Guy Oseary answers to the fans...

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Desmadonna

Not only these 2, we also have "Filth & Wisdom", "I Am Because We Are", "Sticky & Sweet" Photo Book & the last 2 installments of her children's books to keep us busy for the rest of the year.

So true. Those cool things too!!! :thumbsup:

Neutrocks

Yes, she isn't going to have the same exposure and success in the past, but as fans, we're not losing much here. If anything, we're getting far more appearances and, touring, etc. than she's done in a long time.

Exactly! We can't expect her to do everything. Something has to give and I'd take "touring" any day versus a video for every song or single and promotion.

Warner probably offered 37 dollars to film a video and flyers stapled to trees in 2 major cities as promotion for Revolver.

LOL!

In any event, I would think this would have been a good song to make a great video with a great story if not some added controversy.

In any event, I would think this would have been a good song to make a great video with a great story if not some added controversy.

I agree. I am disappointed if there is indeed no video (why bother even getting Lil' Wayne involved unless you're gonna milk the street cred?).

However, we'll live and we should look forward to Madonna's next endeavor. If the promotion/good video aspect doesn't kick in for her first Live Nation album, we will know she's just not that into it anymore.

Warner probably offered 37 dollars to film a video and flyers stapled to trees in 2 major cities as promotion for Revolver.

37 dollars? that seems more generous... i'd have expected them to give the cameraman a flip video cam and a beer and have madonna walk around a ghetto and dodge bullets

she´s not going to shoot a video for Revolver? what an stupid decision...but I´m getting used to them, it seems that there´s nothing left of the smartest business woman of the US...I hope she works more for her upcoming projects, but...well, I would love to, but I´m not sure

37 dollars? that seems more generous... i'd have expected them to give the cameraman a flip video cam and a beer and have madonna walk around a ghetto and dodge bullets

with the one sixteenth of a cent per DVD pressing they saved putting the Celebration DVD on single layer discs Warner was able to aquire the cash needed to make Madonna an offer for 37 dollars to produce a video for Revolver. Madonna would have to match that for a budget total of 74 dollars. Not to mention the flyers, and staples. And Warner would even consider sending copies of the song to between 5 to 10 US radio stations. Madonna and Guy are crazy to refuse this offer.

with the one sixteenth of a cent per DVD pressing they saved putting the Celebration DVD on single layer discs Warner was able to aquire the cash needed to make Madonna an offer for 37 dollars to produce a video for Revolver. Madonna would have to match that for a budget total of 74 dollars. Not to mention the flyers, and staples. And Warner would even consider sending copies of the song to between 5 to 10 US radio stations. Madonna and Guy are crazy to refuse this offer.

man, i have a promo disc from Y100 for the music album, had the dan-o-rama video on it and an alternative music album styled cover... they'd send this one (revolver) in a CD-R sleeve lol

and the flyers are printed on what was once the back of old flyers for things like "hard candy" or the paris hilton album warner put out lol

:lmao: I love the people looking around... "who the fuck dragged me here?"

On a serious note, she needs to get a new creative director. These videos screens just ARE NOT WORKING - this video proves it. The keith haring animations are too distracting. Watching from that distance you hardly know there are ummm... actual people on stage that are dancing and performing. If you use videos its supposed to be supporting element, not the dominant. This is like a movie with human support.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!!!!!!

HORRRRRRRRIBLE.......where did these people think they were?.....lame as fuck.

But i too, definitely beleive there is enough fucking JAMIE KING direction going on....he stinks.

Guest Danny86
If the promotion/good video aspect doesn't kick in for her first Live Nation album, we will know she's just not that into it anymore.

I don't think so, it'll just show things work differently now. I don't think the next album is going to have a stellar promo campaign only to sell 300k more albums. Although if it's indeed true that Warner will still handle the promo and the distribution, we should not expect ANY change at all.

As for the videos, it's possible she does not care anymore, after 60 videos under her belt, I can see she considers she did everything with this format and is tired to stand in front of a camera and lipsynch her song for a day or two. That, and the fact that there's no demand for "artsy" videos these days like "Bad Girl" etc.

But i too, definitely beleive there is enough fucking JAMIE KING direction going on....he stinks.

OK will you and waiting turn every thread into a "fuck Jamie King" one for the next year or so? If you're so concerned, why don't you suggest a famous show director to Guy on Twitter? Wait, you can't do that, since every major tour is directed by him now...

I'm still saying that most of the things people complain are not going to change, because they are part of HER, not part of Jamie. Like, she will always do a 4-5 segment show because that's the most convenient. She will always make guitar songs otherwise she's not able to do a 20 song show (hello? ever notice the pre-DWT tours were all shorter and had less songs except the BAT but that one had a MOVIE PROMOTION segment?!). It's like complaining about Madonna's songwriting being symmetric and formulatic because she has verses and choruses.

Guest Danny86

From rebecca_carlson at fanzine, he was accurate about Celebration stuff earlier this year:

From a friend of mine "in the know"

Currently it's still TBD....but plans are for a late Nov release. I am hearing 11/24 is the current target date...but could change.

It will be a digipak CD+DVD release....similar to that of Confessions Tour release.

There are tentative plans for a Blu-Ray version...but that is on for early December.

There will be "behind the scenes" bonus content....again similar to that of the Confessions Tour.

Guest Danny86

Imagine listening to a "live" CD of what we heard on the broadcast :lol:

I wonder if they'll include 'Borderline' :scared:

I know. I wouldn't put past them including HN, Borderline, HU, Rain, Doli Doli and Get Stupid but leaving out Vogue, DWRY, YMLM and ROL. :thumbsdown:

Guest bluejean

I know. I wouldn't put past them including HN, Borderline, HU, Rain, Doli Doli and Get Stupid but leaving out Vogue, DWRY, YMLM and ROL. :thumbsdown:

I just find these live CD's such a waste. The only concert worthy of a live album is Drowned World since she sounded great on many of the songs. Reinvention would have been great had they used the right songs.

Fans would have LOVED it if they did CD's of the studio versions instead. I know we got leaked versions but they demos and are not properly mixed and mastered. Or a bonus DVD of the screen projections.

From rebecca_carlson at fanzine, he was accurate about Celebration stuff earlier this year:

From a friend of mine "in the know"

Currently it's still TBD....but plans are for a late Nov release. I am hearing 11/24 is the current target date...but could change.

It will be a digipak CD+DVD release....similar to that of Confessions Tour release.

There are tentative plans for a Blu-Ray version...but that is on for early December.

There will be "behind the scenes" bonus content....again similar to that of the Confessions Tour.

They better release that thing on Blu-Ray!!! :rant::rant: I want to see every wrinkle on that face :dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

guy tweets again....

@TotallyTheo I didn't say all i want is uplifting comments.. I said I appreciate all comments and thoughts as long as it comes with love..

@guivogue a new tour next year is not likely at all.. After 85 shows we just did, a break is in order. Anything could happen, but not likely

@LDCarvalho we have not begun working on a new album as of yet..

he is in nyc

Guest gloriesbarcelona

guy tweets again....

@TotallyTheo I didn't say all i want is uplifting comments.. I said I appreciate all comments and thoughts as long as it comes with love..

@guivogue a new tour next year is not likely at all.. After 85 shows we just did, a break is in order. Anything could happen, but not likely

@LDCarvalho we have not begun working on a new album as of yet..

he is in nyc

GOOD!!!!

She really needs to rest and get her creativity sorted! I'll be ready for an album by the end of next year/begining of 2011 though...

Guest Danny86

^Were you following the news recently? Madonna is already working heavily to pull a movie project together. There's no "rest" for her, when it's time to record an album, she will use who is available, suggested either by Guy, or something she heard and liked. Sorry but I don't see how taking a break and getting her "creativity sorted" would change the way she finds a collaborator?

Guest gloriesbarcelona

^Were you following the news recently? Madonna is already working heavily to pull a movie project together. There's no "rest" for her, when it's time to record an album, she will use who is available, suggested either by Guy, or something she heard and liked. Sorry but I don't see how taking a break and getting her "creativity sorted" would change the way she finds a collaborator?

:confused:

Mmmm... To be perfectly honnest with you I really don't want another lazy effort like Revolver where she just put her voice on someone else demo! She needed another track for the compilation and jumped on this one. It's better for all of us if she doesn't rush back to the studios for a while...

As for the collaborator, as long as it's not Timbo or Oakenfold, we're safe!

And I'm totally up to date about "the news recently", thank you very much.

Another question?

Guest Danny86

:confused:

Mmmm... To be perfectly honnest with you I really don't want another lazy effort like Revolver where she just put her voice on someone else demo! She needed another track for the compilation and jumped on this one. It's better for all of us if she doesn't rush back to the studios for a while...

As for the collaborator, as long as it's not Timbo or Oakenfold, we're safe!

And I'm totally up to date about "the news recently", thank you very much.

Another question?

I'm just saying this "taking a break"/"getting rest" thing comes up so often as if that ever happened for Madonna. The only time she took a break was 1997 because of her daughter but she did not spend a full year on ROL, it took 4 months and we all know it started out as Bedtime Stories part 2 before it turned into the ROL we all know (just like how Music started out as ROL part 2 and COADF as Music part 3). In 1988, 1991, 1999, 2002 and 2007 she was busy with movie stuff and never actually went away to think about her direction. Not to mention that LAP was put together in a matter of weeks. She always says she does it spontaneous and does not think into things as much as many assume.

About using other demos, why is it a problem if it happens with a song or two? Happened with PDP, OYH, JML, BS, ROL, DTM and NF in the past and those are fan favs and never take away from the actual quality of the song. It's been part of her process for a long time.

