MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

Guest Rachelle of London

It was only released two days ago and it's Sunday. Give the label some time ;-) Besides, it might just concern some discs or only some European markets. Who knows. Amazon Germany has not recalled yet. They just stopped selling it until they have more information from the label.

That shows that there is definitely something wrong, why would a big retailer like Amazon stop selling a product for no reason!?

It was only released two days ago and it's Sunday. Give the label some time ;-) Besides, it might just concern some discs or only some European markets. Who knows. Amazon Germany has not recalled yet. They just stopped selling it until they have more information from the label.

Thanks for the information! :thumbsup:

I don't think so, the editing is just fine in my opinion, except for in some places. The fact that they can't make a simple Blu-ray without all this drama is what annoys me (obviously not Madonna's fault though)

1234856_550465725019437_1044685441_n.jpg

ooo the DVD shows her this up close in GGW? I haven't even seen the EPIX show yet. Looking forward to GGW. I did see Express Yourself/GAYLUV and the editing was too hyper. Everything has to be so fast nowadays. It would be nice to go back to the days of WTG and just simply watching M dancing on stage; not her backup dancers and audience every .0002 milliseconds lol

Guest pedrohdi

1234856_550465725019437_1044685441_n.jpg

ooo the DVD shows her this up close in GGW? I haven't even seen the EPIX show yet. Looking forward to GGW. I did see Express Yourself/GAYLUV and the editing was too hyper. Everything has to be so fast nowadays. It would be nice to go back to the days of WTG and just simply watching M dancing on stage; not her backup dancers and audience every .0002 milliseconds lol

Amen to that!

Is the "Vogue" performance that was posted to Vevo from the DVD? Cause that looks fine- how does it play on the DVD and/or Blu-Ray?

Yeah, the "Vogue" performance on her official Vevo is, most likely, from the HD Blu-Ray (and DVD).

The editing is what it is...and it's been Madona's style since Confessions. It's clear she likes quick cut, stylized edits.

But that screencap above IS a major production and manufacture error. The picture is NOT supposed to be like that.

it's a fabrication error in some countries (mostly in europe it seems) so people who complain have every right to do so because they paid for a faulty product.. it's not like we're all blaming madonna or her manager (at least not in here :lmao:)

what annoys me about this is that many people seem to see different kinds of errors (some bigger than others).if it was just one of the same mistake in a few countries they could say you can return and replace the dvd or blu ray in a few weeks. but this seems like a big mess :(

i heard about the netherlands & belgium postponing the release for a few weeks so i hope they are not selling it in the stores (anymore..) so with a bit of a wait hopefully we can get the correct dvds/blu-rays then. i also hope more countries are following this path because it's such bad advertising for M's tour..

Guest Rachelle of London

it's a fabrication error in some countries (mostly in europe it seems) so people who complain have every right to do so because they paid for a faulty product.. it's not like we're all blaming madonna or her manager (at least not in here :lmao:)

what annoys me about this is that many people seem to see different kinds of errors (some bigger than others).if it was just one of the same mistake in a few countries they could say you can return and replace the dvd or blu ray in a few weeks. but this seems like a big mess :(

i heard about the netherlands & belgium postponing the release for a few weeks so i hope they are not selling it in the stores (anymore..) so with a bit of a wait hopefully we can get the correct dvds/blu-rays then. i also hope more countries are following this path because it's such bad advertising for M's tour..

hahahaha can you believe he suggested that Guy shouldve been present at the factory when they were making the DVDs so he could test about 20 or 30 to see if they were faulty! hahaha you gotta love Twitter

8.75 GB for a Blu-Ray? So they basically copied the DVD over to the Blu-Ray. That's really fucked up. I guess that's what the problem is. They were lazy. A Blu-Ray file should be waaaaaaaaaay bigger than that.

I just bought the DVD at a local store here in Dallas, and everything is 100% fine. I played through my blu ray home theatre system, all DTS channels we're functioning and there were no video problems. The audio was much fuller than I've heard from anything yet, however I think most of the issues are from the audio mix itself.

I'm Addicted is still just a weird mix thats a bit off, like they mashed the album instrumental mix w/ the live mix and it wasn't in sync. I noticed that from the EPIX broadcast, so its intentional.

I wasn't surprised AT ALL, when i read that Demo Castellon was the sound designer along with Kevin Antunes for the Miami shows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the show, but the sound mix is just odd. Its like they took different elements and placed them at different levels throughout the mix (particularly the audience, which is sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right especially when using headphones). If that makes any sense. I use garage band for messing around with mixes and such, and you can move sounds to the right or left, high or low in the mix. its like they took stock sounds of audience noise and moved to the back of the mix to make it sound more live.

As for the CD, I'll have to judge it when I get the 2cd and compare. If its indeed just a rip of the dvd, then its not worth the purchase, IMO

S&S, CT, and IGTTYAS all had proper live recordings (tweaked or not) that were specifically mixed for CD audio.

^ Well that's good news, tho yesterday another guy from the US did say he had missing channels on his surround set up.

Demo Castellon? Oh brother....

I saw that about the missing channels, too. So, I was thorough in my investigation… every speaker had an output and the front and back were different, so it was definitely working.

Blu Ray is another story, so I'll have to check it out when it arrives.

Yeah, i wonder what she likes about Demo. She must not listen to her records once they're released, cuz he can kinda suck the life out of a song.

What songs/albums has Demo done? And what exactly does he do that people don't like?

just curious.

He mixed the JT/Timbaland tracks on HC and all of MDNA as well as Revolver on Celebration. Spike Stent mixed the Neptunes/Pharrell tracks. For example, listen to She's Not Me then Voices at the same volume and you can clearly tell a difference in the mix. William Orbit had a few things to say about his frustrating working method too.

From what my ears tell me, he flattens out every song he work on. The layers sound stacked instead of dynamic. He takes fullness and any roundness out of a song, especially on headphones. Voices is pretty much unlistenable for me, and I love that song.

For example, listen to She's Not Me then Voices at the same volume and you can clearly tell a difference in the mix. William Orbit had a few things to say about his frustrating working method too.

From what my ears tell me, he flattens out every song he work on. The layers sound stacked instead of dynamic. He takes fullness and any roundness out of a song, especially on headphones. Voices is pretty much unlistenable for me, and I love that song.

Wow you are right. Voices sounds awful (I love the song)