7 August - Moscow

Msig

Stay calm, guys. We had the same threats several times before and nothing ever happened. There's no need to be nervous at all.

No, there were some threats by religious nuts etc but never to an extent that the US embassy issued a warning!

That said, i'm sure all necessary measures will be taken to ensure all goes smoothly. Also the Statement particularly refers to the St Petersburg show an not moscow with regards to threats of violence

U.S. Embassy Moscow and U.S. Consulate General St. Petersburg

SECURITY MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS:

MADONNA CONCERTS

August 7, 2012

This is to alert U.S. citizens in Russia who are planning to attend the Madonna concerts in Moscow on Tuesday, August 7, or in St. Petersburg on Thursday, August 9, that the U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg has received information regarding a threat of physical violence against spectators and performers at the St. Petersburg concert on August 9. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow and the U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg have shared the information with appropriate Russian law enforcement authorities. Russian authorities have indicated to the Embassy that they are taking appropriate measures in light of this information. While we expect that enhanced security measures will be put in place at both concerts, U.S. citizens are reminded to remain vigilant regarding their personal security, and to be aware of their surroundings at all times, especially in crowded areas.

@MadonnaSerbia According to concert-goers, there was heavy security outside the Olympic Stadium in Moscow for #Madonna's concert tonight. #MDNAMoscow

There's some photos in facebook and people look really happy, they seem not worry about anything

was it Russia where they were burning pictures of her outside the stadium?

this is without question the most controversial tour of her career :lmao:

Thats what I thought. Has she had a normal show yet?? :wow:

I don't know if it's real or photoshopped but someone posted a picture of M from the show with "Pussy Riot" faux tattoed on her back instead of No Fear?

Edit: nvm, it's true. QoL.

Edited by LCD

"They have done something courageous and they have paid the price for this act and I pray for their freedom." Thus spake Madge.#pussyriot

Huuuuuuge applause for Madonna's long statement of support for Pussy Riot. Stadium went wild.

"They have done something courageous and they have paid the price for this act and I pray for their freedom." Thus spake Madge.#pussyriot

Huuuuuuge applause for Madonna's long statement of support for Pussy Riot. Stadium went wild.

Love this bitch. :thumbsup: