Memo to MDNA: please don't work with Daft Punk on next album!

Apples388

No matter what type of direction she decides to go in,I just hope that she actually *promotes* the next album aggressively.MDNA is a terrific album,but she didn't give it the proper promotion that it deserved.Next time around,she and Guy Oseary should plan things better,so that she has at least two or three weeks where she can focus entirely on promoting the album (TV appearances,interviews,etc).

I'd really like her to work with Disclosure. They have a very interesting sound...reminiscent of 90's house/garage but with a futuristic twist. Madonna would bring out the best in them and vice versa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1vnZOTFFRk

I consider Madonna to be a dance artist because dance music has always been part of her sound. Yes, she has done ballads and some non-danceable songs, but in Madonna's heart, she is pure dance. I'm sure she would say so as well. :)

just no.

I don't mind if the album is produced by Julie Andrews as long as it's not rushed and has proper singles and good songs on it. Like she used to do until Hard Candy.

I'd really like her to work with Disclosure. They have a very interesting sound...reminiscent of 90's house/garage but with a futuristic twist. Madonna would bring out the best in them and vice versa.

Disclosure are cool, but I don't see futuristic twist in their music. The are recycling UK Garage sound, which I don't mind at all. :)

I was disappointed in RAM. I only listened to it once though. I'm sure it's one of those albums that needs repeated listening to sink in, so I'm not completely done with it. I've been listening to Hot Chip's last album on repeat all week and it reminded me of Daft Punk, so when I heard RAM it didn't click with me. I liked elements of it though and can totally see M doing this. She would bring something great to it.

I consider Madonna to be a dance artist because dance music has always been part of her sound. Yes, she has done ballads and some non-danceable songs, but in Madonna's heart, she is pure dance. I'm sure she would say so as well. :)

Regarding what sound should do on the next album, I think she should either go completely experimental with EDM (I apologize for that term LOL) or do something else. I don't want generic dance like Celebration or GGW. Either do something like Impressive Instant and I'm Addicted or move on.

Move on to what, you say? I say dance music with live instruments. Like Daft Punk's RAM or LCD soundsystem. The lack of real instruments has bothered me with the last few albums. It makes the production sound cheap. She's Madonna. She's better than that!

Oh! Forgot to mention something. I don't like the William Orbit bashing on this thread. Some of you think his work is tired and rehashed, but for me it was a breath of fresh air on MDNA. His tracks were the best, in my opinion. Besides Beautiful Killer, Martin Solevig did not deliver!

Hot Chip is so underrated...

I agree. Hot Chip doesn't get the recognition they deserve. :(

I also agree with others who are saying no matter what Madonna releases, it needs to be promoted. If no one knows about it, no one will care. I hope she doesn't rushing into a tour with the next album.

I agree. Hot Chip doesn't get the recognition they deserve. :(

I also agree with others who are saying no matter what Madonna releases, it needs to be promoted. If no one knows about it, no one will care. I hope she doesn't rushing into a tour with the next album.

Why do you care? Do you think that every artist should promote their music to make people care?

Thinking that a Daft Punk Madonna collaboration is a bad idea is hard to understand, at least for me. Daft Punk's last album has so many highlights, so many instruments, the 70s 80s vibes are done with taste, they are in total breack down with this electro sounds that america embraced few years ago, thx to Guetta & Black Eyed peas, with no soul. the sound of Daft Punk is subtil, even if it's a little bit slow, but I'm waiting for their remixes... whatever, for me the best collaboration for Madonna's next album would be Pat Leonard and Steven Bray, so

Coming in to make your monthly Madonna posts I see.

err... no, i've posted in more threads in fact i loved the Kelis demo, found interesting the Shame discussion but didn't post, laughed a bit at the "young fans vs. older fans" thread... Anyway, greetings.

Guest SecretGarden

I heard Daft Punk's album and for the most part I didn't like it, it was quite pretentious.

That being said, I actually wouldn't mind her going more funk/disco for the next album, Hard Candy would have been a lot better if it stuck to that sound rather than the Timbaland sound (although I still really enjoy HC).

Edited by SecretGarden

I actually wouldn't mind her going more funk/disco for the next album, Hard Candy would have been a lot better if it stuck to that sound rather than the Timbaland sound (although I still really enjoy HC).

I would love for her to venture into funk/disco! "She's Not Me" is exactly the type of direction I'd like to see her go in.That song features some funky guitar by Wendy Melvoin (from Prince's old band The Revolution).I also love the funky bassline on "Dance 2Night".I want more of that! Would be cool to see Madonna explore a retro-funk/disco direction,like Jamiroquai does.Get some funky bandmembers and create a sizzling album with them!

Disclosure are cool, but I don't see futuristic twist in their music. The are recycling UK Garage sound, which I don't mind at all. :)

White Noise is quite modern and futuristic imo. I don't think we would have heard that sound back in the day. If Madonna had her hands on that track it would have been even bigger.

I would love for her to venture into funk/disco! "She's Not Me" is exactly the type of direction I'd like to see her go in.That song features some funky guitar by Wendy Melvoin (from Prince's old band The Revolution).I also love the funky bassline on "Dance 2Night".I want more of that! Would be cool to see Madonna explore a retro-funk/disco direction,like Jamiroquai does.Get some funky bandmembers and create a sizzling album with them!

Yes, She's Not Me is for me the best song in HC and i really loved it. The prechorus and chorus in Dance Tonight was glorious too (I don't like the rest of the song much). But she's not me was great and i would love some music like that, but with Madonna's voice being more organic and less robotic.

Yes, She's Not Me is for me the best song in HC and i really loved it. The prechorus and chorus in Dance Tonight was glorious too (I don't like the rest of the song much). But she's not me was great and i would love some music like that, but with Madonna's voice being more organic and less robotic.

I agree.It would be cool for her to an entire album of funky retro disco music...similiar to what Jamiroquai and Maroon 5 are doing.Their music is upbeat and danceable (like Madonna's) but they don't go overboard with the electronica/techno sounds.They use real basslines and other real instruments.I'd like a more 'organic' sound from Madonna.