Would you care if she never had another "big hit"?

Apples388

No. I don't feel like she has anything left to prove in the music biz. She's done it all and so brilliantly too.

Do I think she will have another big hit? Probably not...

Would I like to see her have another big hit? Sure, who wouldn't?

Do I care if she has another big hit? Not really...

She's accomplished more than any other artist ever has or will, anyway.

Yes, and she really made a big effort with GMAYL and GGW and what happened? That a silly clip from Rihanna got more views than a Madonna video. And that's because regular public (the one that makes a hit in YouTube) stopped caring about Madonna as video artist.

Remember when she premiered Erotica? And when she premiered Frozen? And when she premiered Music? Even when she premiered Hung Up there was big expectation. Sorry was lazy, GT was not up to her standards, Jump is a joke, 4 Minutes isn't what it should be, Give it To Me is another joke, Celebration is another lazy video... GMYL came and many people didn't care.

GI2M is a huge youtube hit..over 20 million views and counting..

I don't care either...

My favorite songs are never big hits, anyway.

Same for me :lol:

All my favorites Madonna songs either flopped or weren't released as singles. I really don't care, music is the most important thing and she has yet to disappoint me in that era.

Im convinced she will have another big hit coming..

Even Cher is having still having hits..

Cher hasn't had a pop hit in 14 years. If you're talking dance/club, then Madonna is doing even better than Cher anyway.

Guest Rachelle of London

GI2M is a huge youtube hit..over 20 million views and counting..

a huge youtube hit is 100m+ views, 20m isn't that much

she'll have another hit, no doubt about that. haha..remember when hard candy only had 2 official videos, and people were saying 'omg, she'll prolly will only have one video for the lead single from here on out!" :lol:

and just like now people are assuming that shes going to direct another movie because that what she did for the last album/era!

please, she'll have another big hit at some point, and if not, who gives a shit anyway if that music is great(which is obviously will be)

Being in the U.S., she hasn't had a huge hit since -- what? "Don't Tell Me?"

I'm still a fan after 12 years of flops and minor hits. I don't care if she every has another major hit, so long as it's good.

Now, if she releases a bunch of shit albums, then I'm going to have a problem.

Being in the U.S., she hasn't had a huge hit since -- what? "Don't Tell Me?"

I'm still a fan after 12 years of flops and minor hits. I don't care if she every has another major hit, so long as it's good.

Now, if she releases a bunch of shit albums, then I'm going to have a problem.

Christ. I forgot about "4 Minutes." That was legitimately a huge hit here. Just not a great song.

a huge youtube hit is 100m+ views, 20m isn't that much

Do we know what M's most popular YouTube video is? I was going to guess "4 Minutes" but I vaguely recall that being removed and then added back? Right now GMAYL is her highest with 53m?

Ultimately though, YouTube views don't mean anything. Bragging rights for fans is about all a high view count is good for. There have been over 106 million views for Applause, yet it certainly didn't translate into sales or critical acclaim for the album. I mean, not even 1 million people worldwide cared to buy the album it's first week of release. I'm not the best at math, but doesn't that equal out to less than 1%?? Pretty awful. :(

Guest Xanthium

Of course I want her to dominate and rule the charts but quality music is more important. I'd rather have something artistic than something generic and mainstream just to score a hit.

Honestly no, but if anyone has a chance it's Madonna. I just want her to give us another amazing album that blows everyone away. An album so good that hits or no hits, it's still universally praised and makes everyone fall in love with Madonna all over again. And I hate to bring Lady Gagz into this, but with her new release being less than stellar this would be the perfect opportunity for Madonna to come through and show everyone why she IS Queen. Madonna, just give us another masterpiece. Please. People are always going to be negative but don't make it so easy for them! Deliver a killer album and force them to eat their words. Sigh.

I've been noticing more and more, a number of fans are far more focused on what other people think of Madonna and her music, when measuring her success, rather than just enjoy her music as she presents it. I'm not saying MDNA or HARD CANDY are masterpieces or among her most best albums, but I still enjoy them thorougly. I don't feel like she creates these albums in a rush or puts any less effort in those albums as the last or her most successful ones. Certainly, I hope for an album that is criticially acclaimed and accepted by the whole world, but it's hardly a prerequisite to what makes a masterpiece. I've seen a lot of high praise for a lot of crap albums by other artists. In the end, it's subjective anyway.

I've been noticing more and more, a number of fans are far more focused on what other people think of Madonna and her music, when measuring her success, rather than just enjoy her music as she presents it. I'm not saying MDNA or HARD CANDY are masterpieces or among her most best albums, but I still enjoy them thorougly. I don't feel like she creates these albums in a rush or puts any less effort in those albums as the last or her most successful ones. Certainly, I hope for an album that is criticially acclaimed and accepted by the whole world, but it's hardly a prerequisite to what makes a masterpiece. I've seen a lot of high praise for a lot of crap albums by other artists. In the end, it's subjective anyway.

Let's just cut to the chase, Hard Candy was just "good" and MDNA was subpar.

Now tell me I'm lying.

Let's just cut to the chase, Hard Candy was just "good" and MDNA was subpar.

Now tell me I'm lying.

I think most of us have a couple of Madonna albums we would consider "exceptional", the rest are "just good" and then some would say she has one or two "bad" albums.....although personally, I don't think she's ever released a "bad" album. Lyrically, I actually think she improved from HC to MDNA, there is more versatility on MDNA (she uses a variety of different vocal styles throughout the album....something she hadn't done in a while) and I think had she went another direction with her single choices, the perception of MDNA would be completely different. Unfortunately, it's primarily judged based on GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. I find the album to be one of her most honest and revealing albums she's ever done. I don't think she's ever been so straight forward lyrically as she was on MDNA.

It seems like GB, IA, LS, FF and BK are the most beloved songs on the album. Had they been released as singles, they too would've flopped, but regardless, I think they'd still remain the most beloved songs on the album. However, I have a sneaking hunch that many would be questioning had she released the more "commercial" sounding songs like TUTR, GMAYL and GGW, would the singles/album have been more successful.

At this point, even MDNA's "flop" numbers destroy the first week sales of pretty much all pop girls out there. When was the last time a pop girl sold 750k first week wordlwide like MDNA did? And that was with a lead single that did horribly on the charts.

Just release a first single the whole world can relate to like Frozen, Music and Hung Up and the success will be there.