Your Unpopular Madonna Opinions

Guest Lum

- Blond Ambition Tour is overrated! Part of it is perfect but the rest is shit! (starts great, but than Causing A Commotion/Where's The Party segment ruins it...then it's perfect again, but Material Girl/Cherish/Into The Groove are soo crap! that Cherish performance alone is the reason why i'd never show this tour to anyone that i like)

- Madonna with cheeks isn't that weird...it's what she always had until her facelift in 2005...that's when she didn't look like herself. She is looking more like the Madonna i love since 2009.

- Hard Candy is underrated.

- I like her more recent albums...and the 80's is the Madonna decade i like the least. 90>>>00's>>80's

- Re-Invention Tour is the last tour she did where music came first and The Confessions Tour is her last real concert tour...you know before she decided to turn into a circus act and the visuals, dancers etc started to be a priority before her voice, guitar play...everything CONCERT related. It's more about the show then the music right now :-\ (MDNA is still her best SHOW for me...tied with Confessions. RIT is her best CONCERT)

BITCH PLEASE..E is nothing like JML.

and LAP is dull compared to Erotica which is REAL.

I can tell you this.....when JML hit, it seemed fresh and different. Erotica may be a great song, but at the time of it's release it didn't quite have that fresh, novel feeling that JML had upon it's release.

I like to hear Madonna sing not speak on her albums. For me Madonna is in her peak voice on LAP.

And here is another one to make your blood boil....lol......I think the Girlie Show is hugely overrated amongst fans.

-Love Spent is far too overrated.

-Hollywood is one of her worst songs.

-"Don't Stop" is one of the best songs from BS.

-MDNA is underrated.

-DWT was a total borefest.

-I like GMAYL.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I will say something now I would never have admitted at that time. DWT was the first time I saw Madonna live so leaving the show, I was ecstatic that I just saw the woman I idolized for 10+ years and I did (and do) think the show was fantastic! As much as I loved it though, I couldn't help have the feeling that I wish I had seen her before the 8 year break in touring. There was just SOMETHING missing that kept it from feeling like the ULTIMATE Madonna experience. She has more than made up for it since though! :) With each tour since she has become more and more like the "old Madonna" I used to be enthralled by when watching those old VHS's of her shows. MDNA so far has been the pinnacle of that for me!

I love that she does La Isla Bonita on so many tours and I hope she continues to do it, no matter how much you all complain about it, becuase it's the best fucking song of all time.

I love that she does La Isla Bonita on so many tours and I hope she continues to do it, no matter how much you all complain about it, becuase it's the best fucking song of all time.

It it no excuse to skip Whos That Girl every fucking time.

I dont really care for LAV on the MDNA tour.

I loved what she did with HU during the MDNA tour

All her boyfriends seem so shit to me, yes Brahim too.

I actually thought she looked cute at the opening of the HC gym in Mexico City :stir:

Her long winded speeches about equality, freedom, yackity yack and blah blah. Yes it's a good message but it fucking bores me

MIA's contributions to MDNA were shitty

I like Hard Candy more than Ray of Light

Confessions is her best album/tour to date.

there are more so i'll be back :laugh:

- Madonna with cheeks isn't that weird...it's what she always had until her facelift in 2005...that's when she didn't look like herself. She is looking more like the Madonna i love since 2009.

Um..no? Always had? The cheek saga began in 2008. Since then she's looked like her original self maybe a handful of times. The cheeks are awful and the worst thing she's ever done as far as her appearance, but at least they seem to be temporary and relatively non-invasive.

Oh and as for unpopular opinions..

-I think MDNA is her worst album. Tied with Bedtime Stories for worst, perhaps. It's just no good, there are maybe 2 really good songs and even those I barely listen to.

-The MDNA Tour was good but most of the costumes sucked.

-She's become too franchisey. The perfume, the clothing line, the gyms..

-I don't understand all the love for her ROL era look.

-Can't Stop is AMAZING!

-I think that pretty much any collaboration she's done post 2000 has been regrettable and has tarnished her image, especially MATM and GMAYL. Collaborations with younger popstars practically come with the territory now, her last 2 albums were full of them, and to me that's the most blatant thing she's done to try and seem younger or inject some youthfulness into the public's perception of her. She can wear all the revealing outfits and date all the 20 something guys she likes; to me that's just Madonna being Madonna. But the collabs are totally desperate and there hasn't been a good one yet. And yes I know 4 Minutes was a big hit, who the hell cares, it was shit.

-I wish she would stop trying to call attention to these obscure acts like Gogol Bordello and the Kalakan trio. It's annoying. I was at the MSG show on the MDNA tour and she talked at length about them and how they were from the Basque region, then filled us in on the meaning of smashing apples, and the audience sat there completely blank faced. No one cares about that gypsy shit.

-This one is sort of a combination of the above, but I just think in general there's too much going on around her thesedays. Too many distractions. Perfume, clothing lines, gypsy people, collaborators, gyms, movies, etc etc. Why can't she just put something out there that's all her? The next era needs to be all Madonna. Twelve or so tracks of her voice and no one else's. No collabs, no big name producers or rappers, no movie happening on the side that detracts from the album promo (I'm looking at you, W.E.)

Guest Rachelle of London

Um..no? Always had? The cheek saga began in 2008. Since then she's looked like her original self maybe a handful of times. The cheeks are awful and the worst thing she's ever done as far as her appearance, but at least they seem to be temporary and relatively non-invasive.

Oh and as for unpopular opinions..

-I think MDNA is her worst album. Tied with Bedtime Stories for worst, perhaps. It's just no good, there are maybe 2 really good songs and even those I barely listen to.

-The MDNA Tour was good but most of the costumes sucked.

-She's become too franchisey. The perfume, the clothing line, the gyms..

-I don't understand all the love for her ROL era look.

-Can't Stop is AMAZING!

-I think that pretty much any collaboration she's done post 2000 has been regrettable and has tarnished her image, especially MATM and GMAYL. Collaborations with younger popstars practically come with the territory now, her last 2 albums were full of them, and to me that's the most blatant thing she's done to try and seem younger or inject some youthfulness into the public's perception of her. She can wear all the revealing outfits and date all the 20 something guys she likes; to me that's just Madonna being Madonna. But the collabs are totally desperate and there hasn't been a good one yet. And yes I know 4 Minutes was a big hit, who the hell cares, it was shit.

-I wish she would stop trying to call attention to these obscure acts like Gogol Bordello and the Kalakan trio. It's annoying. I was at the MSG show on the MDNA tour and she talked at length about them and how they were from the Basque region, then filled us in on the meaning of smashing apples, and the audience sat there completely blank faced. No one cares about that gypsy shit.

-This one is sort of a combination of the above, but I just think in general there's too much going on around her thesedays. Too many distractions. Perfume, clothing lines, gypsy people, collaborators, gyms, movies, etc etc. Why can't she just put something out there that's all her? The next era needs to be all Madonna. Twelve or so tracks of her voice and no one else's. No collabs, no big name producers or rappers, no movie happening on the side that detracts from the album promo (I'm looking at you, W.E.)

She was explaining the meaning of the song "Sagarra Jo"

I can't read this thread. It's getting on my nerves. :mellow:

LOL. Seen the exact same threads on other Madonna sites. They start off great and interesting and soon become horrible to read as they become more and more critical. I mean reading a post on this page that just says "Madonna is so over-rated" is like WTF. I have also noticed that usually there is another thread to follow which goes along the lines of "what are the things you hate about Madonna".

LOL. Seen the exact same threads on other Madonna sites. They start off great and interesting and soon become horrible to read as they become more and more critical. I mean reading a post on this page that just says "Madonna is so over-rated" is like WTF. I have also noticed that usually there is another thread to follow which goes along the lines of "what are the things you hate about Madonna".

he one about her voice bugged me. since when was that an unpopular opinion? lol and I totally agree. the beginning of the thread was great, seeing all of our contrasting opinions.

Madonna is a brilliant guitar player ( up there with Hendrix) and should not put the instrument away..............kidding:)

Woman needs to start playing a musical instrument which is more becoming of her, such as the triangle or better yet would love to see her breakout the tambourine again like in the virgin tour, classic!

I think she should go to Mongolia and kidnap another kid. In fact, I want Mongolia to be the new Malawi. Because... why the fuck not? :lmao:

I don't want her to tone it down for the next album. I don't need another Bedtime Stories/Something To Remember snoozefest.

Madonna Gone Wild. Always.

I didn't know madonna sang You'll See until last year!

I love the fringe and the glasses on sticky and sweet, way cute.

It came out when I was like 4 years old, I remember heating it on the radio in the 90s all the time!

I don't remember when I got STR on my iTunes but I decided to listen to it last year and that came on and I got the shock of my life! I just thought it was some randoms 90/ ballad hahahahaha

I'm indifferent to 80's period Madonna. I hate Madonna as an actress. I hate her fixation with Latino and Spanish culture including her preference for the men.