Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

iTunes did that with Hard Candy. Those ten million remixes for 4 Min with "Ring My Whistle" tagged at the end.....

oh, i remember. *shudder* like i said, i hope it's different this time. i usually end up buying the remix packages anyway, but they DON'T be long on the album. i know it's taboo to bring up other artists here, but most deluxe editions have NEW songs on them. interscope seems good about that. so we'll see...

Not much infos on MDNA but since Danja (who is remixing M.I.A's new single) has been reported as the sound engineer i checked his website and found out that he also had a hand in producing the unreleased (and leaked) tracks she did with Timbaland >

Madonna – 4 Minutes (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Latte(La La) (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Animal (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Across the Sky (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Across the Sky (alternate/mastered) (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Miles Away (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You (prod with Timbaland)

Madonna – Voices (prod with Timbaland)

Uhm, isn't PURPLE a kind of marijuana? Stone Temple Pilots named their sophomore album after it.

Well she made a reference to a drink with "pour up.."

I'd think Minaj would sell more in the USA during the first week- would Interscope really want Madge's album to miss the top spot?

That's what I'm wondering. If that is the actual release date, that's pretty stupid of Interscope. Madonna needs to set them straight!

Guest groovyguy

http://popcrush.com/madonna-super-bowl-performance-pom-poms/

...Madonna was more forthcoming about reconnecting with producer William Orbit for her upcoming ‘M.D.N.A.‘ album. Orbit co-wrote hits like ‘Ray of Light’ and ‘Beautiful Stranger’ when they teamed up in the late ’90s.

“We just got together and started working on stuff,” she explained. “We’ve worked on stuff for so many years that we kind of finish each other’s sentences. He knows my taste and what I like. Magic happens when we get into a recording studio together.”

M.I.A. is releasing a single next week. It's called Bad Girls and was featured on her Vicki Leekx mixtape. The video is being released on the 3rd of February.

Nicki Minaj is also releasing a single (next week I think) called Va Va Voom, which is expected to have the same impact date as GMAYL (Feb. 7th). Her album is tentatively scheduled to be released the 3rd of April, which is the rumored date of M.D.N.A's release. But, again, that's just the rumored date.

I doubt both of their singles will have any effect on GMAYL.

New MIA this year? Awesome!

Album out this summer!

I hope Nicki asks her label to *not* release her album on the same day that M.D.N.A drops.I don't want nothing to stand in the way of Madonna having a Number One album.She and Madonna are friends,so I doubt that she would want to release her album on the same date,anyway.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

even if the albums (nicki' and M.D.N.A) are released on the same day, i doubt nicki will debut ahead of madonna. the album was obviously pushed back because the 'promo' singles released so far are shit and flopping all over the place. unless she has something up her sleeve with this 'va va voom' crap, i doubt she has a chance at the number one spot. we'll see.

Guest bluejean

If the bonus songs are going to be as good as 'Ring By Bell' or the majority of the Hard Candy leaks I'd prefer they not bother. Quality over quantity!

Not much infos on MDNA but since Danja (who is remixing M.I.A's new single) has been reported as the sound engineer i checked his website and found out that he also had a hand in producing the unreleased (and leaked) tracks she did with Timbaland >

I don't know if i'm reading this correctly but Danja will be one of the sound engineers for "M.D.N.A" ?!?!?!?!?

:dramatic:

I seriously hope so!

Same here. In a perfect world him and madonna would have done HC without Timbaland and Justin. He brings out those agressively exquisite other worldly beats.

There still has not been an official press release announcing the album release date- 4/3 just happened to be posted on some sites for pre-order. So, yah, the final date may not be 4/3.

Surely they will tell us by next week or at the Super Bowl press conference. It seems weird we don't have a solid date yet...the album is most certainly finished.

New MIA this year? Awesome!

I didnt know MIA also has a new album out soon of her own so I thought what she shared there was a little teaser for GAYL. (notice the person next to her is covered) guess not :)

I don't know if i'm reading this correctly but Danja will be one of the sound engineers for "M.D.N.A" ?!?!?!?!?

That's great news.I like his work on Hard Candy,especially the last minute of "Miles Away".Those are his beats.

Same here. In a perfect world him and madonna would have done HC without Timbaland and Justin. He brings out those agressively exquisite other worldly beats.

Danja is one talented dude.It would be interesting to see him produce Madonna with no help from Timbaland and Justin.

I think popeline must have misunderstood something.

Danja was never reported to be involved with M.D.N.A..

However, Demo Castellon was confirmed by William Orbit to be mixing the album, or at least parts of it.

He also worked on the Timbaland tracks on Hard Candy and did the Rebirth remixes of "4 Minutes" and "Miles Away".

Apparently, his wife, Nelly Furtado, dropped by the studio while they were recording.

I think popeline must have misunderstood something.

Danja was never reported to be involved with M.D.N.A..

However, Demo Castellon was confirmed by William Orbit to be mixing the album, or at least parts of it.

He also worked on the Timbaland tracks on Hard Candy and did the Rebirth remixes of "4 Minutes" and "Miles Away".

Apparently, his wife, Nelly Furtado, dropped by the studio while they were recording.

Exactly, thank you for clarifying my mistake, i got mixed up :/

(Well on the other hand Danja produced MIA's new album so all is notlost for his fans on this board^^)