Memo to MDNA: please don't work with Daft Punk on next album!

Apples388

Guest bluejean

Yes OYH, PDP, Burning Up and Gambler are more rock. Listen to the vocals.

No they are not. Especially not OYH

Guest bluejean

I agree. Hot Chip doesn't get the recognition they deserve. :(

Really? I thought they were pretty popular? Their Made in the dark album was great, not so keen on the music they've done since.

I think of the MDNA tracks 'Gang Bang' and 'I'm Addicted' would be a good starting point stylistically for the next album. We want dark, edgy, cutting edge music.

White Noise is quite modern and futuristic imo. I don't think we would have heard that sound back in the day. If Madonna had her hands on that track it would have been even bigger.

I don't know. I really like "White Noise", but everytime I hear it, I get "S-Express - Hey Music Lover" vibe.

Why do you care? Do you think that every artist should promote their music to make people care?

Um, yes. That's a weird question to ask. Maybe you think I'm talking about us, the fans. I'm not. I'm talking about the general public. We will buy the new album on day 1 regardless of the first single.

Regarding Madonna, the general public has been unaware of anything beyond the first single for the past 10 years! Promotion is very important, especially after the first single. I'm speaking from an American prespective. She hasn't promoted an album here since American Life.

She doesn't want to. Trust me, I use to be all about the big promo, best to just leave the charts and exposure behind and just enjoy the music. It's always been about the music, hasn't it?

I would love for her to venture into funk/disco! "She's Not Me" is exactly the type of direction I'd like to see her go in.That song features some funky guitar by Wendy Melvoin (from Prince's old band The Revolution).I also love the funky bassline on "Dance 2Night".I want more of that! Would be cool to see Madonna explore a retro-funk/disco direction,like Jamiroquai does.Get some funky bandmembers and create a sizzling album with them!

I love SNM and D2N! Just fun pop songs that weren't over produced. I'd love more of this.

My concern with having too much Gang Bang style production is that the album could sound over produced and dark.

So much of her recent output has suffered from the production taking over the song. I want her to ease off that pedal and let the song speak for itself.

Promotion doesn't work to boost sales, promotion works to promote the artist. Like that Jennifer Lopez, her performance days ago on tv was to promote herself, no that song.

Um, yes. That's a weird question to ask. Maybe you think I'm talking about us, the fans. I'm not. I'm talking about the general public. We will buy the new album on day 1 regardless of the first single.

Regarding Madonna, the general public has been unaware of anything beyond the first single for the past 10 years! Promotion is very important, especially after the first single. I'm speaking from an American prespective. She hasn't promoted an album here since American Life.

There's a reason she doesn't go on these shit shows. It's pointless. Rihanna appears on shows with EVERY single launch because those are her assets. Madonna's assets are her touring, album sales and catalogue sales. If she spent time doing performances on shows she might make a few fans happy but she wouldn't have the amazing tours and DEPTH AND BREADTH of career she has had.

There's a reason she doesn't go on these shit shows. It's pointless. Rihanna appears on shows with EVERY single launch because those are her assets. Madonna's assets are her touring, album sales and catalogue sales. If she spent time doing performances on shows she might make a few fans happy but she wouldn't have the amazing tours and DEPTH AND BREADTH of career she has had.

But she did all of that during Confessions and the tour is one of the best tours.

It REALLY isn't. Unless you are a Kylie fan. :lol:

No, I'm not. I think only the first section can "relate" to Kylie. But you cannnot think Kylie would be able to do ANY performance of this show. Especially the second, third and fourth sections.

Her take on the ABBA thing and disco were very Kylie. It just lacks the classic WTF IS SHE DOING THIS? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? factor from most of her tours. I know it sounds like some Gorgon shit, but it was just too conventional and predictable.

And I think the outfits were very cheap looking. Sorry but she looked like grandma doing the dance moves on Music.

There's a reason why that's the one tour I never showed to my friends. :lmao:

But she did all of that during Confessions and the tour is one of the best tours.

She did promo but not for her singles so much. More for the tour.

Her take on the ABBA thing and disco were very Kylie. It just lacks the classic WTF IS SHE DOING THIS? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? factor from most of her tours. I know it sounds like some Gorgon shit, but it was just too conventional and predictable.

And I think the outfits were very cheap looking. Sorry but she looked like grandma doing the dance moves on Music.

There's a reason why that's the one tour I never showed to my friends. :lmao:

You are a crazy bitch.

She did promo but not for her singles so much. More for the tour.

She performed Hung Up twice on awards shows and even went to that French show to sing Get Together..

