Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Nicki's album sold almost 400k on the first week, Madonna will never beat that.

Pink Friday did yes, but that doesn't mean anything. It was her first solo album and the hype was MASSIVE, it was to be expected.

her singles haven't been doing that well, and the album has already been pushed back once.

Not saying Nicki won't do great numbers though.

Pink Friday did yes, but that doesn't mean anything. It was her first solo album and the hype was MASSIVE, it was to be expected.

her singles haven't been doing that well, and the album has already been pushed back once.

Not saying Nicki won't do great numbers though.

And wasn't Pink Friday released during the holiday season when numbers are higher anyways?

Guest groovyguy

There still has not been an official press release announcing the album release date- 4/3 just happened to be posted on some sites for pre-order. So, yah, the final date may not be 4/3.

That is a tentative date.

rol didnt sel 400 k. it was smth like 372 k? but it ended up outselling most of her albums and it wasnt even number 1. quality always sells with m. i think the word of mouth also sold coadf. if she delivers she ll sell.

rol didnt sel 400 k. it was smth like 372 k? but it ended up outselling most of her albums and it wasnt even number 1. quality always sells with m. i think the word of mouth also sold coadf. if she delivers she ll sell.

and the grammies, madonna doing more promotion than ever, going to the tv shows to talk about the album...

as I have not listened to GMAYL as of yet- that remix was a semi-spoiler, so I shut it right off. :)

Nobody has ..just a crap demo :grr:

And with all due respect anything that is dubbed a 2012 promo will more than likely have NEW music involved :)

Guest bluejean

If Queen BItch was here he would have plenty to say about all

the guests Madonna is teaming up with.

Feel free to copy and paste :lol:

I still dont know who she is? :lol:

I know who she is but I can't name a single song she's done. She was all over the press last year but her songs don't seem to have made much of an impression.

Same with MIA. I've heard her name for sevearl years but I can't think of a single song she's done.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

this waiting is killing me.

i need next friday to get here pronto. at least then, it should stay (hopefully) eventful until the album release with remixes, video, promo etc. :dramatic:

I know who she is but I can't name a single song she's done. She was all over the press last year but her songs don't seem to have made much of an impression.

Same with MIA. I've heard her name for sevearl years but I can't think of a single song she's done.

I still don't know much about Nicki either. I saw her on Ellen and officially confirmed she was terrible but that I thought she was beautiful ( before, well she already had work done, but before her boobs were re-done). Than I saw her at the opening of the VMA's and was like, "omfg what is this shit performance?!" and then finally, more recently was about to watch her "stupid hoe" video (because Super Bowl was mentioned) but it didn't work so instead I just read all the comments about how terrible it was. Her voice is irritating. She can't rap. Her image is pathetic. Her performances suck bad.

Maybe in Madonna-world, because it is Madonna, I'll enjoy her rap? I doubt it but as we all say, Madonna knows what she's doing whether or not many of us here are hating this whole set up lately..I just want the Superbowl to come...for the game, not Madonna's party with LMFAO +other colorful talentless guests.

I still don't know much about Nicki either. I saw her on Ellen and officially confirmed she was terrible but that I thought she was beautiful ( before, well she already had work done, but before her boobs were re-done). Than I saw her at the opening of the VMA's and was like, "omfg what is this shit performance?!" and then finally, more recently was about to watch her "stupid hoe" video (because Super Bowl was mentioned) but it didn't work so instead I just read all the comments about how terrible it was. Her voice is irritating. She can't rap. Her image is pathetic. Her performances suck bad.

Maybe in Madonna-world, because it is Madonna, I'll enjoy her rap? I doubt it but as we all say, Madonna knows what she's doing whether or not many of us here are hating this whole set up lately..I just want the Superbowl to come...for the game, not Madonna's party with LMFAO +other colorful talentless guests.

It seems Nicki is more successful as a "featured" artist on someone else's track. Though, a number of her solo songs did well on the Rap charts. "Super Bass" tends to be a more successful on a number of genres and top 40. I am not a fan of her music, but when she actually SINGS, she is pleasantly decent. I can't get into her rapping. And when I heard and saw the video for "Stupid Hoe" I thought it was the most ignorant song ever. Though, there are thousands who will disagree with me. The title and the context of the song will no doubt raise eyebrows. It seemed to me that it was purposely orchestrated to gain attention to her new album coming out.

I'm hoping her involvement is more on the singing side of things, but I doubt it will be.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

nicki's not as bad as she's being made out to be here.

honestly, i'd rather her work with other females than grinding up on beiber or something. i didn't mind justin's involvement on HC really, but to me, it just fits better having nicki and mia. i dunno.