MDNA Album Thread

Butter9

Madonna was already falling in love with British (or English, more specifically) culture before she met Guy. Guy is a very old fashioned public schoolboy charmer - it is very easy to see why she fell in love with him (he reminds me of some of my 'posh' exes). Of course he is also easy on the eye and that helps with Madonna an immense deal as we know. But English men like Guy can be very 'set' in their ways (i.e. inflexible) and the "charm" that seems so enticing in the beginning can quickly wear off after a few years of marriage and reveal itself to be plain old selfishness, grumpiness and inflexibility. It's life, unfortunately. Nothing lasts forever.

not to mention the fact he was nowhere to be found for the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION!!!! no wonder she didn't even whisper his name.

The marriage was already over by then.

I mean you could soooooooo tell she was uncomfortable just to be MADONNA....watch "I'm going to tell you the secret" when she is backstage before VOGUE....looking amazing in LACROIX........she just couldn't be MADONNA....it was like a lesser version.......so that he wouldn't feel threatned or overshadowed.....he influenced her with his nonsense.......shooting birds...the ugly clothes etc...

And what about COAD? Did Guy aprove the purple leotard???

I think the Perfections on a Dance Floor and Perfections Tour were the beginning of the end tbh. I remember we were all kinda surprised when Madonna unleashed her inner slut once again for the costumes and behaved pretty raunchy onstage. It was a pretty big about-face. At that point, we were used to her looking... Lets face it, kinda uptight.

My favorite moment was in '09 when a British journalist axed her "so do you miss the London life and the pubs?" Her quick response: "No."

:lmao:

Guest Not4Pussies

I think the Perfections on a Dance Floor and Perfections Tour were the beginning of the end tbh. I remember we were all kinda surprised when Madonna unleashed her inner slut once again for the costumes and behaved pretty raunchy onstage. It was a pretty big about-face. At that point, we were used to her looking... Lets face it, kinda uptight.

My favorite moment was in '09 when a British journalist axed her "so do you miss the London life and the pubs?" Her quick response: "No."

yes, Hung Up was her coming out song.

and Drowned World and Re-Invention were pretty serious and uptight.

yes, Hung Up was her coming out song.

and Drowned World and Re-Invention were pretty serious and uptight.

But why would anyone want Madonna to stay under one shade over and over again? That's the beauty of the "Madonna magic;" she's constantly different, there are so many polar vibes and themes. If I'm sad, I have that Madonna. If I'm horny, I have that Madonna. That is the sole reason why I am a huge Madonna fan and a member of this website.....don't discount anything from her catalogue.

not to mention the fact he was nowhere to be found for the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION!!!! no wonder she didn't even whisper his name.

The marriage was already over by then

They singned the papers on may

Guest Not4Pussies

there's going to be a listening party in NY in about 2 hours.

this guy is attending

Sergio Kletnoy

@SergioKletnoy

Guest groovyguy

there's going to be a listening party in NY in about 2 hours.

this guy is attending

Sergio Kletnoy

@SergioKletnoy

https://twitter.com/#!/sergiokletnoy

Picture_3_reasonably_small.png

Sergio Kletnoy @SergioKletnoy

Marie Claire & Daily Front Row's man about town. Pop culture junkie, ♥♥♥♥♥ Madonna, AbFab, Bloody Mary's & Seinfeld!

New York FU★★★★G City · http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/search?q=sergio+says

Sergio Kletnoy ‏ @SergioKletnoy

C'mon, is the apology 2 monsters really necessary? LOL RT @AttitudeMag: Very 1st review of #Madonna's MDNA album! attitude.co.uk/viewers/viewco

from DrownedMadonna:

EXCLUSIVE - A few months ago we exclusively revealed the lyrics of Madonna's Bang Bang demo. That song has completely changed and brought to life Gang Bang, co-written with Mika and co-produced with the Demolition Crew (Demacio Demo Castellon, Mike Anthony, Square Boogie and Jax) and William Orbit. We can now reveal juicy details on Gang Bang.

Both Bang Bang and the final version now titled Gang Bang are very different from Give Me All Your Luvin' and Girl Gone Wild. Bang Bang was a mid-tempo song featuring a sample synth piano, which is now disappeared on Gang Bang. If the demo was someway similar to certain Mika songs, without the typical happiness, now Gang Bang is very theatrical and electronic. Now the lyrics are presented in a new manner in Gang Bang. Part of them are compeltey new and the chorus has changed. But, if some of the lyrics are the pretty the same, the whole thing is very different and absolutely more dramatic and violent. The song is now very dark, also thanks to the new beat. One of the biggest difference, it is that Madonna is now mostly speaking gently over the track in a Kill Bill like fashion. "Bang Bang, shot you dead, my lover in the head. Bang Bang, shot you dead and I never regret
," Madonna says in the chorus.

As the song progressives, so does Madonna. Her voice gets much more aggressive, and it's clear she is out to take revenge on her past lover. "I'm going straight to hell, and I've got a lot of friends there," Madonna says. "If I see that bitch in hell, I'm gonna shoot him in the head again, 'cause I wanna see him die. Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over."

The end is terrific, and it may cause controversies, especially because it is a woman to express this way. Someway, it may be compared to the video of What It Feels Like For A Girl . "I said drive bitch. And while you're at it, die bitch. Now if you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch."

The production is very good. Gang Bang is very different from everything Madonna ever done before. Be ready to be completely blown away!!

OMG :dramatic:

I smell a tour interlude

I agree. Confessions was her going back to being Madonna, even if her husband thought less of it.

I think the scene in IGTTYAS where he's singing pub songs while she sinks into the background said it all.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

all these reviews and talk of listening parties are making me so wet. :sassy:

i wish they would just release the damn thing now.

dark AND cougar madonna in one album?!?!

tumblr_lpmpfwBWhJ1qc93th.gif

I'm crying...dont call me crazy, im going thru alot right now

But im so happy to be around ppl who love madonna as much as I do. My whole dorm trashes her but when I come on here, I feel the love and support and the happiness. you all adore her just as I do. for so many years. I cant help but smile and my heart warms. Each and every one of you, I appreciate you.

Thank you for loving madonna as much as you do. It's such a good feeling to share the love.

Bring on MDNA

But im so happy to be around ppl who love madonna as much as I do. My whole dorm trashes her but when I come on here, I feel the love and support and the happiness. you all adore her just as I do. for so many years. I cant help but smile and my heart warms. Each and every one of you, I appreciate you.

Thank you for loving madonna as much as you do. It's such a good feeling to share the love.

Bring on MDNA

4454179935_0db6ec7dfd_z.jpg

hahahahahah :lmao: Mine was during the Sticky & Sweet tour when she was singing Dress you up and she grabbed her nose while singing this line "All your suits are custom made in London..." [Nods and grabs nose like saying it smells there...] :lmao:

Bring on MDNA

What a lovely post. :)

Bring on MDNA

:kiss2:hug.gif