various producers. Playing it very cool and close to the vest, except the collaboration with Avicii which he spilled the beans on a few months ago. So make of it what you will but I highly doubt it was a random Instagram moment.

So strange. If songs haven't been written, that means she's either writing in Avicii's studio OR recording some pre-written track a la GGW or TUTR. Both make me nervous.

I can bet that Madonna is very fastidious as a cleaner and would leave everything spick and span and absolutely spotless :flirt:

I'd rather tell her to leave the broomstick and dance with me. She would expect some trendy producer and i would play Spotlight. She would leave very angry.

The end :(

there has been a strategy: uptemppo sing a long tracks fit for the Tour.

GI2M (she even mentioned it was written for the Tour), Celebration, GMAYL, GGW, TUTR..

Im expecting more Touring music. In the End, its where the moneys at.

So strange. If songs haven't been written, that means she's either writing in Avicii's studio OR recording some pre-written track a la GGW or TUTR. Both make me nervous.

Moe confirmed that first songs were already written in November. Remember she recorded some songs last month already.

Guest Loo Eli

Most likely the basics are there and Madonna is looking for producers or 'co-writers' to clean them up. I doubt the Avicii collaboration is for her anyway, but she may not know 100% either before having even entered the studio.

Not a fan of Avicii, but maybe it's just for a song or two. We have no idea. I do like that the vocals in his work are front and center with no vocoders. Also like the potential of another Music/American Life-sounding album, EDM + guitar + M vocals works for me.

Moe confirmed that first songs were already written in November. Remember she recorded some songs last month already.

But that was before M was asked and she said she hadn't started yet and was still deciding who to work with. I suppose that means songs could still have been written, but she made it sound like nothing had been started yet.

Guest Loo Eli

But that was before M was asked and she said she hadn't started yet and was still deciding who to work with. I suppose that means songs could still have been written, but she made it sound like nothing had been started yet.

There are tons of industry rumors and she has been working on a version of the album off and on since at least Fall of 2012 based on MDNA interviews. Madonna has said specifically herself only that 'plans were underway, but not to ask with whom -- that was top secret' which reads to me like a least a short list of collaborators are set to go with final arrangements being made accordingly. I am pretty sure she has a good idea of where the music is going and has released demos to these mystery figures to get them on board.

I'm not a fan of Avicii but we don't even know how much involvement he has on the album so I won't jump to conclusions. The collaboration could turn out well,who knows? All I know is that in all my years as an M fan I've never been disappointed with any of her albums.

I have faith in her.

I'm just excited she's working on a new album!!!!

I'm not a fan of Avicii but we don't even know how much involvement he has on the album so I won't jump to conclusions. The collaboration could turn out well,who knows? All I know is that in all my years as an M fan I've never been disappointed with any of her albums.

I have faith in her.

I'm just excited she's working on a new album!!!!

FINALLY someone sane! :) I feel the same way. people are just jumping into conclusions too quick. like who knows if he will even make the album?

Anyway, one thing i like about M is that she does what SHE wants to do, no matter if the whole world wants her to do something else. I have a strong feeling the new music will be good, i feel it's gonna be something with soul, emotions, with some organics and real instruments, a touch of country, and all this through pop and electronic music. A right balance of things & influences. Let's also not forget Moe has confirmed she has recorded a beautiful ballad, so it's not gonna be "all dance". I think this album will be a mix of Ray of Light & Music, in a new 2014 form of course, the point is always to bring something new to the table.

there has been a strategy: uptemppo sing a long tracks fit for the Tour.

GI2M (she even mentioned it was written for the Tour), Celebration, GMAYL, GGW, TUTR..

Im expecting more Touring music. In the End, its where the moneys at.

where on earth did you get this theory that she now makes music for the tour? Its one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard :lmao:

where on earth did you get this theory that she now makes music for the tour? Its one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard :lmao:

no she has spoken about this before, that she writes and releases the songs she does because she wants to play them to an audience who sing along. She definitely said it about Give It 2 Me (if I recall correctly her words were "I wanted something that would sound great in a stadium") and it's probably why she recorded and released Turn Up the Radio as well.