Which of you wrote this article?

realityisalways

:lmao:

MADONNA, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD FOR A MINUTE (OR FOUR)

madonna-fighter-e1389130242294.jpg

It’s official: Madonna is now going well beyond the 4 minutes she was originally allotted with Justin Timberlake to save the world — and this time, Katy Perry is getting involved.

That’s right, the #secretprojectrevolution #artforfreedom #RTforbrazil campaign is still happening in 2014. What is it, exactly? Well, it’s a thing about freedom. And violence. And gays. And Pussy Riot.

Let’s be clear here: I am endlessly appreciative of the fact that Madonna has championed the rights of all oppressed minority groups ever since she first began her career. That’s one of the many reasons why she is the Queen! But let’s also keep it very real: This #secretproject is getting to be a bit…uh, much.

The end goal of the #secretprojectrevolution is to start a #revolutionoflove through #art. But frankly, I still don’t quite understand how curating a bunch of freedom-inspired artwork online (that only diehard Madonna fans will ever bother looking at) will help to do much for the world beyond preaching to the choir — to the tune of “Like A Prayer,” of course.

And enlisting Katy Perry to curate this #art for January? Yes, I know she did “Firework” that one time. But is she really the most inspiring freedom fighter of the bunch? The one that said she’s not a feminist? Sorry to ‘go there,’ but like…you sure ’bout that one, M?

Lady Gaga might be one LittleMonsters.com message board post away from being committed at the moment, but um…that whole ARTPOP thing? At least that would have made a little bit more sense. Plus, no more feuding! After all, 2014 is the year of ending diva duels for Fabulous Lady Empowerment Anthems.

Or what about Beyoncé, Queen of Visual Albums? Didn’t she just give Mercy a smooch like a week ago?

A better way to inspire peace and joy throughout the world, I think, would be to just make music. Good music, preferably. It could even have a message — so long as that message sounded more like “Express Yourself” and less like “Hey You.”

To be clear, here now is a list of things that Madonna could do that would be better for the world than a #secretprojectrevolution:

• Release a song.
• Release two songs.
• Release an EP.
• Release an album.
• Release a soundtrack of original music, assuming it does not accompany a film about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.
• Release a 10th anniversary edition of “Nothing Fails.”
• Release the Blond Ambition Tour on DVD.
• Release a collaboration with Lourdes for her upcoming debut pop album.
• Release a personal, urban duets album with Britney Spears called Ray Of Lightney.
• Release a duet with Kylie Minogue already, for God’s sake.

Any of those will do.

We love you, Madonna. Seriously. NOW TAKE OUT THE GOD DAMN GRILL.

The only thing I agree with is the Katy Perry stuff. If human rights and freedom of expression, or even art for that matter, are huge passions for her, she's kept it spectacularly quiet.

If you want #artforfreedom to have some bona fides, you think you'd rope in people who are activists in your cause not just popular people. It makes it look bandwagony.

Some people are so fucked with their priorities.

'Please don't try to make a positive change in this world Madonna! I'm a spoiled little brat! Give me a new single now!'

Is Madonna hurting them in any way? Does it make them loose sleep? Apparently so, otherwise why would they complain so much about something as harmless, yet positive side project.

I can't with some fans, really...

Some people are so fucked with their priorities.

'Please don't try to make a positive change in this world Madonna! I'm a spoiled little brat! Give me a new single now!'

Oh please. Madonna has done great charitable work in the past -- but that does not include #vanityprojectrevolution.

If she was spending her time at the Ray of Light Foundation, traveling to Malawi to break ground on a new school, or starting a new project to help rebuild Detroit, then she'd have my blessing. But let's not pretend that having pop stars post art to Flipboard is doing a damn thing to change the world.

If it isn't changing the world then maybe it's because there are too many people with an attitude like yours.

Yes, of course. Because having spent my entire career working in charities and politics to promote social justice and stop right-wing zealots from destroying the social safety net -- Yes, I'm the sort of person who is stopping the world from being changed. :rolleyes:

I don't mind more secretprojectrevolution. As long as she looks fabulous, has great videos and music and stuff to go along w/ it. Then, hey, bring on saving the world

Yes, of course. Because having spent my entire career working in charities and politics to promote social justice and stop right-wing zealots from destroying the social safety net -- Yes, I'm the sort of person who is stopping the world from being changed. :rolleyes:

Right wing zealots are the worst.

