Should Madonna have a small tribute to Whitney in the new tour?

Apples388

no, then she should also pay hommage to amy winehouse and who knows who. it's sad and tragic whitney lost her life but i dont'see the point of doing a muscial hommage. if she wants to pay hommage she should do it know through a statement. a musical hommage in summer is, like said, too long after the actual passing of Whitney.

No, I couldnt stand that horrid tribute for the pedophile in the last concert. MJ hated madonna, i dont know why she even bothered.

as far as whitney goes, i dont think its necessary.

I don't see the Whitney thing either. I think she did the MJ tribute because he was supposed to be on that O2 London stage a few days later. So therefore it was somehow fitting. And it wasn't a big deal anyway. A dancer was doing some moonwalking.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

She did the MJ thing because he was the KING and she was the QUEEN and that is fucking that. He was her male counterpart as far as superstar status goes, everyone always knew it and clearly she did too. I also think she saw something unique in him, like most other people did as well. It's hard not to grow up with MJ in the scene and not be somewhat impressed by his talent, especially as a little boy. Anyway, it's not like she did some BIG tribute anyway, she didn't, she gave a quick nod to MJ on tour and that was that.

Whitney is nothing to Madonna, there is no connection, other than Whitney outselling her at one point because housewives craved cheesy r&b ballads, that's about it.

"The fascist state of Toronto." :rotfl:

+ she's tried to make it up to us ever since.

She's forgiven us, we've forgiven her, we have a symbiotic relationship tbh. :canada:

Toronto is close, spiritually, to Madonna...are you? 24ys3r4.jpg

When MJ died everyone wanted to do some type of tribute to him, but hardly anyone actually did anything. I'm sure it will be the same for Whitney. She shouldn't do anything.

Guest bluejean

I think she did the MJ tribute because he was supposed to be on that O2 London stage a few days later. So therefore it was somehow fitting.

Also, she was going to appear at one of his shows as confirmed by Guy.

I wouldn't mind if Madonna did a Whitney tribute, but she isn't obligated too. With MJ, it made sense. She always respected his talent and they were and are the King and Queen of Pop. There's a definite connection there in more ways than one. Madonna was definitely genuinely upset over MJ's passing. Whitney & Madonna didn't have that much of a connection apart from the fact that they both are two of the most successful female artits ever.

However, as someone else said, if Madonna did a mini tribute to her in New Jersey when the tour stops there, I think that would be nice. Or maybe if she commented on her passing and said a few kind words (which I'm sure she will be asked about Whitney eventually) then I think that would be fine. Nothing wrong with Madonna acknowledging Whit.

• 3 weeks later...

+ she's tried to make it up to us ever since.

She's forgiven us, we've forgiven her, we have a symbiotic relationship tbh. :canada:

Toronto is close, spiritually, to Madonna...are you? 24ys3r4.jpg

THANKS for posting those clips MadFan! I had never seen those. You brightened up my boring Saturday night at home. Now I'll head over to you tube and search for more clips of Madonna chatting it up between songs.

She could hold a speech:

'...And like Nippy, I too fucked Bobby Brown, in the back of a limo when I was the opening act for New Edition...'

is this true??? god, this woman needs an autobioghrapy badly!!!!! she needs to autobiographies: one for her music, and other for her sexlife...

anyways, no, I donñt think she should have a tribute for whitney, maybe in New yersey if she goes there, but I don´t think so (or in an interlude, if the topic is related...)

is this true??? god, this woman needs an autobioghrapy badly!!!!! she needs to autobiographies: one for her music, and other for her sexlife...

anyways, no, I donñt think she should have a tribute for whitney, maybe in New yersey if she goes there, but I don´t think so (or in an interlude, if the topic is related...)

Well it was reported in 2009 that this will b in the Bobby Brown book...& get this...Bobby allegedly dumped her 4 JAnet :lmao:

& when Janet dumped Bobby he took 2 alcohol :lmao::lmao:

Why would she pay tribute to Whitney? she wasn't a friend nor an inspiration to her. It wouldn't make sense

Why would she pay tribute to Whitney? she wasn't a friend nor an inspiration to her. It wouldn't make sense

Because she was the divine inspiration behind Born this Way Express Yourself. :fag: