M Attends NYFF- and is Banned from Theater?

Guest Not4Pussies

And you are lucky you are still able to post here after 5 useless posts.

That story was proven to be all lies. Ang Lee himself responded to it in a foreign newspaper saying it was rubbish and Madonna was very polite and sweet to him and loved his film.

You are obviously a troll who does not like Madonna and yet is wasting your precious time and energy coming on to her fan forum and trashing her. Honestly, why do people just blindly believe gossip stories and respond like they are the absolute truth. Page six, Huffington post, The Daily fail, NW magazine etc hardly ever have a good word to say about Madonna and these negative stories are so often proved to be either totally made up or highly exaggerated. Yet, here we are again, believing some "travel writer journalist" who ends his tale with the line that Madonna is "the worst person in America" :no:

Lillies, head off to the other Madonna forums around - they will love you there as love trashing Madonna all the time and believing every crap story about her. Leave us fans at Madonnanation in peace.

That story was proven to be all lies. Ang Lee himself responded to it in a foreign newspaper saying it was rubbish and Madonna was very polite and sweet to him and loved his film.

Seriously? Someone posted this "story" after I wrote what really happened earlier in the thread?

Seriously? Someone posted this "story" after I wrote what really happened earlier in the thread?

Yes, I know. It just astounds me how people just believe gossip as fact.

I know Madonna is not a perfect, polite person all of the time ( and really who is anyway ) but the way that these stories are thrown around and embellished so often is just pathetic. What about the story where she was supposed to be complaining about not liking grey goose vodka and snubbing Jane Fonda. That was also proved to be completely made up. As later confirmed, Madonna did not complain about anything and does not even drink vodka. Jane Fonda also said it was rubbish.

Don't talk about yourself like that love.

She so is. Reductive was instantly historic and je suis l'art is forever funny. But ENSLAVER might become my new fave, omg. It's up there with my eternal love of "you're not asking the question, motherfucker."

Haha. Is that an oxymoron? "Send photo". She's got a quip for every occasion

Yes, I know. It just astounds me how people just believe gossip as fact.

I know Madonna is not a perfect, polite person all of the time ( and really who is anyway ) but the way that these stories are thrown around and embellished so often is just pathetic. What about the story where she was supposed to be complaining about not liking grey goose vodka and snubbing Jane Fonda. That was also proved to be completely made up. As later confirmed, Madonna did not complain about anything and does not even drink vodka. Jane Fonda also said it was rubbish.

'Hi, Jane.' is one of my favourite things ever. :dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

isnt her fave drink lemon drops, I swear that was made out of vodka...

I love all the stories about M being a bitch to other celebs, I kinda wish they were true!

Guest Rachelle of London

Don't mess with her! Madonna blasts 'enslaver' during Steve McQueen's 12 Years A Slave premiere after being criticised for texting

By Rachel Levy

PUBLISHED: 09:31, 11 October 2013 | UPDATED: 12:23, 11 October 2013

69 shares

View

comments

She's a force to be reckoned with.

Breaking classic moviegoer etiquette, Madonna relentlessly sent text messages during the premiere screening of 12 Years A Slave in New York City on Tuesday.

But her actions didn't go unnoticed, causing a scorching fan to blatantly call her out, in which the 55-year-old pop icon responded: 'It's for business... enslaver!'

article-0-189E259300000578-94_634x869.jp

She doesn't like to be told what to do... Madonna called a moviegoer an 'enslaver' after being slammed for texting during the premiere of 12 Years A Slave in New York City on Tuesday

New York Post's Page Six first reported about the incident at Lincoln Center's Walter Reade theatre, calling the superstar - who was unidentified at the time - 'a mysterious blonde in black lace gloves who wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie.'

After becoming agitated with the disturbance, a female filmgoer eventually 'tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away.'

It was then that Madonna quipped back with her inappropriate 'enslaver' response.

article-0-189F526D00000578-129_634x909.j

Ironic: The pop star had posed with the film's director Steve McQueen and was 'visibly moved' by the drama about slavery

The historical drama - starring Brad Pitt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Michael Fassbender - is a fact-based film about a freed slave (Ejiofor) who is then sold back into slavery.

'Some people are shocked by this, because Madonna was visibly tearing up, everybody there thought that she was very moved by it,' another source confirmed to Us Weekly, after it was noted that the lash-out had come from Madge.

'She really wanted to say hello to Steve McQueen and congratulate him.'

The Vogue songstress was, in fact, seen with the film's director, Steve, even posing with him for a few snaps at the New York Film Festival event.