It'll be the same process for her just like in the past 10-20 years, whether the end result satisfies you is totally unrelated to her getting a rest or not. And no, she's not going to make another album with Timbaland or Oakenfold.

And if new music is coming in 12 months, it won't be long till she decides on the direction, most likely the album will be ready by the summer, so more or less will be done during the breaks she takes from directing the movie and travelling to Malawi.

Nor I about her - if she turns shit like Madonna has done, I'll say so. But for now she's the most innovative and creative woman in the world of music - bar NONE

You must live in a vacuum. Lady GaGa "the most innovative and creative woman in the world of music - bar NONE"??? Yeah right, and Madonna is the youngest. Lady GaGa is fine for a pop/dance artist now because pop music sucks right now. Lady GaGa's sound is boring AND derivative of bland dance music. OVER RATED. As soon as someone better comes along, she will go the way of other (way much more talented) artists like Fiona Apple, Eryka Badu and Sinead O'Connor; FORGOTTEN by the mainstream.

Guest bluejean

I'm just saying this "taking a break"/"getting rest" thing comes up so often as if that ever happened for Madonna. The only time she took a break was 1997 because of her daughter but she did not spend a full year on ROL, it took 4 months and we all know it started out as Bedtime Stories part 2 before it turned into the ROL we all know (just like how Music started out as ROL part 2 and COADF as Music part 3). In 1988, 1991, 1999, 2002 and 2007 she was busy with movie stuff and never actually went away to think about her direction. Not to mention that LAP was put together in a matter of weeks. She always says she does it spontaneous and does not think into things as much as many assume.

About using other demos, why is it a problem if it happens with a song or two? Happened with PDP, OYH, JML, BS, ROL, DTM and NF in the past and those are fan favs and never take away from the actual quality of the song. It's been part of her process for a long time.

It'll be the same process for her just like in the past 10-20 years, whether the end result satisfies you is totally unrelated to her getting a rest or not. And no, she's not going to make another album with Timbaland or Oakenfold.

And if new music is coming in 12 months, it won't be long till she decides on the direction, most likely the album will be ready by the summer, so more or less will be done during the breaks she takes from directing the movie and travelling to Malawi.

Well to be fair to Glories, it did come from Guy. But he meant a rest from touring, not 6 months off to sit around getting inspired/doing nothing.

I think late 2010 is a likely time for a new album and a tour in 2011.

Guest bluejean

As soon as someone better comes along, she will go the way of other (way much more talented) artists like Fiona Apple, Eryka Badu and Sinead O'Connor; FORGOTTEN by the mainstream.

I doubt it.

Guest Danny86

Well to be fair to Glories, it did come from Guy. But he meant a rest from touring, not 6 months off to sit around getting inspired/doing nothing.

I think late 2010 is a likely time for a new album and a tour in 2011.

Yes, from the touring, but mostly because no way in hell she could sell out a stadium tour in most of the world if she tours next year.

I think she can still start the tour in January-February 2011 in Australia, otherwise she'd have to wait till May to start in US or July to start in EU and reach Australia in November.

Guest bluejean

Yes, from the touring, but mostly because no way in hell she could sell out a stadium tour in most of the world if she tours next year.

I think she can still start the tour in January-February 2011 in Australia, otherwise she'd have to wait till May to start in US or July to start in EU and reach Australia in November.

I'd say it's pretty certain she'll take the tour to Asia and maybe Australia next time, and starting there would make sense.

She has exhausted the market in Europe.

As for US, I'm not so sure. There's alot of cities she has not done.

I'm ok with Madonna not shooting a video for Revolver too. I'm ready for a new era. Let her go on so she can start working on a new album and tour, et while she works on other personal projects that will inspire and make her happy too. In the meantime, this greatest hits package and the S & S tour DVD will keep us occupied.

This is how I feel.Let's move on and leave the Warner years behind! I wanna hear about the next album.I'm ready for the next Madonna era.

I doubt it.

You're far more optimistic about Lady GaGa's future than I am. I truly believe she will end up with a Cyndi Lauper-like blueprint career. I predict Lady GaGa's next album will be a hit initially. Beyond that, Lady GaGa will end up like so many of Madonna's heirs. Sucked up & left dry with nothing to offer.

Guest bluejean

You're far more optimistic about Lady GaGa's future than I am. I truly believe she will end up with a Cyndi Lauper-like blueprint career. I predict Lady GaGa's next album will be a hit initially. Beyond that, Lady GaGa will end up like so many of Madonna's heirs. Sucked up & left dry with nothing to offer.

No I meant I can't see her going in the way of Fiona Apple, Eryka Badu and Sinead O'Connor like you said. (Style wise.)

As for her flopping 3rd album, I can totally see that happening. Her survival will depend entirely on her output though, so I'm not going to pretend I know the future. I predict alot less longevity than Madonna though, but that's pretty obvious.