MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray Coming September 9/10

XXL

Ric'key Pageot celebrating the release by playing Evgeni's Waltz in full:

My DVD/2-CD combo (ordered from Amazon France) just arrived. I'm just working my way through the DVD so far everything is okay.

Can someone please recap and tell me what issues there are meant to be?

:o this is a hot mess! I can't believe it, poor Europeans!

I did not notice anything bad about my Aussie blu-ray. The only bad things I thought to myself while watching was that the sound isn't as good as s&S blu and her face has been contrasted way too much sometimes I can barely make out her facial features. I didn't notice anything with the picture, though I wasn't looking for anything and was too excited to care.

I will have a look again on Monday when I'm home but I'm pretty sure my blu-ray is fine. Feeling sad for all the people that are unhappy with their purchases especially after we all waited so long!

Xx

I've read through the complaints on Amazon.de...and sorry but I don't c it...the grainy & 'blurry' parts

seems like an intentional effect...like old skool live footage. It looks fantastic imo.

The audio however is weird.

oh lord, how did they screw this up after so many months of editing the thing

This is just a guess, but from what it sounds like so far, some of the Blu-Rays (like those in Aus) are fine. The ones in Europe are somehow defective to the point that it's obvious.

I don't think that's something that necessarily lies the fault at M, Guy, or the those who edited/produced the thing, as we all know it's not supposed to be like, especially seen by the Vogue performance uploaded to her official Vevo page...and the tv airings so far.

Something got screwed up with the formatting/burning by the company that manufactures the discs themselves...and that happened to be ones sent to Europe. At least that's what it seems like so far.......

My MDNA DVD also does not work properly at all. :no: :no:

The picture's black'n'white (NTSC?) and I can't even start watching the concert because the fucking frame freezes.

Meanwhile "Addicted to Sweat" has also just been released here and it works prefectly fine.

Anyone else from Germany having this problem? :german:

Or ist just my DVD player? :think:

So, I am watching it just again. In daylight. And it's like watching a different thing. Most of the stuff I complained about yesterday to much filters on the pictures etc. are much more subtle now and it's not so distracting anymore. Therefore I think the picture is exactly what they intended. The editing and use of layers are part of the concept. IT may not be my cup of tea for certain parts but I understand that's her vision. Anyway, there is something wrong with the audio. During her speech and Masterpiece you can hardly hear her. I doubt it is meant to be that way.

And LAV / LS is simply gorgeous. It' s really beautiful.

Guest Rachelle of London

I dont get how it's different watching in daylight... anyway I hope mine is okay! My amazon order says dispatched so I hope I get it on Monday

^^^ I think watching it in a dark makes it more intense. Because there is nothing around that could be ditracting. And the difference between the sharp and clear HD parts and the pixelated, grainy, filtered parts are much more obvious. Especially on a Full HD screen. That's why I believe many people think there is a production issue and many reviews say that it's like watching VHS tape quality. And it's true. Have yo ever watched a TV show from the 80s on a Full HD TV. It's unwatchable. Of course the technical data is no different if you watch it by day or night. But the impression (my impression) is different.

Since we are now mostly sure the video is exactly what they intended it to be I think it should come with a warning.

Anyone remembers Erotica? There is a warning in the credits. "Notice: All surface noise on the song "Erotica" has been included intentionally." This would at least finish the discussion if the video quality is right or not. And onyl the artistic decisions are up for debate.

Intentionally grainy images or not, there's still the audio issue. In the DTS surround mix, the left front and rear channels are missing.

I'm watching the bluray now (and watched it yesterday in a bar) and it looks fantastic. I'm on Masterpiece and the audio is luxurious (on this song specifically) ...I did notice MINOR differences in the editing but it's so small, it's almost unnoticeable. The one specific part I noticed was when she's about to come out of the confessional there is a quick snap of a bunch of different things from the opening sequence. That was NOT in the EPIX broadcast as far as I remember.

I love my DVD and I think the audio is the best of any of her tours ever. Some people are idiots.

I know, sometimes I wonder if its my ear. I DO hear the unnecessary crowd noise BUT in the masc/fem section, I barely hear it. It's mostly during the transgression and basque section.

I know, sometimes I wonder if its my ear. I DO hear the unnecessary crowd noise BUT in the masc/fem section, I barely hear it. It's mostly during the transgression and basque section.

How does the DTS sound?

It sounds great. I keep trying different sounds and settings. I'm on Like a Virgin and it sounds beautiful and clear. The audience is underneath her vocals which are sharp. The crowd sounds faint.

I don't have the blu-ray yet, only the DVD, but so far the video looks "as expected". I'm a quality freak, and I'm not sure why people even buy DVDs if they have an HDTV.

As far as the audio. On the DTS mix it's missing the Surround Left track, so basically sound comes out of the right rear speaker, but not the left. I thought maybe the speaker was just unplugged, but no - just no sound being thrown to that one on this mix. Also, the Bass is EXTREMELY low, to the point where, again, I thought my subwoofer was off - nope, turned it up full blast and it barely makes a thump. wompwomp. Otherwise I find Madonna's voice to be quite clear, and really i I think it's pretty listenable so far.

Hopefully the blu-ray will have a different mix. I only got the DVD because it was all they had. If not I'm not going to be very happy.

EDIT : Just noticed the right front speaker has no sound coming out either. GREAT!

Guest pedrohdi

I just got an email from the store I've pre-order the Blu-Ray and the 2CD saying they've shipped the order to the store, so tomorrow or monday I'll be picking up my copy! Anyone here from Portugal have bought it already?

maybe they were just saying that cuz they are fans of someone else. SABATOGE

anyway, it looks like if there are problems it is ONLY IN EUROPE THUS FAR....anyone have a list?