THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

If a private remark by Madonna is posted on Twitter through her friends u betcha ass they wos told 2 do so.

Frigid has always been about playing the game...she wouldn't let a pussy fart rip unless Madonna gave her written consent :fag:

I totally agree and think it's hilarious. Don't worry, Gimmesomemo is just a bitter Gag fan. I love this so much. haha.

Guest Pud Whacker

If a private remark by Madonna is posted on Twitter through her friends u betcha ass they wos told 2 do so.

Frigid has always been about playing the game...she wouldn't let a pussy fart rip unless Madonna gave her written consent :fag:

:rotfl:

Liz Smith on Gaga: Desperately copying Madonna

Lady Gaga's controversial new video, "Alejandro," is controversial only if you’ve never seen ... a Madonna video! (From the Big M's greatest era) S&M ... homoeroticism ... startling religious imagery, etc. Gaga's latest effort calls to mind at least five of Madonna videos, including the black-and-white masterpiece, Vogue. I guess this is Gaga's homage to Madonna. Just as Madonna's Material Girl was an homage to Marilyn Monroe?

As for Madonna herself, she says she is "working harder than I have ever worked in my life," to put together the movie she will direct, W.E. Actually, that worries me. One of Madonna's most famous songs is Holiday, but the woman has rarely taken one in 25 years. If she’s working harder than ever now, she is going to have to be hospitalized by the time the movie is finished! (source: WoWoWow)

Guest Pud Whacker

Liz Smith on Gaga: Desperately copying Madonna

Lady Gaga's controversial new video, "Alejandro," is controversial only if you've never seen ... a Madonna video! (From the Big M's greatest era) S&M ... homoeroticism ... startling religious imagery, etc. Gaga's latest effort calls to mind at least five of Madonna videos, including the black-and-white masterpiece, Vogue. I guess this is Gaga's homage to Madonna. Just as Madonna's Material Girl was an homage to Marilyn Monroe?

As for Madonna herself, she says she is "working harder than I have ever worked in my life," to put together the movie she will direct, W.E. Actually, that worries me. One of Madonna's most famous songs is Holiday, but the woman has rarely taken one in 25 years. If she's working harder than ever now, she is going to have to be hospitalized by the time the movie is finished! (source: WoWoWow)

gotta love miss liz. :smooch:

its unfortunate camille paglia has been working on a book. no columns for a long time. she did say one thing about that ugly joanne. i cant remember it though - it was like take off the ugly stupid costumes. :lol:

love bolded. xooxoxo

But that Starlight person wasnt quoting GaGa herself. And two twitter posts by two different people going up at the same time saying the same thing? Of COURSE Madonna had them do it.

well it IS the video where Gaga is trying to be Madonna. Do you think she'd not catch it?

It's certainly a passive aggressive move. I understand wanting to lash out, but she has all the money in the world, endless resources, and is a legend. Why bother with some unattractive girl who's just trying to leave her mark on the world?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not at all threatened by GaGa. I think she makes very good pop songs and is deservedly the pop Queen of the moment but her latest video is such a blatant rip-off and they've denied it, I just thought it would be fun to have a mass posting on her sites to see the reaction.

I just find it funny how certain posters NEVER discuss these comparisons (or anything that could be perceived as bad about Gaga for that matter)...instead they avoid it and just throw insults to M fans at how threatened they are by Gaga. Rather transparent wouldn't you say??

I was responding to Gimme comparing this to Ke$ha dissing Justin Bieber via Twitter. The only thing we know for sure is that Madonna said something about Lady Gaga to her friend during a private conversation which she's entitled to do. There's no need to freak out like Madonna is on Twitter herself dissing Lady Gaga.

Who gives a rats ass anyway if Madonna is conversating or tweeting about Caca. She has every right to if she wants and i wish Lady Caca would stop appearing as topics on a Madonna board. Yuck!

I just find it funny how certain posters NEVER discuss these comparisons (or anything that could be perceived as bad about Gaga for that matter)...instead they avoid it and just throw insults to M fans at how threatened they are by Gaga. Rather transparent wouldn't you say??

They're all full of shit. I'm especially tired of the "M fans are threatened by Gaga" response. They use it to shut the conversation down, when they run out of a counter argument.

A counter argument to what? How many times GaGa has mentioned Madonna? Most of the 'arguments' are so hilariously insane, theyre not even worth addressing.

What he said.

The fact of the matter is that most of these comparisons HAVE been discussed by many of us, it's just that they tend to fall silent on the loud inane shouts of the "GAGA IS TRASH" brigade which constitutes 80 percent of this board's activity as of late.

If anyone has made this place into GagaNation, it's the haters. The rest of us are perfectly content only giving her the attention when it's deserved, not obsessing 24/7 on how inferior she may be to certain other pop stars.

of course they wouldn't discuss the comparisons. they know its true though. it's not just M fans saying it, it's everyone. bottom line is...they're hypocrites. perfect example...when xtina did nmt they were right there pointing out how she was ripping M off (myself included). yet when the shadow rips M off all the usual suspects deny it. i wonder why they deny it? maybe they're the ones who feel threatened because so many are now on to shadows game. :think: