MDNA Tour EPIX TV Premiere

Camacho

As far as I can see, most of the "Candy Shop" footage is from Olympia..

Miami and Olympia footage aside, now that I watched it a second time, I also noticed footage from Cordóba in "Erotic Candy Shop" - the hair was what gave it away.

I believe the "Erotic Candy Shop" audio was from Olympia, btw.

"Like a Virgin Waltz" and "Love Spent", however, are all Miami footage, apart from the stills.

OMG I JUST SAW CMOODY...during the Speech!!!!!!!

He's also on screen for a second or so towards the end of "Cyber-Raga" :cool:

Is this real? Did they air it here?

I don't know if it was just an advert for the show or not. I'll try to find out for sure if it was shown.

The one thing I didn't love was the shot of the stills during LAV and LS- would be even better if they just focused on what was going on at that moment, dangit!

They should've just had slow motion movement of M onstage.

Guest Rachelle of London

Is this real? Did they air it here?

yup, I saw 2 people of pics from Prospect Park on their FBs...

is this pic from Nick's FB? I wonder if he posts here

Guest Rachelle of London

He's also on screen for a second or so towards the end of "Cyber-Raga" :cool:

In Cyberraga, there's a woman and I swear its San singing along, was San wearing a black top at her shows

Guess I'll have to wait to see the show in its entirety (not interested in clips but I did watch Vogue and GAYLUV. There's too many cutaways). Editing aside, I'm looking forward to it and it's worth the wait. Thanks to everyone trying to get it posted. Torrents don't work for me. I need it on Youtube or something to download. Torrents don't work on Macs I guess

ok guys i did some searching online and for big movie files it's best to use the PLEX player, which funnily enough has almost the exact same logo as EPIX and even kinda sounds the same ;)/> the regular quicktime player is not good enough.. however I still find the video on EPIX itself so better than on any player..

of course because of our Queen 's cool video effects it'll probably never be crystal clear at a lot of places ;)

I've only been able to watch the Youtube/Dailymotion clips but so far the whole thing looks pretty fucking awesome.

The only few issues, the editing in GGW wasn't that great. I thought they could've shown off the stage a bit more, especially the first time the platforms raise because they are just awesome. It was also a bit disappointing not to see more of the backdrop during the breakdown section! The only other issue I had was TUTR and the different costumes. It didn't bother me at all everywhere else but here it just looked a bit odd and messed with the flow. Other than those small issues everything else rocked.

Some thoughts:

I'm so glad she changed her pants for the opening. The patented leather pants worked so much better than the jeans.

The editing in GB was awesome especially the "fight" part.

LAV and LS in B&W were awesome. I know a few people didn't like the "slideshow" but she looked incredible and the photos looked like they were from the 30's. Loved all the people throwing money at her while she was half naked. (I think I've watched these clips the most!)

Loved the audience participation in LAP. (And in general! I recognised a few faces from the forums over the years! Particularly Kat!! Maybe San!?)

The performances for I'm Addicted and I'm a Sinner made me like the songs a lot more!

Celebration was a great ending.

Overall I think it's probably her best tour film! The colours were so good! The sound was great. The energy was high! Can't wait to watch in HD!!

This was probably brought up and answered before somewhere, but in the interlude before Turn Up the Radio where they play a mini Madonna mix why did they cut out 4 Minutes and Ray of Light do you think?

Guest SecretGarden

I'm pretty disappointed with the broadcast, don't get me wrong the (high quality) fan videos of the MDNA tour really wowed me, just on those alone I thought the tour was her best since the Drowned World tour.

However the broadcast really annoyed me, horrible editing - some of the worst I've seen, too many random black and white shots, way too many fan shots. I do understand that they were trying to present it more as a film than a "rock concert" but it just didn't work. Both the S&S tour and the Confessions tour, albeit using very different styles, both looked amazing on their respective DVDs.

I do think they done well in regards to the audio, sounded really solid, but overall watching the tour gave me a slight headache, too many quick shots - I failed to find a shot which lasted more than 2 or 3 seconds. Sometimes I couldn't tell what was going on, this is never a problem when I watch her other tours.

There is one guy on YouTube who uploaded some amazing fan videos of the tour (I think his videos have been posted in this thread) and in my honest opinion his videos totally trump the EPIX broadcast.

Edited by SecretGarden

There is one guy on YouTube who uploaded some amazing fan videos of the tour (I think his videos have been posted in this thread) and in my honest opinion his videos totally trump the EPIX broadcast.

Can you point me to those links? I would like to watch those! Especially for GGW and Vogue :)

Then go watch those and stfu.

acd5k8.jpg

Guest SecretGarden

Then go watch those and stfu.

acd5k8.jpg

LOL! this is the first time I give my opinion on it, I was fair with my criticism.

Edited by SecretGarden