And she was pictured wearing an all-black ensemble, which included lace gloves.

article-2453879-18AB37DB00000578-416_634

Sticky fingers: The Material Girl singer apparently 'wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie'

Am I missing something? Why would Madonna spontaneously come out with "enslaver" as an insult? Is it a new thing that I have missed? It makes the whole story very implausible. However, if someone did tap her on the shoulder, I bet it came as a shock for her to be treated like a normal person!

Madonna Banned From Alamo Drafthouse After Texting During '12 Years A Slave' NYFF Premiere

Always the one to court controversy and attention wherever she goes, Madonna could not help but express herself during the New York Film Festival premiere of "12 Years A Slave" earlier this week. Fresh off of releasing her short film "secretprojectrevolution" and spearheading a global initiative to protect freedom of expression, she was spotted at the screening of Steve McQueen's slavery drama exhibiting less-than-stellar moviegoing etiquette. The news originated from this Facebook post by film critic Charles Taylor, who passed along the following anecdote from a former student:

"Tonight at the New York Film Festival premiere of '12 Years A Slave' (a masterpiece, by the way), Stephanie Adams and I sat behind the unholy trifecta of Jason Ritter, J. Alexander from 'America's Next Top Model,' and Michael K. Williams from 'The Wire.' Plus, a mysterious blonde in black lace gloves who wouldn't stop texting on her Blackberry throughout the first half of the movie. Eventually, a woman next to me tapped her on the shoulder and told her to put her phone away, and the blonde hissed back, 'It's for business... ENSLAVER!' I turned to the shoulder tapper and loudly said, 'THANKS!' and gave her a thumbs up. The rest of the movie, I kept thinking about how I wanted to tell the blonde what a disgrace she was. During the standing ovation, the blonde ducked out and Jason Ritter turned around to make commiserating eye contact, as J. Alexander asked, 'Who WAS that?!' Jason then looked down at the floor. His eyes got wide, and he picked up an envelope and showed it to us and J. And it said: '2 screening tix MADONNA.' And sure enough, we looked to the side of the theater and standing against the wall in black lace gloves was Madonna. The worst person in America."

The issue of texting during movies has been a sore point among moviegoers for some time now. No one knows this better than Tim League, founder of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, the Austin-based theater chain that kicked out a patron for texting during a movie and went on to produce several amusing advertisements with celebrities urging moviegoers to refrain from using their mobile devices when the lights are down. Upon hearing of Madonna's violation, League took to Twitter, barring her from stepping foot inside any of the Drafthouse cinema locations until she issues an apology to moviegoers. Madonna has yet to respond, perhaps because she has too many business-related texts to catch up on.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/madonna-banned-from-alamo-drafthouse-after-texting-during-12-years-a-slave-nyff-premiere

Guest Not4Pussies

hahaha, this is crazy. every little thing she says or does goes to the extreme in the press

i mean i am against people texting during a movie, but come on, this is hilarious.

hope madonna makes a video like she did to the hydrangeas response

well then they should ban almost every single person paying to look at their movies!

hypocrites!

texting honestly doesnt annoy me much. i don't see how it can. it's the loud chewing & talking that's really disrespectful!

texting honestly doesnt annoy me much. i don't see how it can. it's the loud chewing & talking that's really disrespectful!

You speak my mind, Nikki. Add the disgusting smell of that damn tacos with cheese. Of course, cinema owners will not do anything against it since they make more money from those sales than from the movie itself. Hypocrites indeed.

Madonna Banned From Alamo Drafthouse After Texting During '12 Years A Slave' NYFF Premiere

Upon hearing of Madonna's violation, League took to Twitter, barring her from stepping foot inside any of the Drafthouse cinema locations until she issues an apology to moviegoers. Madonna has yet to respond, perhaps because she has too many business-related texts to catch up on.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/madonna-banned-from-alamo-drafthouse-after-texting-during-12-years-a-slave-nyff-premiere

What an idiot. Banning Madonna because someone made a facebook post about an anecdote of a former student, who by the way has not come up with any kind of evidence, told him. That's all hear say. But I guess, Mr League has learned from tons of Z-listers and knows mentioning Madonna in an unflattering ways makes headlines and brings publicity. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind. Pretending to do customer service when it's obvious all he does is to promote the theater chain. If he is indeed a man of word he should issue a memo to every theater that orders ALL people who text in the theatre to be banned until they offer an apology.

You speak my mind, Nikki. Add the disgusting smell of that damn tacos with cheese. Of course, cinema owners will not do anything against it since they make more money from those sales than from the movie itself. Hypocrites indeed.

Yep. you worded it much better than I did. And I'm more than certain it annoys people way more than people quietly texting a bit. To call Madonna "the worst person of the US" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! For texting nonetheless! :lmao: this is really hydrangea-gate II.

Also imo when the brightness isn't too high on the screen it's also not even noticeable at all, as the back of the seat covers it for the people behind it.