Your Unpopular Madonna Opinions

Guest Lum

It came out when I was like 4 years old, I remember heating it on the radio in the 90s all the time!

I don't remember when I got STR on my iTunes but I decided to listen to it last year and that came on and I got the shock of my life! I just thought it was some randoms 90/ ballad hahahahaha

It happened to my mom. She loves that song and when she found out it was our ol' M she was shocked.

Another one:

I hate the ABBA sample on Hung Up. It's just so annoying. I loved the MDNA version and when I heard the sample in the middle I was like 'boo!'.

And I hate Sorry too, it's just so unfunny, cheesy sounding and outdated.

- I absolutley loath Spanish lesson. her worst song

- The funny song in DWT was boring and a filler, she should have substitute it

- substitute my love is one of my favs

- ROL is my most favorite album

- I hate True Blue

- American Life album was superb, better than Music

- Easy Ride should be an Interlude on the next tour

- Hung Up is one of the best dance songs along Vogue and LAP

- I hate LIV during The Girly Tour, but I love it on BAT and Confessions

- She should sing Dont tell me agan on tour

- She should become brunette again

• Except for Paraside and Don't Tell Me, I hate,hate,hate Music era, plus hate to the Music (song).

• Madonna is all about 89-94 for me. What came before is null,the aftermath is bonus

• I love American Life (song) and don't get the hate over it. Actually I didn't know this hating until I started to acess MN.

• As a downtempo/trip-hop/etc lover I don't consider RoL an outstanding album. Good,just it.

• Hard Candy is a great album

• I can't digest WTG and almost puked when I saw that videopromo of Rescue Me.

• Rescue Me is for me the essential Madonna's song of all time. Over the top.

• Except for Paraside and Don't Tell Me, I hate,hate,hate Music era, plus hate to the Music (song).

• Madonna is all about 89-94 for me. What came before is null

disappointed-face-gif-816.gif

Guest Not4Pussies

disappointed-face-gif-816.gif

Hahahahaha OMG this thread has become so hilarious. I am busting out laughing here in tears and skin your oprah sig did it for me omg haha

1) Hey You is a beautiful song

2) I don't like Like a Virgin... or Material Girl

3) Erotica is overrated

4) The GGW video is not a good video... it's a perfume ad.

Edited by Icykiller

-She should have recorded the song with Michel as he wanted it

-The Sex book was a mistake

-He´s been having surgery since at least 1994

-We are lucky because we have some of her shows released as dvd

-BAT´s music band sounds cheap

I can tell you this.....when JML hit, it seemed fresh and different. Erotica may be a great song, but at the time of it's release it didn't quite have that fresh, novel feeling that JML had upon it's release.

I like to hear Madonna sing not speak on her albums. For me Madonna is in her peak voice on LAP.

And here is another one to make your blood boil....lol......I think the Girlie Show is hugely overrated amongst fans.

Are we the same person? I agree with you and I thought I was the only person that thought these things. I didn't like Erotica the song too much for the reason you said. After JML and Rescue Me, it seemed she was getting too much into the speaking thing. I wanted to hear her sing, not speak. The Girlie show was the first Madonna show I ever saw live and I was a little disappointed, but she's more than made up for it with her tours since then.

Um..no? Always had? The cheek saga began in 2008. Since then she's looked like her original self maybe a handful of times. The cheeks are awful and the worst thing she's ever done as far as her appearance, but at least they seem to be temporary and relatively non-invasive.

Oh and as for unpopular opinions..

-I think MDNA is her worst album. Tied with Bedtime Stories for worst, perhaps. It's just no good, there are maybe 2 really good songs and even those I barely listen to.

-The MDNA Tour was good but most of the costumes sucked.

-She's become too franchisey. The perfume, the clothing line, the gyms..

-I don't understand all the love for her ROL era look.

-Can't Stop is AMAZING!

-I think that pretty much any collaboration she's done post 2000 has been regrettable and has tarnished her image, especially MATM and GMAYL. Collaborations with younger popstars practically come with the territory now, her last 2 albums were full of them, and to me that's the most blatant thing she's done to try and seem younger or inject some youthfulness into the public's perception of her. She can wear all the revealing outfits and date all the 20 something guys she likes; to me that's just Madonna being Madonna. But the collabs are totally desperate and there hasn't been a good one yet. And yes I know 4 Minutes was a big hit, who the hell cares, it was shit.

-I wish she would stop trying to call attention to these obscure acts like Gogol Bordello and the Kalakan trio. It's annoying. I was at the MSG show on the MDNA tour and she talked at length about them and how they were from the Basque region, then filled us in on the meaning of smashing apples, and the audience sat there completely blank faced. No one cares about that gypsy shit.

-This one is sort of a combination of the above, but I just think in general there's too much going on around her thesedays. Too many distractions. Perfume, clothing lines, gypsy people, collaborators, gyms, movies, etc etc. Why can't she just put something out there that's all her? The next era needs to be all Madonna. Twelve or so tracks of her voice and no one else's. No collabs, no big name producers or rappers, no movie happening on the side that detracts from the album promo (I'm looking at you, W.E.)

But a lot of these opinions about not liking her recent direction, MDNA, the collaborations, the perfume lines, gyms etc. are hardly unpopular. They seem to be what the majority of fans post all the time.

I don't want her to tone it down for the next album. I don't need another Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember snoozefest.

Madonna Gone Wild. Always.

Agreed! Most fans do seem to want her to go softer and more ballady, but I don't agree. To me those eras when she did that were my least favorite. There was something un-Madonna about them. I like seeing her youthful spirit and her being in your face. That's what makes her special and unique. If she did too many ballads, she would be like other boring older artists.

The only unpopular opinions I can think of:

True Blue as an album is flawless from beginning to end.

I don't believe Madonna has had any serious cosmetic procedures done.

I never heard Madonna's British accent.

-I think MDNA is her worst album. Tied with Bedtime Stories for worst, perhaps. It's just no good, there are maybe 2 really good songs and even those I barely listen to.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7614-1370026917-25.gif

Agreed! Most fans do seem to want her to go softer and more ballady, but I don't agree. To me those eras when she did that were my least favorite. There was something un-Madonna about them. I like seeing her youthful spirit and her being in your face. That's what makes her special and unique. If she did too many ballads, she would be like other boring older artists.

It scares the shit out of me every time she gets way too close to Celine Dion at award shows because I don't want her to pretend she's some adult contemporary artist. I still wonder if she also wanted to please her dad for once when she went all AC in the mid-90's, since he only likes Celine and the likes. :lmao:

Oh, and that gif. That pussy is HOT. :lol:

More unpopular opinions from me

Hard Candy > COADF

Erotica (album) > LAP (album)

Sticky Tour > Confessions Tour

M-Dolla > Veronica Electronica

love song is one of the most beautiful non-single madonna's track...great, underrated gem!!!!I'mBreathless is an album!!!! i love to Death I'm Going Bananas!!!! I'd rather be your lover should have been a single and is a gorgeous track....!!!! Rain is overrated!!!!!!! impressive instant is a great song, but please...no single-worhty...!!!! my enter button doesn't work in this forum anymore......!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh.....and DICK Tracy is a masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love love love love Push

Live To Tell is overrated

I consider I'm Breathless a studio album (not a soundtrack)

For the most part, she has bad taste in men.