Olympia Concert - Madonna Speaks.

Guest ditaluver

Already posted in the Vienna thread, but here it is anyway, since M spent most of the speech talking about the Olympia show:

[media=]

[/media]

:lmao: :clap:

Love her

read this http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ij0snu he tweeted it to me, I think he thinks Im a Madonna Fan Site or something

I think this is nothing but the true, I've been kind of a in the same situation, when she open the Gym in Mexico, we the clients were treat like shit, she didn't even say hello to us, the only thing she cares about was the Media.

I understand perfectly the feeling of these people along to the and Aussie ones. I've been dissapointed by Madonna and it really sux

I think this is nothing but the true, I've been kind of a in the same situation, when she open the Gym in Mexico, we the clients were treat like shit, she didn't even say hello to us, the only thing she cares about was the Media.

I understand perfectly the feeling of these people along to the and Aussie ones. I've been dissapointed by Madonna and it really sux

:newspaper:

Guest ditaluver

i can relate. when she did the smirnoff dance thing in NY. she literally never acknowledged the fans/crowd. it was like we were filth. very uncomfortable.

HOWEVER... this Olympia performance is totally different. She performed her heart out and showed lots of LOVE. I would have never thought it was a full on MDNA concert. I would have just appreciated it for what it was. and it looked AWESOME and totally worth the money.

Already posted in the Vienna thread, but here it is anyway, since M spent most of the speech talking about the Olympia show:

Exactly! That's why you're the Queen Bee Bitch! God, I love her. I can't stress it enough.

Well I have 2 say, when I was trying 2 book tickets I was under the impression it would b a full show, not the full MDNA obviously,

but it was implied that it would b a full 'concert'...as it was interpreted by most of my friends who bought tickets.

Yes, it was not clearly announced as a gig or a 50 min show... Everybody thought it would be different for sure, but not so short. The ticket were expensive, she had a free show case at the Olympia when she released Hard Candy. When you pay, you expect something longer, especially when nothing is said about it. Intimate doesn't mean short. Olympia doesn't mean short, it's not a night club, it's a theatre where people perform full shows.

Why did'nt they say it clearly ? She would have sold the tickets anyway...

I don't see how one cannot understand the disapointment, then.

Once again the show was great but FANS (not thungs) had the feeling to be fooled and that's a fact. Madonna, and you, are not well informed...

You still don't want to understand that it's not the length itself, it's the fact that, with the lack of communication about it, people expected more, let's say at least 1 hour and 20 minutes... They didn't even realize she was leaving the stage for the last time at the end of the last song....

It's a shame that Live Nation didn't say that before the ticket sales.

If people knew, if LN had announced a 5/6 songs gig, people would not have been disapointed but thrilled after the show, because they would have had more than that.

There were thrilled during, but not after she left, and yes I'm talking about her fans, not anyone else.

Edited by From France

Yes, it was not clearly announced as a gig or a 50 min show... Everybody thought it would be different for sure, but not so short. The ticket were expensive, she had a free show case at the Olympia when she released Hard Candy. When you pay, you expect something longer, especially when nothing is said about it. Intimate doesn't mean short. Olympia doesn't mean short, it's not a night club, it's a theatre where people perform full shows.

Why did'nt they say it clearly ? She would have sold the tickets anyway...

I don't see how one cannot understand the disapointment, then.

Once again the show was great but FANS (not thungs) had the feeling to be fooled and that's a fact. Madonna, and you, are not well informed...

No you shouldn't. Don't compare this gig to the 2008 HC promo one, they happened in totally different contexts.

The 2008 one was free of charge simply because it was part of the promotion pre album release. This one is actually PART of the tour, so she's obviously going to charge for it, even more so since she's added it to the schedule at the last minute and she was supposed to be on her months-in-advance planned 5-day break between the UK/Ireland gigs and the Vienna concert. Anyway a show as intricate logistically speaking as MDNA, at least the full MDNA show can't be executed in that type of venue.

No you shouldn't. Don't compare this gig to the 2008 HC promo one, they happened in totally different contexts.

The 2008 one was free of charge simply because it was part of the promotion pre album release. This one is actually PART of the tour, so she's obviously going to charge for it, even more so since she's added it to the schedule at the last minute and she was supposed to be on her months-in-advance planned 5-day break between the UK/Ireland gigs and the Vienna concert. Anyway a show as intricate logistically speaking as MDNA, at least the full MDNA show can't be executed in that type of venue.

His point is that when it went on sale it was widely considered 2 b the full length show. Everyone knew it wouldn't b MDNA though...

Except where her Australian fans are concerned

whitney-point-bitchplease.gif

:dead:

:queenbitch::dead:

His point is that when it went on sale it was widely considered 2 b the full length show. Everyone knew it wouldn't b MDNA though...

:dazed:

Mmmhhh he stressed how she charged for it and how that didn't happen in 2008 and he clearly says that had Madonna or LN specified the length of the show things wouldn't have unfolded this way. The point is that even if she had wanted she couldn't have fitted a show like MDNA (the full show) into that kind of venue and this is a fact.

So when I get to see her so close giving an extra performance that was not originally planned and I get to see a couple of numbers that are NOT in the full Tour presentation (stadiums/arenas) I guess I should just consider myself lucky, because I am seeing something different whether I spent money on it or not.

And who says she ought to have specified the length of the show at all. She was under no obligation. Let's be a bit objective and grateful for the sole fact she's still touring with such a grand show after so many decades. Honestly people complaining are either Le Pen supporters (at the gig itself with the home made signs and all) or just entitled moaning people that can't appreciate the level of commitment, quality and effort she is still putting into her work. Can't people see why she didn't charge in 2008? It was promotion for her album. ahead of its release. Not something happening months after its release and part of the actual tour.

I wonder what her Aussie fans should be doing then according to certain people's logic on here. They probably had it much worse than being able to see the show done differently and at such a close distance after having attending it a dozen times in its full version in a proper venue.

I would've paid a 1000€ just to have her scream at me for 5 minutes! ungrateful bitches

I hope this is a joke...

My point was to say that no one was aware that the show at this price would end without the audience knowing it. Though it really was a magical time and we didn't know what to expect for sure, it is quite a shame from the staff, a bad trick.

Sure, it was fine for the youtubers, but anyone can reasonnably understand the disapointment I'm talking about, that almost everyone in the theatre felt, , I'm not supporting the insults in any way caused by some, who were obviously enjoying the situation.

Madonna gave a kick ass show, including two brilliant exclusive performances. Some people. The Virgin Tour was about an hour long. Looks like some french fans would've found a way to whine about that too.

I hope this is a joke...

My point was to say that no one was aware that the show at this price would end without the audience knowing it. Though it really was a magical time and we didn't know what to expect for sure, it is quite a shame from the staff, a bad trick.

Sure, it was fine for the youtubers, but anyone can reasonnably understand the disapointment I'm talking about, that almost everyone in the theatre felt, , I'm not supporting the insults in any way caused by some, who were obviously enjoying the situation.

Expectation setting is one of the big failings of Madonna's team. Late arrivals on stage, what this show was all about etc. All it takes is some proper management but we've seen time and time again very poor communication and it comes across as Madonna doesn't give a damn. This is stuff that Guy should be on top of but he clearly doesn't give a crap and people just seem to be walking away.