Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

No, I was talking about the January-February shows. The venues were booked - why did she cancel the shows? Big mystery.

LN has the right to use it for other artist.

Therefore, cancellation is not an issue here.

LN has the right to use it for other artist.

Therefore, cancellation is not an issue here.

I doubt that's what happened though. Madonna has such huge clout and I'm sure if she really wanted to, she'd pull the strings and make it happen.

Guy Oseary is not to blame this time, I don't think. I think Madonna made this decision herself. SUCKAGE DU JOUR. WOW I am still so mystified and embarrassed, actually.

Why do I always hear about fans talking and asking questions to Guy O? How come no one has thrown trash at him? Someone give him a good punch.

Madonna Cancels Australian Tour Dates

Sorry, Aussies. Looks like Madonna is just not that into you.

Per the BBC, Madge's concert promoter, Live Nation, confirmed the cancellation of her Australian tour dates on Tuesday but didn't give a reason why.

"Madonna's [MDNA] tour will end in South America in December as planned. That's all we can say," a spokesperson said.

The Material Girl hasn't toured Down Under in 20 years. Shortly after her Sticky & Sweet tour ended in 2009, her manager Guy Oseary said the singer "really needs to go to Australia."

"Unfortunately, it didn't work out for this tour," he said. "She appreciates her Aussie fans coming to many of the shows…We are long overdue for a trip Down Under and apologize for that. It will happen."

For the sake of our Aussie friends, we sure hope it does someday.

http://www.eonline.com/news/331153/madonna-cancels-australian-tour-dates?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&%3Fcmpid=eonline-twitter&dlvrit=48939

I'm all for the Guy O bashing normally but I don't think he's at fault here. She changed her mind. Without an official explanation from her team we can only deduce this is coming directly from her. By the way, when are we getting the BS reason for this change of heart?

...I'm so confused as to why she's so against going to Australia.... - lymon

...but what is this bitch's deal? Everyone makes it there except her? - Nightshade

...what is her problem with Australia though, seriously? - Not4Pussies

...What is wrong with Madonna? -ipex

...I think something must be wrong. Now that I'm over the shock and anger I really do think there is a proper reason for this. - CJM69

...What does Madonna have against Australia?? - SkyHigh76

Maybe because GMAYL flopped so badly in Australia (first album that failed to generate a top 10 hit in Australia) that bitch decided to cancel the tour.

:dazed:

Guest Xanthium

I hope this finally puts the kibosh on the ridiculous notion that Madonna actually gives a flying fuck about her fans. She never has and she never will. Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean you can't be her fan or worship her or whatever but one needs to be realistic about such things. You can't have it both ways. You can't worship a self-serving, self-absorbed cunt and then expect her to do things out of the kindness of her heart and tour just for the fans regardless of profit. The only reason she's not touring Oz is because it wasn't going to be profitable to her (or at least profitable enough for her standards). It's one thing if she never planned on going there but the way she and her management have manipulated and toyed with the Aussie fans over the years regarding touring is pretty fucking vile. I love Madonna as an artist and I love her work but she's a BIG FUCKING CUNT. So many Aussie fans who could've made other arangements to see her in other countries can't even do that now. I hope she gets raked over the coals for this and I will laugh my ass off the entire time it happens.

...I'm so confused as to why she's so against going to Australia.... - lymon

...but what is this bitch's deal? Everyone makes it there except her? - Nightshade

...what is her problem with Australia though, seriously? - Not4Pussies

...What is wrong with Madonna? -ipex

...I think something must be wrong. Now that I'm over the shock and anger I really do think there is a proper reason for this. - CJM69

...What does Madonna have against Australia?? - SkyHigh76

Maybe because GMAYL flopped so badly in Australia (first album that failed to generate a top 10 hit in Australia) that bitch decided to cancel the tour.

:dazed:

same happened in the UK she played Hyde Park last night.

