Memo to MDNA: please don't work with Daft Punk on next album!

Apples388

HP is NOT Jazz. :lmao: There are also dance remixes of LAV and even LAP. She even remixed LAP with a dance edge on her own tour. Her music is NOT one dimensional so it has many influences but it's core is DANCE.

:lmao:

arent there dance remixes for the most obscure artists? having your song remixed doesnt make you a dance artist.

Why is so hard is reggea.

Its obvious shes ANYTHING but dance. Shes no freaking Cascada which is a dance artist.

It's reggae flavoured. It's not a straight reggae track. Cascada is not the only dance artist and she certainly isn't the only type of dance artist. I don't know where you're from but maybe you need to open the door to the big wide world.

arent there dance remixes for the most obscure artists? having your song remixed doesnt make you a dance artist.

Yes, people have dance remixes of their song but nowhere near as often as Madonna. She has more official dance remixes of her tracks than any artist I can think of that isn't a DJ or solo producer. Madonna has club appeal, street appeal, chart appeal and even somewhat radio appeal still. She's very unique in that way. She's worked with dance artists, choreographers, DJs and producers since the beginning. She's performed at dance festivals, won tons of dance related awards and her entire tours are developed around the dance element of her music. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Madonna's 1st record deal was for 3 12" singles, that means bitch was sent 2 the clubs.

Who cares if she played in bands, she also did high school theatre, does that mean she's an actress? :chuckle:

When people say she's a dance artist it means she comes from the club. She's known for danceable pop,

with a good groove...weather that's rooted in house, techno, rNb or fucking disco...who cares, u can dance 2 it.

4 INSPIRATION.

oh & :rotfl: at Rolling Stone 4 putting EDM on their cover. :lmao: I can't think of a term in music more ridiculous.

Madonna is a pop music artist. Even her most overall dance style albums have other elements, Madonna, Confessions and Hard Candy. I think she has covered every genre in her music which makes her a pop artist.

Madonna is a pop music artist. Even her most overall dance style albums have other elements, Madonna, Confessions and Hard Candy. I think she has covered every genre in her music which makes her a pop artist.

So would you as that Britney, Michael Jackson and Rihanna aren't pop stars because they haven't covered many genres? :dead: The logic is ASTOUNDING in this thread. I mean Madonna has only scratched the surface of musical genre.

EDM is a silly term used by straight guys so no one can confuse them for being gay since they listen to dance music.

I completely disagree with the title of this topic. In fact, Madonna should have done either Hard Candy or MDNA with Daft Punk..... In all honesty it would have been Confessions part 2 not HC part 2.

But I would welcome it in a heart beat.

I completely disagree with the title of this topic. In fact, Madonna should have done either Hard Candy or MDNA with Daft Punk..... In all honesty it would have been Confessions part 2 not HC part 2. But I would welcome it in a heart beat.
I'd love to see her go further into electronic music, and people get it straight electronic does not = dance!!

ALTERNATIVE! How about Emile Haynie...Now that would be an interesting collaboration!

She needs to work with Diplo as well...I don't care what he said about her...SHE FUCKING NEEDS TO WORK WITH HIM!

I completely disagree with the title of this topic. In fact, Madonna should have done either Hard Candy or MDNA with Daft Punk..... In all honesty it would have been Confessions part 2 not HC part 2.

But I would welcome it in a heart beat.

Those 2 albums were perfect the way they are. There's only 1 confessions, and I think it would unnecessary to make another.

I was disappointed in RAM. I only listened to it once though. I'm sure it's one of those albums that needs repeated listening to sink in, so I'm not completely done with it. I've been listening to Hot Chip's last album on repeat all week and it reminded me of Daft Punk, so when I heard RAM it didn't click with me. I liked elements of it though and can totally see M doing this. She would bring something great to it.

I consider Madonna to be a dance artist because dance music has always been part of her sound. Yes, she has done ballads and some non-danceable songs, but in Madonna's heart, she is pure dance. I'm sure she would say so as well. :)

Regarding what sound should do on the next album, I think she should either go completely experimental with EDM (I apologize for that term LOL) or do something else. I don't want generic dance like Celebration or GGW. Either do something like Impressive Instant and I'm Addicted or move on.

Move on to what, you say? I say dance music with live instruments. Like Daft Punk's RAM or LCD soundsystem. The lack of real instruments has bothered me with the last few albums. It makes the production sound cheap. She's Madonna. She's better than that!

Oh! Forgot to mention something. I don't like the William Orbit bashing on this thread. Some of you think his work is tired and rehashed, but for me it was a breath of fresh air on MDNA. His tracks were the best, in my opinion. Besides Beautiful Killer, Martin Solevig did not deliver!

I'd love to see her go further into electronic music, and people get it straight electronic does not = dance!!
I'm all for the downtempotronica!!!

yes and yes!!! :thumbsup:

I just want her to do something new and sort of out there. Who cares if it's not gonna be big with the "kids"? I love her dance and electronic music but I think it's time for something else. MDNA is fabulous but if the next album is in the same vein then I will be very disappointed. And no hip-hop or R&B either. Something new!!

I was disappointed in RAM. I only listened to it once though. I'm sure it's one of those albums that needs repeated listening to sink in, so I'm not completely done with it. I've been listening to Hot Chip's last album on repeat all week and it reminded me of Daft Punk, so when I heard RAM it didn't click with me. I liked elements of it though and can totally see M doing this. She would bring something great to it.

I consider Madonna to be a dance artist because dance music has always been part of her sound. Yes, she has done ballads and some non-danceable songs, but in Madonna's heart, she is pure dance. I'm sure she would say so as well. :)

Regarding what sound should do on the next album, I think she should either go completely experimental with EDM (I apologize for that term LOL) or do something else. I don't want generic dance like Celebration or GGW. Either do something like Impressive Instant and I'm Addicted or move on.

Move on to what, you say? I say dance music with live instruments. Like Daft Punk's RAM or LCD soundsystem. The lack of real instruments has bothered me with the last few albums. It makes the production sound cheap. She's Madonna. She's better than that!

Oh! Forgot to mention something. I don't like the William Orbit bashing on this thread. Some of you think his work is tired and rehashed, but for me it was a breath of fresh air on MDNA. His tracks were the best, in my opinion. Besides Beautiful Killer, Martin Solevig did not deliver!

Best post until now!

As we all know is useless to wish for a particular sound for the next album, she will do what she feels like doing. But if it was up to me I would like to hear songs like LAV/LS from MDNA Tour. AND THAT VOICE! Her original voice is so damn beautiful, she has to use it!

Exactly!

I would love to see her mess with an updated to 2013/2014 electronic/caberet style sound of Goldfrapp's Satin Chic. Infuse a few synths into MDNA LIke A Virgin and you already have how a ballad on said album would sound like. Produced between her, Gesaffelstein, and someone with a background in cabaret style music. Written with Joe Henry. I would enjoy that.

I still want the big Madonna rock album, like many I have had enough with the club tracks, they aren't working anymore as the genre is stale. I know a Madonna rock album won't be successful and will piss people off, but I want it dammit!

Madonna's 1st record deal was for 3 12" singles, that means bitch was sent 2 the clubs.

Who cares if she played in bands, she also did high school theatre, does that mean she's an actress? :chuckle:

EDM is a silly term used by straight guys so no one can confuse them for being gay since they listen to dance music.

:yes::chuckle:

Guest Not4Pussies

Isn't that what we all say every year that she's gonna come hard this time and she always end up doing whatever she wants. For MDNA we had.some great moments with GB,IA,LS but then she returned with GMAYL, Sstar,BdaySong.