Madonna on INSTAGRAM Part II

XXL

I think she only made Hard candy to pretend to be black to be honest. She just wanted a hit. [/sARCASM]

I personally think it's not really her but the record companies, just my personal opinion but I think she might be a bit pressured by the industry to make music that appeals to top 40

I personally think it's not really her but the record companies, just my personal opinion but I think she might be a bit pressured by the industry to make music that appeals to top 40

I think you missed my point. :rotfl:

I think she only made Hard candy to pretend to be black to be honest. She just wanted a hit. [/sARCASM]

WB was forcing her to listen to JT, Timbo and Pharrell albums before HC.........and now Interscope is forcing her to go to black concerts she really doesn't want to attend and listen to Frank Ocean.

I want Madonna to start listening to and making music she REALLY wants to make again. Madonna is a 55 year old white woman so urban music isn't able to inspire her. It's all industry forcing her to say she likes these things so she'll appear to be "down with the kids". Maybe with these pics at the Drake show, MediaTakeOut will finally say something about her.

:chuckle:

Gotta love how nobody really questions Madonna's creative choices when it comes to musical direction on her album.......but when it comes to HC, apparently she had a gun held to her head and was FORCED to do it.

Lol at Warner and much less Interscope forcing Madonna to do anything LOL

I know. One thing I have always admired about Madonna is her brave personality and the way she stands up for what she believes in. When she was encouraged to do "rock" music before she was famous, she rebelled, formed her own band and made the music she wanted to make. When she was taken to France to be moulded as a star, she also stuck true to what she wanted, left a life that was comfortable money wise and returned to New York to do what she wanted to do. She has always trusted her instincts and I think that so many people misinterpret her choices when they personally don't like certain albums or music. Madonna always does what she feels is right artistically even if others don't agree. Love her for that.

WB was forcing her to listen to JT, Timbo and Pharrell albums before HC.........and now Interscope is forcing her to go to black concerts she really doesn't want to attend and listen to Frank Ocean.

I want Madonna to start listening to and making music she REALLY wants to make again. Madonna is a 55 year old white woman so urban music isn't able to inspire her. It's all industry forcing her to say she likes these things so she'll appear to be "down with the kids". Maybe with these pics at the Drake show, MediaTakeOut will finally say something about her.

Gotta love how nobody really questions Madonna's creative choices when it comes to musical direction on her album.......but when it comes to HC, apparently she had a gun held to her head and was FORCED to do it.

:lmao:

It annoys me to no end. People are literally so...basic.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna took her son to a rap concert BIG DEAL!!!!! Shes been taking her kids to rap concerts since they were young! Just because she went to a concert doesnt mean her next album is gonna be rap! like really guys!

I doubt Interscope bought Rocco the tickets, how is it in their interest to have a 55 year old white woman do a rap album LOOOL

Drake sings as well as raps. He's kind of a mix of hip hop and R&B. I do feel as though her next record may have an element of soul/R&B mixed in with the electronica. She mentioned Frank Ocean in that chat.

Guest SecretGarden

So true, no one questions the motives behind Confessions (which, as much as I love it, was probably her most calculative album, designed to win back some of her fanbase lost with American life) but with Hard Candy certain fans still think somehow she was forced to work with Timbaland and Pharell - somehow to them it's impossible to conceive that Madonna would enjoy more genres then just generic dance music (maybe it's because they don't listen to anything but that type of music?...).

It's funny in retrospective though, because over half of Madonna's albums were inspired by soul, funk and rnb, I see HC as a natural progression from albums like Erotica and Bedtime Stories.

So true, no one questions the motives behind Confessions (which, as much as I love it, was probably her most calculative album, designed to win back some of her fanbase lost with American life) but with Hard Candy certain fans still think somehow she was forced to work with Timbaland and Pharell - somehow to them it's impossible to conceive that Madonna would enjoy more genres then just generic dance music (maybe it's because they don't listen to anything but that type of music?...).

It's funny in retrospective though, because over half of Madonna's albums were inspired by soul, funk and rnb, I see HC as a natural progression from albums like Erotica and Bedtime Stories.

Exactly, when she first started she was being marketed somewhat as an R&B artist. To me, "Hard Candy" is just a re-visit to the roots of funk and R&B from "Like A Virgin", "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories". Even "Like A Prayer" had a bit of the R&B vibe. It's odd for those to criticize her collaborating with a number of R&B, Rap, Funk known producers/artists for "Hard Candy", but not for albums like "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" that had a number of songs that she included rappers, R&B artists, etc. "Hard Candy" is a pretty solid album. You do have quite the cohesiveness with that album. I think some fans just have so much hate for certain artists like JT and Timbaland, that they can't accept that Madonna did manage to put together a cool album using those artists. I agree, using them seemed a bit late in the game, but who fuckin' cares. The album is pretty solid. And I still think if "Devil..." was released it could have been her "Take A Bow" radio hit all over again.

THIS!!! The first album has some real funkiness to it, even if it's more dance/disco oriented - Lucky Star, Holiday, Think of Me, Physical Attraction...

I love Hard candy!!! :lol:

People who hate this album i guess:

1. Hates Timbo, Timber and Kanye

2. Does not want a collaboration for a lead single

3. Just wants only electronic music from M

4. Prefers more serious stuff than fun songs

THIS!!! The first album has some real funkiness to it, even if it's more dance/disco oriented - Lucky Star, Holiday, Think of Me, Physical Attraction...

I agree 100%, however I feel that HC was lacking in soul. Madonna did in fact sing with so much soul on MADONNA/ EROTICA/ BEDTMIE STORIES etc.

I just felf her vocals fell flat on HC.

MDNA brought back some the of that funk

I agree 100%, however I feel that HC was lacking in soul. Madonna did in fact sing with so much soul on MADONNA/ EROTICA/ BEDTMIE STORIES etc.

I just felf her vocals fell flat on HC.

MDNA brought back some the of that funk

I don't think it's so much the way she's singing (though sometimes) ... it's even more so the engineering of the vocals in post-production. They mess with them too much in regards to the speed or pitch, etc.

Some fans redid the pitch on Girl Gone Wild...SO much better when lowered.

Though I do really miss her singing in her lower register like during the 90s. Those are my favorite M vocals.

Would love another Urban album.

Wouldnt mind if she never records "electronica" again.

Triphop yes. "Bedtime Story" and "I Want You" are probably her best songs.

Madonna, call Tricky and MIA.

Would love another Urban album.

Wouldnt mind if she never records "electronica" again.

Triphop yes. "Bedtime Story" and "I Want You" are probably her best songs.

Madonna, call Tricky and MIA.

Trip hop is electronic music because it's created using computers instead of live instruments. I think she should still do electronic music but not necessarily dance/club/house music. There are many different type of electronic music other than traditional club music.

Lola is taking over the Material Girl Instagram account tomorrow and will be posting pictures that depict a "Day in the Life of Lola." Not sure if M will be included in any of the pics but just FYI.

Lola is taking over the Material Girl Instagram account tomorrow and will be posting pictures that depict a "Day in the Life of Lola." Not sure if M will be included in any of the pics but just FYI.

Thanks for the tip LCD.