7 August - Moscow

Msig

Is it just me or does it seem like Russia is stuck in the 80's? P.S I hope that everybody is finally willing to understand that Madonna wanted to do the Hard Candy Gyms as a saf and positive place for gay men to meet...

:ohmy:

She's on FIRE!

I'm loving the backlash, it's like she has been sleeping for the last 20 years.

More of this M!, and haters, keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

Exactly!

The LION is out of its cage!

The world fears Madonna and she fears nobody. :bow:

Wearing the balaclava during "Like A Virgin" was a masterstroke of political performance art. As far as I am concerned, her bravery tonight (both artistic and political) completely destroys any bad flavor left from L'Olympia's aftermath.

This fucking tour is the Lightning Rod of Controversy Tour...while Janet is slapping cell phones out of teenage hands and Mariah is just a "featured artist" on her own first (flopping) single, MADONNA is out there still having an impact, still a voice for artistic freedom, and still challenging the establishment.

Wearing the balaclava during "Like A Virgin" was a masterstroke of political performance art. As far as I am concerned, her bravery tonight (both artistic and political) completely destroys any bad flavor left from L'Olympia's aftermath.

This fucking tour is the Lightning Rod of Controversy Tour...while Janet is slapping cell phones out of teenage hands and Mariah is just a "featured artist" on her own first (flopping) single, MADONNA is out there still having an impact, still a voice for artistic freedom, and still challenging the establishment.

OMG Lampshade... I love you Titi!!

I watched the clip + had a moment at how sad this all is. She's brave as fuck and it's such a QoL thing to do but it's that she's in positions in THIS day and age where she's defending a group of women who have been in prison for five months, and likely Russia's entire gay community on Thursday. I mean :(

^ It's pathetica isn't it?

But it's for these reasons that she will go down in history as being a true voice and revolutionary woman. I'm so proud of her and I do hope the show on the 9th goes on without a hitch - and with a big statement.

I am so grateful I am attending this tour - it seems like it's the most powerful thing she's ever put on stage. I just.... *puts hand abreast*

*puts hand abreast*

:rotfl:

Me too! 2x :wow:

And watch her mince thru the Moscow Gardens tomorrow. :rotfl:

Guest Not4Pussies

^ It's pathetica isn't it?

But it's for these reasons that she will go down in history as being a true voice and revolutionary woman. I'm so proud of her and I do hope the show on the 9th goes on without a hitch - and with a big statement.

I am so grateful I am attending this tour - it seems like it's the most powerful thing she's ever put on stage. I just.... *puts hand abreast*

lol que cute. come here my lil nugget.

all madonna's gotta do is whip out one tittay and wear one hood thingie and SHE MAKES A HUGE STATEMENT....she doesnt have to resort to wearing the kitchen sink....LOVES HER!

Guest northernlad

Good on her. Obviously after the Saint Petersburg concert they'll never grant her another Visa there again!

That was so much more than I expected her to do! I thought she'd reference them in the speech and that would be that, but OMG !!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Walkthetalknofeardonna :dramatic:

I LOVE HER!!!

Guest pedrohdi

loooooool Does this "church" fogot that for years they weren't allowed to pratice? Did they forget that they lived in a regime that silenced those who spoke against them? And this is what they wanted their freedom for? Are we in the dark ages again? Fucking ignorants!

I watched the clip + had a moment at how sad this all is. She's brave as fuck and it's such a QoL thing to do but it's that she's in positions in THIS day and age where she's defending a group of women who have been in prison for five months, and likely Russia's entire gay community on Thursday. I mean :(

huh?

M's complete speech:

"Thank you to all of my fans here in Russia, who have supported me troughout the years, I do not take your love and your support for granted. And there's a man here in the front row, he's wearing a t-shirt, it says "Sagarro Jo". Yeah, I think he's been to a few shows. Anybody who's been to a show before knows that it's a song about freedom, right? It's a song about fighting for freedom. And I wanted to say a few words about that:

As you can see here on my stage, everybody with me comes from every different place in the world, from Africa, from America, from France, from Russia, from England. We are Christians, we are Moslems, we are Jews, we are everything you can imagine. But we're a family. We're together. We are gay, we are straight, we are human beings. And this very last sentence "human beings" is the most important one, and in fact, the only one that we should refer to each other as: human beings. Now, I'm very grateful and I'm very lucky because I come from a country, America, where we are free to express ourselves, to express our point of view. As an artist, as a human being, as a woman, I have the freedom to express my point of view. Even if other people don't agree with me, even if my government doesn't agree with me. I have the right to express my point of view, I have the freedom to express my point of view. This is democracy, okay? And I do not take that for granted either. I just want to say a few words about Pussy Riot. I'm blessed to be from a country where I have the right to express my opinion, okay? But my dream and my prayer is that everyone in the world has this right. Not only here in Russia, but in France, in Iran, everywhere in the world. As human beings, we should have the right to express our opinions and still be treated as human beings. Now, I know there are many sides for every story and I mean no disrespect to the church or the government, but I think that these 3 girls - Mascha, Katja, Nadja - have done something courageous. I think they had paid the price for this act, and I pray for their freedom. And I know that everyone here on the stage feels the same way and I know that everyone in this auditorium, if there are here as my fans, know that they deserve the right to be free. Okay? So, to these 3 girls who have been in jail now for 5 months, who are still going through a trial right now, I pray for your freedom, I know we all pray for your freedom. And let's hope that one day, we really will live in a world filled with peace and freedom and tolerance."