Was this written by that Terry Richardson look-alike Kylie loon that used to post here years ago? Madonna's flop GRITTY and RAW™ prissy whiney bossy cock-deprived powerbottom fans are the fucking WORST. :sick::1251: Artforfreedom has been a wonderful, inspired project! I think her passion and inspiration for it will carry over and bode well for her next album/tour.

the writer says that with good music, madonna could spread her message to more people. this is probably true.... the general public has little knowledge of art for freedom, whereas her singles have a wider audience. what's so hateful about such an opinion?

The only thing I agree with is the Katy Perry stuff. If human rights and freedom of expression, or even art for that matter, are huge passions for her, she's kept it spectacularly quiet.

If you want #artforfreedom to have some bona fides, you think you'd rope in people who are activists in your cause not just popular people. It makes it look bandwagony.

Tshirt, don't underestimate Katy or take her lightly. She can tame tigers, elephants and brush the teeth of crocodiles. I would hate to see her set them onto you. :scared: We would all miss you too much on this forum.

a_560x0.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

a_560x0.jpg

Speaking as someone who was initially critical of this project, I think the article writer should shut the fuck up.

Now that I've seen the submissions to this project, I really do think that this is a great idea. There are so many talented people bringing diverse and noble causes to light. And it's not just lip service to "start a revolution of love": Madonna is using her own street cred (or pop culture status) to elevate relatively unknown artists AND is shelling out $10,000 a month to their nonprofit of choice - which IS having an effect somewhere to someone.

This person who wrote this article comes across very transparent, IMO. They just want new music. Well, guess what? Me too but I know a good cause when I see one and this project is a good cause. And if you just shut your goddam trap for awhile, maybe you'll see that this whole project was a way for Madonna to find a new muse. To inspire her. Maybe all these works of art are fueling a new Madonna album as we speak? See the forest, not just the goddam trees.

And who gives a fuck who guest curates? I wouldn't care if she asks the cleaning lady at my office or Lady Gaga. Some artist is going to have their cause recognized and be given money to amplify their voice. Does it matter who picks it? Or does it matter that one more artist is being heard?

Sorry, I am in a mood today.

Guest bluejean

Sounds like the work of a vile pig with awful taste in my eyes.

I agree. I really don't agree with this person.

I tend to disagree that Katy Perry is not a freedom fighter. Katy Perry is probably the only current female pop princess apart from Beyonce that has any potential to grow as an artist. Madonna herself has said she does NOT consider herself a feminist. So I don't see their point there.

Also, who is to say Beyonce will not be featured as part of the project in the future? Madonna doesn't usually sniff around these other lesser stars just to make friends with them. I wouldn't be surprised if something is brewing there.

I kinda feel bad for lg. joanne thinks of herself as an art expert and lover of art. and madonna chooses joannes main competitor to curate. it's so sad.

Speaking as someone who was initially critical of this project, I think the article writer should shut the fuck up.

Now that I've seen the submissions to this project, I really do think that this is a great idea. There are so many talented people bringing diverse and noble causes to light. And it's not just lip service to "start a revolution of love": Madonna is using her own street cred (or pop culture status) to elevate relatively unknown artists AND is shelling out $10,000 a month to their nonprofit of choice - which IS having an effect somewhere to someone.

This person who wrote this article comes across very transparent, IMO. They just want new music. Well, guess what? Me too but I know a good cause when I see one and this project is a good cause. And if you just shut your goddam trap for awhile, maybe you'll see that this whole project was a way for Madonna to find a new muse. To inspire her. Maybe all these works of art are fueling a new Madonna album as we speak? See the forest, not just the goddam trees.

And who gives a fuck who guest curates? I wouldn't care if she asks the cleaning lady at my office or Lady Gaga. Some artist is going to have their cause recognized and be given money to amplify their voice. Does it matter who picks it? Or does it matter that one more artist is being heard?

Loved your post!! I'm in a mood everyday.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: