7 August - Moscow

Msig

In only a few days, Madonna will play her third show in Russia. In 2006, she played the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. In 2009, she played the Palace Square in St. Petersburg. This time around, she's coming to both cities, playing arena shows in both.

The venue of the Moscow show will be Olimpiyskiy, an indoor arena built for the 1980 Olympics. The arena has recently hosted shows by acts such as Sting, Paul McCartney, Britney Spears and Depeche Mode, as well as the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest.

For logistical reasons, concerts at the Olimpiyskiy are always done with a side-stage setup and a maximum capacity of 25,000.

Aime is attending the show. Any other MNation forum members?

5447143661_52a7a37a18.jpg

Venue map

shemaolympicmdna212avg.jpg

Ticket prices

Standing, Fan Zone (Golden Circle): RUB 10,000 ($ 308)

Standing, General Attendance: RUB 6,000 ($ 185)

Reserved seating, Luxury Stall: RUB 200,000 ($ 6161)

Reserved seating, VIP: RUB 12,000-70,000 ($ 370-2156)

Reserved seating, Stall B: 12,000 ($ 370)

Reserved seating, lower tier: RUB 4,000-20,000 ($ 123-616)

Reserved seating, upper tier: RUB 3,000-8,000 ($ 92-246)

Reserved seating, balconies: RUB 1,750-3,000 ($ 54-92)

Oh, I almost forgot: On top of those prices, you should add a transaction fee of 10% per ticket.

Yes, you got that right: Including the transaction fee, the most expensive tickets cost more than $ 6700!!! :shock:

However, ticket prices start as low as $ 60 (including fee).

Early Entry tickets were available only in the ICON pre-sale, for the price of RUB 26,000 ($ 800). However, once tickets went on public sale, dissapointingly slow sales of Fan Zone tickets resulted in the price being reduced from RUB 16,000 ($ 493) to RUB 10,000. It has been announced that all Fan Zone tickets bought before the price was reduced will be considered as Early Entry tickets.

Madonna is expected to arrive in Moscow on a few days before the show, as she is going to officially open the Moscow branch of Hard Candy Fitness on 6 August.

Do you have any idea of how much has sold till now?

I knew you'd ask ;)

There are about 540 tickets available for the show, which means that about 24,460 tickets must have been sold by now. While there are a few entirely empty rows in the lower-tier sections, most tickets available are 'single' seats. So that's probably as close to a total sell-out as you get. :D

Fan Zone (Golden Circle): 92 tickets left

General Attendance: 41 tickets left

Balconies: 63 seats left

Upper tier: 68 seats left

Lower tier: 245 seats left

Stall B: 1 seat left

VIP: 20 seats left

Luxury Stall: 8 seats left

Madonna is expected to arrive in Moscow on a few days before the show, as she is going to officially open the Moscow branch of Hard Candy Fitness on 6 August.

:scared:

Will she top her look from the opening in Mexico? :1251:

madonna_henry_romero.jpg?1291906337

Guest pedrohdi

I knew you'd ask ;)

There are about 540 tickets available for the show, which means that about 24,460 tickets must have been sold by now. While there are a few entirely empty rows in the lower-tier sections, most tickets available are 'single' seats. So that's probably as close to a total sell-out as you get. :D

Fan Zone (Golden Circle): 92 tickets left

General Attendance: 41 tickets left

Upper tier: 68 seats left

Lower tier: 245 seats left

Stall B: 1 seat left

VIP: 20 seats left

Thank you so much! ;)

I'm at least hoping for a few fines based on her speech before she sings Masterpiece, which should be chock full of awesome gay "propaganda!" After all the press about it, Moscow owes us a little scandal. ;)

is there going to be some unbelivible moments? like Madonna get arrested??!?!?!?! :D

I'm at least hoping for a few fines based on her speech before she sings Masterpiece, which should be chock full of awesome gay "propaganda!" After all the press about it, Moscow owes us a little scandal. ;)

Madonna is certainly gonna say something about LGBT rights, telling people to scream "Sagarra jo!" whenever they face discrimination - but it won't be a 'problem' until she hits St. Petersburg, where "propaganda of homosexuality, bisexuality, transgenderism and pedophilia" is illegal.

There was an article I posted a while back that said she could possibly face arrest. I kind of wonder if the world will be in favor of the arrest even though it was due to her standing up for a good cause, simply because it's popular right now to hate her a la Erotica era.

Ticket for the Luxury Stall - costing more than $6700 each including booking fees - have now sold out.

So have tickets for the upper balcony, which were the two cheapest ticket categories

she should suport those girl band that is in prison. it is her obligation! and about gay rights - i think the video Nobody Knows Me will do that. if you ask me...only Putin picture is missing in part with dangerous politician group with marine le penn..

Pussy Riot campaigners in Russia hoping for Madonna’s support

1338524954_pussy-riot.jpg

London, August 5 (ANI): Campaigners protesting against the arrest of three feminist pop stars charged for performing a ‘punk prayer’ outside a cathedral, hope that Madonna will publicly express her support for the trio.

Three members of the feminist punk collective Pussy Riot named Maria Alyokhina, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Yekaterina Samutsevich will be jailed for seven years if found guilty on charges of hooliganism motivated by religious hatred.

The women were arrested after going to Moscow’s Christ the Saviour cathedral in February and performing a “punk prayer” critical of the Orthodox church’s support for the president, Vladimir Putin, the Guardian reported.

The plight of the trio has become a cause celebre in the music world, with numerous stars taking a public stance in their support for the group.

Anthony Kiedis, lead singer with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, showed his support by wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the name Pussy Riot at a recent concert in St Petersburg.

Another famous band, Sting, has also issued messages of support for the group.

“Surely the Russian authorities will completely drop these spurious charges and allow the women, these artists, to get back to their lives and to their children,” Sting said.

Although Madonna has not gone as far as her music industry comrades, the group still view the star as an inspiration because of her willingness to upset the Roman Catholic church with her music.

The campaigners are hopeful that when the Queen of pop takes to the stage in Moscow this week, she will take a stronger stance.

ANI

source: allaboutmadonna.com

hope she will

I hope she says something for the sake of the 3 arrested women. Their trail is a complete farce! she mentioned 'brave' before the Kiev concert, well, their stand against Putin IS brave.

she will be declared as a foreign spy..

as in angelina jokie from SALT

no, if she is arrested i am sure their are ramifications for her to travel abroad, no one is saying anything about that, but i PRAY SHE GETS ARRESTED! imagine the publicity and the one upmanship it would have on any gay rights activists, lol....but i kind of have a feeling that she will back down-due to her children

The band and dancers just arrived in Moscow, after a 24-hour drive from Kiev.

Madonna arrived earlier tonight, though no one has actually spotted her.