Full GMAYL DEMO leak!

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I just dont see it... plus anything associated with Kanye West should be rapidly forgotten.

If "Beat Goes On" had been released as the second single from Hard Candy,it would have been a major hit in America.

Only just heard the full demo and hmmm... there's some parts of it which I think is pretty good.. it is catchy enough though, but it's like she's trying too hard to fit in to the current pop market with the lyrics, and it just doesn't sound very her. I think it needs a bit of guitar in there somewhere actually, some rock 'n roll, in fact, I wonder how it would sound as a rock track with a proper band, y'know?

I kinda agree. It has no teeth. It's like soft vagina-flavored sherbert. She needs to kick our asses with something, not flog us with wet spaghetti.

I wish she'd have done an industrial poprock album with a lyrical emphasis on her divorce.

I kinda agree. It has no teeth. It's like soft vagina-flavored sherbert. She needs to kick our asses with something, not flog us with wet spaghetti.

I feel the same way.The song is simply too lightweight.It needs something else (a brief rap from Nicki Minaj? A blazing guitar solo?) to really make it sizzle.

Guest SuperPop

People here were worried about her jumping on the Gaga bandwagon or trying to compete with her. This song could not be more different than something Gaga would do.

she did worse...she jumped on the Katy Perry route

at least it is much better than 'Candy Shop'

I wish she'd have done an industrial poprock album with a lyrical emphasis on her divorce.

How could she do that and still have it sound like a Madonna record? She has to be herself and industrial music just isn't Madonna. And why does everyone want to pry into her most personal painful moments? She's moved on with her life. I don't think it's healthy for her to keep rehashing the details of her divorce just for the entertainment of some people here. It's like some people want her to be miserable.

she did worse...she jumped on the Katy Perry route

Which Katy Perry song do you think it sounds like? It doesn't sound like any of Katy's songs I'm familiar with. Madonna's singing style is nothing like Katy's. I guess maybe it has some similiarity because it has somewhat of a rock/dance fusion like Katy. But I don't think it sounds like Katy's music at all.

I just want to know from people that hate the song, what type of song would you have preferred? I don't know what people want. They complained that HC she wasn't being Madonna, but when she does a song that references 80's Madonna, they hate that too.

I hope she doesn't do that, but she would look pretty good considering how premium her legs are :wow:

The cameltoe will not lose this incredible opportunity! :wow:

Nobody looks good onstage singing in a cheerleading costume... nobody.

I agree.Let's hope that Madonna doesn't go this route :lol: How silly will it look for her,Nicki and M.I.A to be prancing around in cheerleading outfits?

You know... this sounds exatcly like if she did this as a pure intro to the super bowl performance... that would make sense, incorporate lyrics from your old songs, your own name... the breakdown... could be that this song was made specifically for that purpouse.

Considering this was blaring out of her London house in August, that's kind of unlikely, isn't it (unless she was locked in for Superbowl six months ago).

The Italian guy who posted the detailed review yesterday was right on the money. Insanely catchy, sticks in your head, nothing ground breaking but heaps of fun :) The guitars are great, the melody is simple but effective and the spelling in the bridge (followed by the words that would normally precede the spelt words) is clever. I also really like the pared down instrumentation leading out of the bridge into the final proper chorus :) Oh, and another attribute in its favour - just like everything Madonna has released for the past 20 years, it's dividing people ;)

The first time I ever heard LAP, I thought to myself, "It's good, but it's definitely not as good as her older stuff". I remember saying to a friend, "The chorus is great, but why are the verses so slow?" I soon changed my mind and to this day, it remains my most favourite song of all time. I'm not saying that GMALY is a classic, but it's certainly worthy of inclusion in the catalogue of the most amazing entertainer in the history of recorded music :)

Thanks for sharing the full song! It will be interesting to see how Universal deals with this leak. Surely there would be a digital fingerprint on the track that they could track? There's no harm whatsoever in rush releasing it to iTunes and radio now, although the problem will be the lack of a video. If this is a genuine leak, then someone's head will roll for letting a digital version leave a secure network.

I agree. It could still have the electronic influence in there, but where the chorus and verses are they need to bring in some real instruments, bring in the guitars and drums etc and just blow everyone away. She gets the guitar out and rocks out on stage sometimes on tour, then she should at least have that influence on her new record as well somewhere. It would be great. Yeah, let's us see Madonna have some teeth!

I like guitar based rock, but as we all know and have seen in her past concerts, it doesn't really work for her. The harder rock arrangements don't work with her voice. I think the song does a great job of incorporating some guitars and a slight rock feeling but not going overboard with it so it's not Madonna anymore.

How could she do that and still have it sound like a Madonna record? She has to be herself and industrial music just isn't Madonna.

"Candy Perfume Girl" worked for me, and so did the heavily electronic guitar pieces of "Miles Away" (outro) and the dark Girlie Show version of "Justify My Love" which had an industrial bent.

And why does everyone want to pry into her most personal painful moments? She's moved on with her life. I don't think it's healthy for her to keep rehashing the details of her divorce just for the entertainment of some people here. It's like some people want her to be miserable.

Because Like A Prayer and Ray of Light are her most introspective albums and they rock. I don't mind some fluff now and then, but we've kinda been without a 3-dimensional Madonna for awhile now. Unless you thought "Celebration" was a moving experience.

:lol::lmao:

this thread is so amusing!

more amusing are those who are eating their nails out praying this is not the actual song :lmao:

others defending it not being the real thing :lol:

and the random pop princess stans popping up to throw hate :lmao:

truly Madge can still put people to love and hate after all these years, but never indifferent :clap:

its actually getting harder to listen to each time lol. 4m at least had some dimensions to it lol. far as it being ALL M- the only way its doing that is truly reminding me of Jimmy Jimmy lol

Guest SuperPop

Which Katy Perry song do you think it sounds like? It doesn't sound like any of Katy's songs I'm familiar with. Madonna's singing style is nothing like Katy's. I guess maybe it has some similiarity because it has somewhat of a rock/dance fusion like Katy. But I don't think it sounds like Katy's music at all.

it's an amalgamation of the Katy Perry silly pop/rock style of songs (see 'Last Friday Night') and 'Hello' by Martin Solveig