I hope this finally puts the kibosh on the ridiculous notion that Madonna actually gives a flying fuck about her fans. She never has and she never will. Now don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean you can't be her fan or worship her or whatever but one needs to be realistic about such things. You can't have it both ways. You can't worship a self-serving, self-absorbed cunt and then expect her to do things out of the kindness of her heart and tour just for the fans regardless of profit. The only reason she's not touring Oz is because it wasn't going to be profitable to her (or at least profitable enough for her standards). It's one thing if she never planned on going there but the way she and her management have manipulated and toyed with the Aussie fans over the years regarding touring is pretty fucking vile. I love Madonna as an artist and I love her work but she's a BIG FUCKING CUNT. So many Aussie fans who could've made other arangements to see her in other countries can't even do that now. I hope she gets raked over the coals for this and I will laugh my ass off the entire time it happens.

i didnt see this show and have no plans to but shes been a prized cunt about the tour down under. I too, will be laughing hard when she gets fucked over by the media worldwide for this. shameful (but not as life destroying as some people here are making out)

Guest bluejean

Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you - I'm just really upset about this! I really like you and your posts x

Oh that's okay, I just wanted you to know I was kidding. I find the meltdowns and hysteria hilarious. I am disappointed too but its not the end of the Earth.

Madonna's PR team needs to release an official statement.

Yes, and we know it will be BS filled, saying ' I love Australia, I love my loyal fans there, I'm worth the wait, fly to see me elsewhere, catch you next tour...' :fuckoff:

IF money is the cause then I don't understand how her tour wouldn't make 'financial sense' but tons of other artists tour there with ease and make a hefty profit.

Guest Xanthium

i didnt see this show and have no plans to but shes been a prized cunt about the tour down under. I too, will be laughing hard when she gets fucked over by the media worldwide for this. shameful (but not as life destroying as some people here are making out)

Yeah I'm not seeing the show either but I was SO excited for the Aussie fans because they were FINALLY going to see her after all these years. I'm not a concert person (well not live but I love the DVDs) but it made me happy to know that those who were dying to see her live were going to. And instead of getting the dates announced to them they got a cancelation. Talk about a slap in the face. I may love Madge the most as an artist but I respect artists like Pink and Lady Gaga a hell of a lot more with instances like this. Madonna totally lacks any kind of respect for her fan base.

Not cool :thumbsdown:

Really unprofessional of them to keep mentioning it to fans & in press releases before it was actually set in stone..

It'll be interesting to hear what this big valid reason is that Carta's friend's been told about.

I bet it's some bogus about her kids having to go to school (all of a sudden) or some shitty logistics excuse. I'm a HUGE fan and usually side with Madonna but this time I actually welcome a little bashing ... It's cunty behaviour and after being teased with promises and statements for the last few tours, imo the Aussies have every right to be angry. I wouldn't let a family member get away with that either. I still love Madonna to death but a little reality check never hurt anyone...

If it's money, how much more money does she fucking need? I mean seriously!

If they were worried about ticket prices I think its pretty obvious we would have paid pretty much anything to see her.

What is her deal???

Today has been a pretty rough day, only because Ive been a fan for 25 years and have waited patiently for 25 years to see her. It feels like she has been part of our lives so it does feel like a huge slap in the face and it does feel personal, like she doesn't give a shit.

To add insult to injury I never imagined in a million years that she would ever come to Perth, I always thought Id have to fly to Melbourne or Sydney but to read confirmation that she was actually booked for two shows in my hometown was a pretty unbearable thought. Not only was I going to see her but I could have seen her twice.

If she does come here for a second leg I'd be pretty sure it will never be as big or as profitable as it could have been if she had come here in January. Now in just one day there has been such a bad reaction and so much terrible press that Madonna's name is shit here, she is a national joke to our country now.

Australian's are a different breed of people, we don't take too kindly to this kind of treatment, it's just the way we are and I worry her career will never be the same here. It's going to have a huge knock on effect in that radio will boycott her, fans will boycott her and DJ's will boycott her.

What a sad, sad day to be an Aussie fan and to anyone who criticises us for our reactions - you are just as sad. You have no idea how it feels. Its not life changing but its certainly very bad news for people who have hung in for so long and spent so much of their hard earned money on someone who clearly doesn't give a shit.

There has to be a very good reason for this, there just has to be. I can't quite believe it, its surreal.

Really now? like they haven't been doing this 24/7 for years now. even now in my country they're saying she couldn't tour australia because she wouldn't be able to sell out a fucking show. (and of course, she easily would) she gets enough shit around the clock as it is.

Really now? like they haven't been doing this 24/7 for years now. even now in my country they're saying she couldn't tour australia because she wouldn't be able to sell out a fucking show. (and of course, she easily would) she gets enough shit around the clock as it is.

This time she kinda deserves it tbqh.