Madonna NEW ALBUM Thread: Updates and Rumours

horn

Don't really remember reading any comments about "her best work" for Hard candy, Confessions, and definitely not American Life. So it's nice to have that coming from someone rather than the artist herself for this new album. At least she's not proclaiming it "The best album of the decade"...

For AMERICAN LIFE there was..

Don't really remember reading any comments about "her best work" for Hard candy, Confessions, and definitely not American Life. So it's nice to have that coming from someone rather than the artist herself for this new album. At least she's not proclaiming it "The best album of the decade"...

While American Life, Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy all received mixed reviews by Danish critics, there were some reviewers who considered Hard Candy her best album to date. The same goes for American Life.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Or back to her roots. :lmao:

When Confessions came out, she was going back to her dance roots.

When Hard Candy came out, she was going back to her r&b roots.

Now i read an article the other day where Give Me A Bucket is a return to her electronic roots.

:rotfl:

Did she release 3 different albums at once when she first came out?, that's a lot of roots.

I REALLY do think Hard Candy was back to her roots in a lot of ways. She started making simple, straight forward, R&B influenced pop songs without a lot of bells and whistles and that's what Hard Candy was. I never thought COADF was "back to her roots" as it was too electronic and lyrically nothing like (for the most part) her early work.

Maybe when they say she's going back to her "electronic" roots with this new one, they mean ROL. After all, that is when she started getting into electronic music very heavily.

When Confessions came out, she was going back to her dance roots.

When Hard Candy came out, she was going back to her r&b roots.

Now i read an article the other day where Give Me A Bucket is a return to her electronic roots.

:rotfl:

Did she release 3 different albums at once when she first came out?, that's a lot of roots.

:lmao:

Thought we talked about the buzz before the album dropped here...

While American Life, Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy all received mixed reviews by Danish critics, there were some reviewers who considered Hard Candy her best album to date. The same goes for American Life.

the buzz for american life was that warner was sending her back to fix things and didn't want to pay what her album cover shoot was costing- that was ALs buzz :lol:

fans defended HC as sounding like her 80s or pre-fame tracks rather than hardcore gangsta rap.

the only time I remember M or her people putting anything like that out there was for Bedtime Stories, that it was supposed to be a return to the sort of album she made with Like A Virgin (which didn't end up being the case really, IMO)

this is a danish

danish.jpg

Well if she did write a ballad for the movie then it will be eligible for best song during the next awards season (Globes & Oscars) since the movie is released on december 9th in selected areas for a one week run. AND we should be hearing it soon.

Guest groovyguy

It's called PR just like Born this Way is the best album of the decade(yeah right it's not even the best album of this year LOL)

Isn't there a difference in calling it her best album yet and calling it the best album of the decade? Also, let's not forget that Rich and Tone Talauega are dancers and her choreographers and they are probably speaking from their point of view as such. And neither Orbit nor Solveig called it the best album ever.

Isn't there a difference in calling it her best album yet and calling it the best album of the decade? Also, let's not forget that Rich and Tone Talauega are dancers and her choreographers and they are probably speaking from their point of view as such. And neither Orbit nor Solveig called it the best album ever.

These coreographers are VERY tired. She is with them since forever. :|

She should hire LaurieAnn Gibson, I hear she's looking for work.

:D:lmao:

Well does she still have that crappy, over the top ***ahem**** dance show?

Blerghhhh!!

Bitch better stay 10....100...10000....10000000000000 years away from Madonna!

Now this is very interesting news.

I was actually looking forward to this work.

Let's hope he's the one that's lying.

I don't see why both MadonnaTribe AND Madonnarama would be wrong.

MadonnaTribe have always been spot on with 99% of their exclusives.

And Madonnarama had quite a few accurate exclusives in the past few months.

So either he is fooling with us? Or maybe his songs were cut from the album?

Edited by Msig

this is a danish

danish.jpg

Ironically, 'Danish pastry' actally originates from Vienna - and in Danish, it's called "wienerbrød" (Viennese bread)...

Tnx god that Bennasi is NOT working with her.

She doesnt need a dj, she needs solid songwriters.

I m happy with Orbit AND Solveig. GMAYL may be a little bit infantile, but its infectious and fun. I d like to hear the final verson, but even if that is the final version its a good song much better than 4 minutes or anything on HC (minus TBGO and DWERY).

I REALLY do think Hard Candy was back to her roots in a lot of ways. She started making simple, straight forward, R&B influenced pop songs without a lot of bells and whistles and that's what Hard Candy was. I never thought COADF was "back to her roots" as it was too electronic and lyrically nothing like (for the most part) her early work.

Maybe when they say she's going back to her "electronic" roots with this new one, they mean ROL. After all, that is when she started getting into electronic music very heavily.

Yes, but if the sound of GMAYL is anything to do by, this record is more pop and less dance/house/electronic. It's more of a pop song with some guitars not wholly electronic. It's more similiar to her earliest hits than anything on HC. I never understood why people said HC was going back to her roots. Her early music wasn't really R&B at all it was pop/dance and even pop/rock with some live instruments and definitely not with rapping or a hip hop influence.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, "Give Me All Your Love" is just a DEMO!!! Why do you people keep picking it apart and complaining about "the direction of the album," "the sound sucks," "she's going more pop and not house/electro?!" You people are idiots, we were never supposed to hear that leak. There's a reason why it has yet to be released. IT'S NOT DONE YET!!! So quit your bitching, be patient, and prepare yourselves for another great Madonna album!!! NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Yes, but if the sound of GMAYL is anything to do by, this record is more pop and less dance/house/electronic. It's more of a pop song with some guitars not wholly electronic. It's more similiar to her earliest hits than anything on HC. I never understood why people said HC was going back to her roots. Her early music wasn't really R&B at all it was pop/dance and even pop/rock with some live instruments and definitely not with rapping or a hip hop influence.

I disagree.Her first album was very R&B.If you were listening to R&B radio in 1982/83,you would have heard many songs that sounded like "Lucky Star" and "Holiday".In fact,the song "Holiday" was offered to a few R&B singers before Madonna got her hands on it.Several tracks on HC capture the same feel of R&B from the early 80s ("Dance 2Night","Beat Goes On").The first time I ever heard a Madonna song,it was on an R&B station.

Yes, I can definitely hear the early Madonna sound in GMAYL. I'd say it's more the vocal delivery than the production though. I find her delivery of GMAYL to be a little less "mannered" than in recent years, including HC. As much as I adore everything (for the most part) post 1998, it does seem those Evita vocal lessons made her sound more self aware vocally on her albums....if that makes sense. To me the songs on the first album could be played with other popular club/dance/R&B songs of the day and not sound out of place. Songs like Lucky Star and Physical Attraction have such a funky kinda groove as does the instrumental to Everybody...very much so. LAV was slightly more polished but it still had a heavy R&B influence on it as practically all the members of Chic were involved. With True Blue was when she started sounding more straight forward pop and of course with LAP she veered more into pop/rock category than ever before. GMAYL reminds more of TB than the first album. It is more pop and less electronic but I think that little breakdown in the song may be a little hint as to some of what's gonna be on the album. Plus the names involved make it seem like it'll be heavier on the electronic music. Orbit may bring a little more organic sound to the album though.

You know, the more I read and hear about this album the more unsure I am of exactly how it will sound. The last time around we were pretty clear on what we could be getting, I truly don't know what to expect this time. Very exciting times!! Can't wait til we finally get this thing our hands!