Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

I blame acko. :dead: Remember what he said? 'I hope she doesn't tour Australia'. :lmao:

P.S my condolences. I would be super livid if this were me but let's hope there's an explanation.

This time she kinda deserves it tbqh.

such as writing that a huge concert event is badly received when it really isn't? the reports are everywhere from the dailymail in my country right now. I can't blame the press for making up rumors about slow ticket sales when the australia concerts are cancelled. But to lie and make up bullshit about people leaving early and being bored while "watching the worst concert ever" (taking ONE twitter comment and turning that into a headline all over the world) is taking things way too far. It has nothing to do with the australian concerts anyway.

sorry if this is off topic, but it seems to be the meltdown thread right now so.. ;)

Go and fuck off Dave! You've been in here already to make stupid comments so if it wasn't clear the first time, you're not welcome here!

So unprofessional of her and her team, it actually makes me think that the decsion is based in the big chances of flopping really hard in there and to be quite honest she would have deserved. So uncool after the promises, the pre-confirmation, all the world media know about the so call finally visti to Australia this time and they even where happy about them, it's normal they hate her.

I can name several times the bash at Madonna has been unfair, but this time she deserves the bad press and I honestly hope it affects the rest of the tour.

I'm so dissapointed to be a Madonna this day.

So this also means the possibilities to go to Japan are unlikely.

such as writing that a huge concert event is badly received when it really isn't? the reports are everywhere from the dailymail in my country right now. I can't blame the press for making up rumors about slow ticket sales when the australia concerts are cancelled. But to lie and make up bullshit about people leaving early and being bored while "watching the worst concert ever" (taking ONE twitter comment and turning that into a headline all over the world) is taking things way too far. It has nothing to do with the australian concerts anyway.

sorry if this is off topic, but it seems to be the meltdown thread right now so.. ;)

Yeah, true, I mean she does get shit from the media 24/7 but if she is criticized solely for canceling the Oz shows out of the blue - what can I say, she had it coming.

Of course the press will use the cancelation as an excuse to throw dirt at the show in general (which is unfair, since it has nothing to do with Australia) (no pun intended :sneaky:)

I have been dreaming about this fiasco all night.. sigh. I can't believe it. How have they not released a statement?

How have they not released a statement?

They are still looking for someone to throw under the bus for this mess. Or they are on their high horses thinking what all this fuss is about. We never officially announced any dates for Australia, so technically it's not even a cancellation. And in 2 days all of this will be forgotten anyway. Too bad that they fail to realize that karma is a bitch and that this will haunt them.

They are still looking for someone to throw under the bus for this mess. Or they are on their high horses thinking what all this fuss is about. We never officially announced any dates for Australia, so technically it's not even a cancellation. And in 2 days all of this will be forgotten anyway. Too bad that they fail to realize that karma is a bitch and that this will haunt them.

Damn right

I can barely even remember attending the girlie show ( thanks to years of drinking and possibly early on-set dementia:) and was soo looking foward to this. As I do still adore listening to her music, I will continue to do so, however as a way of protest everything madonna will be purchased " illegally". Does shoplifting goods still count towards the charts?

geesh..

Still no statement!? Think they are just trying to pretend it hasn't happened and that all this has nothing to do with them. We made it all up in our little Aussie minds that she said was coming here.

I know! What about some of the reports saying the tour will end in South America as planned....um, no. It was always said to end here motherfuckers!

I know! What about some of the reports saying the tour will end in South America as planned....um, no. It was always said to end here motherfuckers!

Exactly - now they are pretending they didn't ever announce that she was coming to Australia. Ending in South America "as planned". MORE lies! Fuckers!!!

Edited by ipex

Guest Not4Pussies

If I was going to her show tomorrow I would blow up the tour press release that mentioned Australia as a huge banner for her to see or a t-shirt with Australian cities on it just to give her some guilt trip.

No, not one word, he was on there posting pics from Hyde Park as the news was breaking - it's been just over 24 hours and every major news and entertainment media outlet in the world is reporting it.

Madonna.com has been updated with a second news item about the new Paris show but no mention of Australia.

I'm assuming they are planning a carefully written response after Guy's statements on Twitter that "it will happen"

Hmmm... as a sidenote (don't kill me for this)...maybe there's a reason nothing has been said. After all, it's interesting how the official word from Live Nation never mentioned a cancellation, they just said the tour ends in South America. They're not out and out confirming that she's not coming. Perhaps they're waiting for SOMETHING...before saying anything concrete.

I'm assuming they are planning a carefully written response after Guy's statements on Twitter that "it will happen"

And if they are not :lol:

At this point i don't think they would dig much about this subject. It will be pushed under the carpet to let it die as usual.

So unprofessional of her and her team, it actually makes me think that the decsion is based in the big chances of flopping really hard in there and to be quite honest she would have deserved.

yeah that's it.. she has made artistic mistakes in her career but always been professional, that is up until now

fans are saying they think it was Madonna's decision but as far as I can see, they are not basing that on anything concrete

Live Nation know what they are doing so if they cancelled the show the obvious reason is fear of FLOP SALES

and I assume the lack of any kind of statement is due to the fact that it takes time to adequately fabricate a reason..

shut up.

Thanks for sticking up for me..

I never overpost or troll in this forum

I have been a fan for 20 years and online for 10.. and never said a negative word about Madonna EVER

I have the right to be angry and express myself so thanks for telling that fuckwit to shutup

Live Nation know what they are doing so if they cancelled the show the obvious reason is fear of FLOP SALES

and I assume the lack of any kind of statement is due to the fact that it takes time to adequately fabricate a reason..

I cannot believe they would think the sales would be bad. After putting shows on in Europe that sold HALF of what she did last time, and new places like Colombia sold like gangbusters, surely Australia would've been a killer haul in cash. I refuse to believe it was canceled for fear of no profit. I think Madonna just didn't want to do another leg.

I cannot believe they would think the sales would be bad. After putting shows on in Europe that sold HALF of what she did last time, and new places like Colombia sold like gangbusters, surely Australia would've been a killer haul in cash. I refuse to believe it was canceled for fear of no profit. I think Madonna just didn't want to do another leg.

I used to think that too, until yesterday.. especially at the end of the tour, you would think lots of people would come to Australia from Asia etc to see her and all the shows would sell out

But for her to do this to her fans, she must have known what would happen, I just can't see how her not being arsed to do 8 extra shows at the end of the tour is reason enough to fuck everyone over like this..

Remember that she was reluctant to say anything about the Australian dates whem she was asked about it at that Italian Tv interview...

Hmmm... as a sidenote (don't kill me for this)...maybe there's a reason nothing has been said. After all, it's interesting how the official word from Live Nation never mentioned a cancellation, they just said the tour ends in South America. They're not out and out confirming that she's not coming. Perhaps they're waiting for SOMETHING...before saying anything concrete.

If that was the case, Liz would have responded to media requests and said "There has been a change of plans for Australia, we still plan on coming to Australia and will have more information at a later date"

Instead, M, Guy and Liz have allowed the world's media including BBC, Billboard, Rolling Stone etc to report that Madonna has cancelled her Australian tour plans for the past 24 hours upsetting fans and causing a large Twitter response that was agreesive and negative.

I do not believe there are any plans to tour Australia and it's cruel and unfair

Or maybe a simple reason that she's tired I mean she's 53 going 54 next month for crying out loud. And its not like her show is a concert wherein she'll just stand up in front of a mike and sing