M Attends NYFF- and is Banned from Theater?

Guest Not4Pussies

What an idiot. Banning Madonna because someone made a facebook post about an anecdote of a former student, who by the way has not come up with any kind of evidence, told him. That's all hear say. But I guess, Mr League has learned from tons of Z-listers and knows mentioning Madonna in an unflattering ways makes headlines and brings publicity. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind. Pretending to do customer service when it's obvious all he does is to promote the theater chain. If he is indeed a man of word he should issue a memo to every theater that orders ALL people who text in the theatre to be banned until they offer an apology.

Wait.. this all comes from someone rambling on Facebook?

it's probably not even true :lmao:

Wait.. this all comes from someone rambling on Facebook?

it's probably not even true :lmao:

This is what the indiewire article says: "The news originated from this Facebook post by film critic Charles Taylor, who passed along the following anecdote from a former student: "Tonight at the New York Film Festival premiere of '12 Years A Slave' (a masterpiece, by the way), Stephanie Adams and I ..."

You speak my mind, Nikki. Add the disgusting smell of that damn tacos with cheese. Of course, cinema owners will not do anything against it since they make more money from those sales than from the movie itself. Hypocrites indeed.

What movie theater's sell tacos with cheese? :huh:

Guest Not4Pussies

What movie theater's sell tacos with cheese? :huh:

hahahaha my thoughts exactly.ive never heard of a movie theater that sells tacos.

i think he meant nachos with cheese

This is everywhere in the news, even here in Asia. URGH I really hate how an anecdotal hearsay gets magnified into hundredfold negative because it's Madonna. Media's f*cked up.

Who cares, it's actually quiet nice to have NASTY Madonna back. Work that rudeness I say ( even if it is made up :) ) She has been far to kind, boring and human being of late. I want my CUNTY Madonna back!

whether it's true, half true, or not at all.. the thing that it's spreading while it's so banal and makes people say THAT is the reason for her being the "worst person of the US" shows that maybe she's just people's punchbag. it's not as big as hydrangea, probably, but it's the same banal shit as 2 years ago.

in the end it's senseless. i doubt there'll be people saying they won't go to her shows or buy her music because she was once caught texting during a movie :lmao:

Yep. you worded it much better than I did. And I'm more than certain it annoys people way more than people quietly texting a bit. To call Madonna "the worst person of the US" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! For texting nonetheless! :lmao: this is really hydrangea-gate II.

Also imo when the brightness isn't too high on the screen it's also not even noticeable at all, as the back of the seat covers it for the people behind it.

having said that it's all a stupid drama....

....what is annoying it's not "people quietly texting", but it's the light of the phones that's really annoying other people trying to watch a movie.....

:rotfl: @ the meltdowns in here.

I think it was hilarious what he did and I love the Alamo Drafthouse.

This is all he said

Until Madonna apologizes to film fans, she is banned from watching movies at all Alamo Drafthouse locations. I also hereby formally challenge her to compete in the 2014 Fantastic Debates.

So obviously he was being silly. Personally I would LOVE if she was involved in the debates.

Guest Not4Pussies

he told ew.com today that at first he was just joking but that now he is serious about banning her. "sure why not." his words.

I can't believe I'm watching Judge Judy and it says COMING UP MADONNA BANNED FROM THEATRES FOR HER BEHAVIOR! Lol wtf is going on! Are they seriously using this as a news piece?! In other news, I got my harpars bazaar!