Yes she did

Show me the promo for Jump and Sorry. She performed the singles of course but did you ever see her holding a single and saying 'OUT MONDAY, GO AND BUY IT!'? No, you didn't because at that point she'd already realised that it's a waste of time focusing on record sales and if the record company was encouraging her to promote she would make sure she promoted the tour. Fact.

Show me the promo for Jump and Sorry. She performed the singles of course but did you ever see her holding a single and saying 'OUT MONDAY, GO AND BUY IT!'? No, you didn't because at that point she'd already realised that it's a waste of time focusing on record sales and if the record company was encouraging her to promote she would make sure she promoted the tour. Fact.

This is complete rubbish. Madonna went out of her way to promote the Confessions on a Dance Floor album. She even went on cheesy Japanese television shows to promote it. She did Children in Need for goodness' sake. And it was absolutely great; the album opened big thanks to "Hung Up" but her promo performances made sure the record had some legs too. She promoted the hell out of that album; and in addition to the television performances, TV & press interviews, she also went on tour. She did all the right things any artist would do to promote their record and it worked - the album was a spectacular success and of course so was the tour.

So take your "fact" and shove it because it's complete nonsense.

Guest Not4Pussies

She played Coachella weeks before kicking off her tour. She went to Japan to promote the album. Something she hadn't done since ROL

This is complete rubbish. Madonna went out of her way to promote the Confessions on a Dance Floor album. She even went on cheesy Japanese television shows to promote it. She did Children in Need for goodness' sake. And it was absolutely great; the album opened big thanks to "Hung Up" but her promo performances made sure the record had some legs too. She promoted the hell out of that album; and in addition to the television performances, TV & press interviews, she also went on tour. She did all the right things any artist would do to promote their record and it worked - the album was a spectacular success and of course so was the tour.

So take your "fact" and shove it because it's complete nonsense.

She was living in London and performed on a charitable show. Big deal.

She toured in Japan so I don't see your point there. The Confessions tour grossed about £120,000,000. She was still with Warner at the time. Warner, a record company who make money from selling records and want to encourage her to do so. That's the same reason you got promotions purely for the album and singles. The Sticky and sweet tour grossed around £250,000,000 and clearly Madonnas personal interest laid there.

The proof is in the promotion of MDNA. If the promotion wasn't about the album then it was cross promoting with another Madonna product, charity or merchandise. Her record deal now clearly expects less in that way. It's not expecting multi platinum worldwide sales. Why this is even denied I can't understand. She's not Rihanna going on X factor with each new single. She was reluctant to promote and only did it for the sake of pleasing Warner. She doesn't have to anymore and good on her. I'd rather not see her looking bored and reluctant doing pointless promo on unmemorable tv shows.

She was living in London and performed on a charitable show. Big deal.

Actually, yes, it was a big deal. She did lots of TV interviews, she did Parkinson, she did Children in Need. She did Star Academy in France. And on top of all that she did not one but two promo mini shows in the UK - Koko and G-A-Y for fuck's sake. If that is not promoting your arse off to make sure an album sells, then what is? And all of that had NOTHING to do with the tour yet. She was promoting the album - full stop.

The proof is in the promotion of MDNA. If the promotion wasn't about the album then it was cross promoting with another Madonna product, charity or merchandise. Her record deal now clearly expects less in that way. It's not expecting multi platinum worldwide sales. Why this is even denied I can't understand. She's not Rihanna going on X factor with each new single. She was reluctant to promote and only did it for the sake of pleasing Warner. She doesn't have to anymore and good on her. I'd rather not see her looking bored and reluctant doing pointless promo on unmemorable tv shows.

That is complete and utter rubbish. I won't even bother discussing this with you because clearly you have no modicum of sense whatsoever.

Oh and the promo tour contained performances of Ray of light, Let it will be and I love New York. One a remix, another an album track and the third one from an album released seven years earlier. Clearly her main focus wasn't the record. :chuckle:

Oh and the promo tour contained performances of Ray of light, Let it will be and I love New York. One a remix, another an album track and the third one from an album released seven years earlier. Clearly her main focus wasn't the record. :chuckle:

I rest my case.

Actually, yes, it was a big deal. She did lots of TV interviews, she did Parkinson, she did Children in Need. She did Star Academy in France. And on top of all that she did not one but two promo mini shows in the UK - Koko and G-A-Y for fuck's sake. If that is not promoting your arse off to make sure an album sells, then what is? And all of that had NOTHING to do with the tour yet. She was promoting the album - full stop.

That is complete and utter rubbish. I won't even bother discussing this with you because clearly you have no modicum of sense whatsoever.

You believe what you wanna believe. She discussed the album a little but more about her father and his vineyard than that. :rotfl: