Should I be worried...?

hyper

... about the Vienna concert (= my city) ending up getting cancelled? I've already posted this a few times but nothing's changed so far and ticket sales seem to be HORRIBLE

Tickets went on sale after the Superbowl and as of today, you can still easily get tickets for ALL categories. Here's a screenshot from the only official seller

Unbenannt-1Kopie.jpg

Now, I couldn't care less about the "OMG 122233 shows sold out and 56597 records beat" stuff I just don't want her to cancel :(

And the reason for her not selling isn't that people simply couldn't give a fuck, but NOBODY KNOWS SHE'S COMING which is extremely frustrating!

I saw posters and ads on buses etc from other cities but here there's just NOTHING at all and I suppose that's up to Live Nation ?! It boggles the mind why they don't put any effort into promoting Madonna at all. Ok, MDNA tanked and most people still don't even know its out (at least here!) - I got over that - but why is it such a big deal to promote the concert when the tour is supposed to be the centre of the MDNA campaign? Not wanting to stir shit but Lady Gaga's show (which is scheduled to take place in a small indoor arena one month later) is heavily promoted and I simply fail to understand why, if Live Nation is behind both acts

Maybe it's all revenge for the 2008 debacle :lmao:

Don't worry. The fact that you can still find tickets for all categories doesn't mean it's not selling well, thus risking to be cancelled. They have this policy of putting batches of tickets on sale at intervals. They do with every market to avoid scalping issues. It's like the Milan, Florence and Rome dates: one day you go and there's nothing left or 3 categories on 7 left, the following day there are all catregories available. Yet the 3 Italian gigs have already sold 45,000 tickets each with a stadium capacity of 55,000 on average and a full month to go before she gets to Italy.

Your Vienna show will be just fine :thumbsup:

I guess that's what happens when the album flops (due to lack of promotion). People may not be that interested. Add to that the RIDICULOUSLY HIGH prices (not just in Vienna, in general). I'm terrified when I think of the ticket prices for the next tour. :scared: I need to start saving money NOW cause I want to see her again before she dies I die.

There's still time left. She'll sell out eventually.

i was in vienna (one of my favorite towns) on S&S concert and it was horrible. it really was a big big fiasco. i was first raw so i could enjoy in M

BUT

she was singing like a cow..i was emberresed and crowd was even worse..can you imagine all those people just stareing like zombies - not singing - not reacting - nothing. i was sure she ll never go back there. it was terrible.

but ofcourse. as madonna fan i didn t care to much. i m just happy when i m able to see her in anyway.

Don't worry. The fact that you can still find tickets for all categories doesn't mean it's not selling well, thus risking to be cancelled. They have this policy of putting batches of tickets on sale at intervals. They do with every market to avoid scalping issues. It's like the Milan, Florence and Rome dates: one day you go and there's nothing left or 3 categories on 7 left, the following day there are all catregories available. Yet the 3 Italian gigs have already sold 45,000 tickets each with a stadium capacity of 55,000 on average and a full month to go before she gets to Italy.

Your Vienna show will be just fine :thumbsup:

I know of this policy but this is not being applied here. You can even get BATCHES of Gold Circle tickets which are usually sold out within minutes.

I called the stadium but didn't get any concrete info they just confirmed that ticket sales were unexpectedly slow but couldn't tell me how many were sold or if there are any promo plans. FYI the stadium has a capacity of 52 000

i was in vienna (one of my favorite towns) on S&S concert and it was horrible. it really was a big big fiasco. i was first raw so i could enjoy in M

BUT

she was singing like a cow..i was emberresed and crowd was even worse..can you imagine all those people just stareing like zombies - not singing - not reacting - nothing. i was sure she ll never go back there. it was terrible.

but ofcourse. as madonna fan i didn t care to much. i m just happy when i m able to see her in anyway.

Of course I was at the 2008 show as well, also GC, which is why I referred to it as the 2008 debacle :lol:

In retrospect it's kind of funny how bad it all was, back then I was :confused: and so embarrassed

It was by far the worst concert I was ever at. Everything that could go wrong went wrong and it was a combination of sub-par Madonna (yes, I was embarrassed for her as well), sub-par audience (mostly just there to 'see that Madonna') and most of all sub-par venue (a plain field :manson: )that made it that awful. The public's perception of her still hasn't recovered from that and media still go on about it whenever they write about her. Add to that that hardly anybody even knows she's coming and the sluggish ticket sales are no mystery

From what I read on here it seems the only other comparable Euro city in that respect is Brussels. I was surprised that she'd even come back here

ANYWAY ... I will remain optimistic. Maybe they'll start plastering the city with posters and start running TV ads once the tour kicks off

It's just that the tour is not turning out as great for me personally as I'd hoped :(

I'll have to go to the Vienna show on my own as none of my local friends are willing to pay that much and the other day my best friend who was supposed to go to Barcelona with me cancelled so I have to go alone to that one as well.

Anyone in need of a Barcelona general admission ticket (June 20)? I now have a spare one :(

Everything that could go wrong went wrong and it was a combination of sub-par Madonna (yes, I was embarrassed for her as well), sub-par audience (mostly just there to 'see that Madonna') and most of all sub-par venue (a plain field :manson: )that made it that awful. The public's perception of her still hasn't recovered from that.

Yes, the same thing happened over here.

She should sing something Austrian ppl can related to e.g. Deeper & Deeper... When you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything...Doe, A deer, a female deer

It may help in moving the ticket sales... :dazed:

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt they would cancel it. It must have sold enough for them to keep it on the schedule. I think as long as she sells like 25,000 to 30,000 for a stadium show, she'll still do it even if the capacity is double that. Look at Zaragosa or Udine from S&S part 2.

I doubt they would cancel it. It must have sold enough for them to keep it on the schedule. I think as long as she sells like 25,000 to 30,000 for a stadium show, she'll still do it even if the capacity is double that. Look at Zaragosa or Udine from S&S part 2.

Actually per Billboard S&S had only 1 show over a total of 85 which wasn't a sell-out: Saville (82%)

Udine for sure was just as packed as the two other concerts she performed in Milan and Rome during S&S.

Several of my friends ( lifelong M fans) were scarred the S&S tour experience and decided to sit this one out expecting more of the same. Will be a smaller group of us attending the show compared to previous tours . the good news.....had a few frantic 911's about where to get tickets after the rehearsal pics hit the web....I think most shows will sell out as the tour gets underway and the media coverage rolls in.

gaga as the "new generations alternative to M" ? ..also an impact on sales and interest? quite possible.....the bitter fan wars probably don't help things.

This concert MUST NOT be cancelled at all!

I'm flying from Rio de Janeiro to see her in Vienna!!! And I know some italian guys who live close to Austria also going to the concert...i actually choose this concert because it was really easy to buy the tickets compared to other concerts...my friends commented about being expensive. I'm sorry about it, but now we brazilians have the money lol.

Anyway, i really don't care if is gonna be empty or not, because i have a front row ticket and i will of course set the hysteric climate!

BTW, it should be cancelled already if sales were so bad! Madonna and I will rock Vienna!! :vogue:

Actually per Billboard S&S had only 1 show over a total of 85 which wasn't a sell-out: Saville (82%)

That's a wash. Lots of dates didn't sell the stadium capacity and they were called sellouts. I think just because Live Nation calls it a "sell out" doesn't mean they sold all the tickets they had up for sale. They were practically giving them away in Zaragoza.

Udine for sure was just as packed as the two other concerts she performed in Milan and Rome during S&S.

The local Udine paper said that all but 2,000 tickets were sold for the show. This would be approximately 38,000 in attendance (since the stadium holds 40,000). Boxscore ended up saying 28,000 tickets were sold for Udine.

Any updates? :dramatic:

Are there any updates on how ticket sales are doing for this show?

It's still pretty much the same, judging from the ticket vendor's site. I haven't called them again yet though. I just tried and you can still get tickets for ALL categories including Golden Circle - even larger amounts. But as I'd previously said, I try to remain positive and optimistic.

I simply fail to understand why it's so hard to put up some posters in the city and run some TV and radio ads so that people might be aware there IS a Madonna concert :dazed:

i wanna buy a tivket for vienna show..(again)

last sticky and sweet was terrible..but..anyway i wanna go again!!!

can you buy it for me if i send you money? :D

You can buy tickets really easily online via the OEticket.com site. Let me know if you need help.

I guess that's what happens when the album flops (due to lack of promotion). People may not be that interested. Add to that the RIDICULOUSLY HIGH prices (not just in Vienna, in general). I'm terrified when I think of the ticket prices for the next tour. :scared: I need to start saving money NOW cause I want to see her again before she dies I die.

There's still time left. She'll sell out eventually.

+ going to stadiums instead of arenas.madonna´s shows , with the clothes, the choreography, and madonna herself, is worth 400 euros if she´s close.I hope they learn for the next one.In fact, maybe the next time, in europe, she should do one ala Michael or prince, and stay in one place for two months

they were 35.000 tickets sold for zaragoza, and, as it wasnñt a stadium or nothing built, it should count as Sold out!

It's still pretty much the same, judging from the ticket vendor's site. I haven't called them again yet though. I just tried and you can still get tickets for ALL categories including Golden Circle - even larger amounts. But as I'd previously said, I try to remain positive and optimistic.

I simply fail to understand why it's so hard to put up some posters in the city and run some TV and radio ads so that people might be aware there IS a Madonna concert :dazed:

You can buy tickets really easily online via the OEticket.com site. Let me know if you need help.

With the interactive seating map feature, it seems like some sections are sold out (some of the cheap ones & some of the VIP ones), but there are some others that say what seems like 99 of 99 available :scared: I don't know why the promoter isn't pushing sales at the very least with a little bit a promo & if not, by reducing prices. :|

they were 35.000 tickets sold for zaragoza, and, as it wasnñt a stadium or nothing built, it should count as Sold out!

didn't she perform in three different stadiums in spain for the SAME leg though?

That's a wash. Lots of dates didn't sell the stadium capacity and they were called sellouts. I think just because Live Nation calls it a "sell out" doesn't mean they sold all the tickets they had up for sale. They were practically giving them away in Zaragoza.

The local Udine paper said that all but 2,000 tickets were sold for the show. This would be approximately 38,000 in attendance (since the stadium holds 40,000). Boxscore ended up saying 28,000 tickets were sold for Udine.

uhmmm from pics and footage of all the single gigs they don't appear anything other than packed

I would say 38,000 over 40,000 is practically a sell-out

It does make the all Billboard Boxscore thing kind of pointless otherwise

didn't she perform in three different stadiums in spain for the SAME leg though?

5 and Zaragoza was a sell-out. Saville out of the 5 was the only more problematic one and Billboard boxscore aside, it was the only one to be mentioned by the press in this sense

Seville, Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Zaragoza :thumbsup:

Olympic Stadium Sevilla 47,712 / 59,258 (82%) $4,874,380

Circuito Ricardo Tormo Cheste Valencia 50,143 / 50,143 (100%) $4,941,98

Olympic Stadium Barcelona 44,811 / 44,811 (100%) $5,010,557

Vicente Calderón Stadium Madrid 31,941 / 31,941 (100%) $4,109,791

Recinto de la Feria de Zaragoza Zaragoza 30,940 / 30,940 (100%) $2,015,38