MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

Guest Not4Pussies

drama in the MDNA camp! some tour members are upset that they never got an invite! eek

who? spill it!!!!

There's just one thing I don't understand - we didn't see any special cameras at any venue, besides in Paris, Miami and Buenos Aires, so how can they include shots from apparently dozen of cities? I mean, LAP supposedly has shots from 50 different cities, how's that possible? Did they use the footage which was shown on the side screens during each show?

Loved the Q and A clip. She is so awesome. Loved how she mentioned all the things that were happening around the world during this tour. All the more reason why I WISH there was a full on doc to go with this tour. Would have loved to have seen all the behind the scenes conversations and reactions. While Madonna was making history with this tour, it seemed like major human history was happening good or bad every step of the way wherever she went.

There's just one thing I don't understand - we didn't see any special cameras at any venue, besides in Paris, Miami and Buenos Aires, so how can they include shots from apparently dozen of cities? I mean, LAP supposedly has shots from 50 different cities, how's that possible? Did they use the footage which was shown on the side screens during each show?

During the credits, those 3 places are the only ones mentioned. Maybe Like A Prayer is an exception...

there could very well be NO new song too

she seems very relaxed and chill....loved that guy in her express yourself outfit!....i'm so glad she doesnt kiss her fans asses!!! doesnt come off as phoney fake.

there could very well be NO new song too

she seems very relaxed and chill....loved that guy in her express yourself outfit!....i'm so glad she doesnt kiss her fans asses!!! doesnt come off as phoney fake.

article-2189817-1495F21C000005DC-229_634x402.jpg

Do you L-U-V Madonna's makeup for the premiere? Do Y-O-U wanna replicate it?

Here's what M's makeup artist, Sammy Mourabit, used to get the look:

To achieve Madonna’s flawless complexion, Sammy first hydrated her face with Votre Vu's Attentive Crème de Jour for Sensitive Skin without forgetting the neck with Portrait Collar Restorative Neck Crème. He then dabbed Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne under her eyes and also on the darker areas of her skin, to even out her skin tone.

One of the tricks he used was mixing the Love Me Deux Nourishing Moisture Tint in Champagne with the Attentive to achieve a dewy look. Next, he accentuated her cheekbones by contouring them with Votre Vu’s Beaute en Bronze Tantalizing Bronzer Duo.

To create a '30s eyebrow, he first groomed the brows with a brush, and then applied the Arch de Triumphe Daily Brow Definer in Warm inside the natural eyebrow line. The thinner line captures that 30’s look. To cover the excess natural hair, he dabbed some Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux Concealer in Champagne, giving the illusion of a clean groomed eye without the need for over-plucking.

For the lips, Sammy first contoured them in a heart shape reminiscent of the '30s style with the Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked (coming out in September). He followed by mixing two shades of the French Kiss Moisture Riche Lipstick (coming out in September) for a luminous and voluptuous effect. He applied the darker tone, Margaux, to the outer lines of the lip and the lighter tone, Annette, to the inner lip.

On the lashes, he used Eiffel Power Mascara only in the center of the eyelashes. To intensify the 30s look, he added some false lashes to the outer corner of the eye.

The last touch was the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose on her cheeks and a little bit of the Belle Poudre HD Sheer Face Finish in Light.

Source: This blog post, which just popped up in my Zite feed.

is that a new makeup artist (cuz she does seem more contoured than usual actually, i see a light tan in the make up too.. more highlighter on the nose bone, chin, cheeks- that kardashian highlighter effect.. i dont think she had many of those looks yet. mostly it's just her porcelain face & no other color aside from the eyes & lips) or has sammy been around for a while with her? never heard his name before.

Guest Not4Pussies

well whoever he is he needs to be hired for everything!

oh i googled him and he did her makeup for mdna tour, secretproject, truth or dare perfume event, the oscar party 2013, 2012 rock center interview, ellen 2012.

every single one of those events her face has looked amazing. no wonder she looked so good on tour. sorry angela brooks, youre fired!

I checked the Daily Fail comments and the best / highest rated were all really positive about M. The worst rated / least popular were the lowest rated. Great to see people standing up for her!

And the interview was great. She's on great form.

Were Dolce and Gabbana there given they were hosting it and given today's news?

actually i think she looks more "made up" now than usual.. like I can see the powder whereas before it seemed more smooth.. other than that perfect though ;) but yeah it's good that she tries some new make up artists and switches it up

LOOOOOL am i wrong or Marlene actually has a hydrangea on her jacket? M put a white rose :dead:

i was writing the same when i posted the pictures...!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Guest Rachelle of London

Nikki and NFP.... one of the wardrobe guys has written on FB "You'd think that if you worked on a tour you would have received an invite to the premiere on video, no? That's correct. NO." he's even commented on the dancer Vibez FB asking "where was his invite" then went on a rant about how he didnt even know about the premiere, then someone else added "I didn't know either, why werent the crew invited?" eek

It's funny that Madonna gets such criticism when it comes to her "homages"... yet when the men do it, like Michael, Prince, George Michael, Justin Timberlake, etc... nobody really says a thing.

Those men, particularly Michael and Prince, built their imagery and style on the backs of James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Jimi Hendrix, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Cab Calloway, The Nicholas Brothers, etc.... I could go on....

But nobody in the public ever bitches about that.

I checked the Daily Fail comments and the best / highest rated were all really positive about M. The worst rated / least popular were the lowest rated. Great to see people standing up for her!

And the interview was great. She's on great form.

Were Dolce and Gabbana there given they were hosting it and given today's news?

no...they have some others commitment in italy.. :chuckle: