PREDICT: "Celebration First-Week Sales in USA

HolidayGuy

from holidayguy:

Some recent-times compilations:

Celine Dion's sold 56,165 (58,110 including street-date violations) in early November 2008 (debuting at #8), and had scanned 325,651 through mid-June. 1cd and a 2cd release like Madonna's.

Christina Aguilera opened with 72,870 (#9) in mid-November 2008, and through mid-March, had scanned 260,525. It was a Target exclusive, and was a single CD (had a deluxe edition with a DVD).

Rascal Flatts' Gretaest Hits Vol. 1 opened with 88,655 in November 2008; it has scanned 717,965 though this month.

Toby Keith's 35 Biggest Hits opeend at #2 in May 2008, scanning 138,105 in its first week; it has scanned 682,310 through this month. A 2cd release.

its so obvious mariah pushed the album back to compete against madonna for the cheap, gauranteed publicity of knowing shell most likely beat her (ESP w/ Ms album being a greatest hits opposed to new material which most people wont look at!) - while in the rest of world mimi probably will barely chart! Mariah easily couldve released her album last week and beaten Pearl Jam!

At 1:00 a.m., the Deluxe Video Edition of CELEBRATION is #2 on iTunes! Note this is the most expensive version out there at $29.99, with the bonus of "It's So Cool." (Pearl Jam is presently #1.)

No sign of Mariah or Babs yet, surprisingly.

*edited to say this: ALSO, it's highly irritating that it looks like in the U.S. iTunes you can just purchase "It's So Cool" as a separate track by itself. No need to pre-order/buy the whole darn thing. I feel like that was a little misleading somehow. Since I'm buying the 1 CD, 2 CD, and DVD versions, I certainly wouldn't have pre-ordered the iTunes version just for the bonus track if I'd known I could buy it alone for $1.29. (I like to be legitimate/legal -- so don't laugh at my stupidity, please!)

madonna on itunes....3.30 am

#2 deluxe video edition

#38 deluxe version

#147 single disc edition

babs on itunes...3.30am

mariah on itunes...3.30am

Babs will not be #1. C'mon people. Think!

calm the fuck down. nobody said she was gonna be number 1 in the end. i merely stated she was 1 just now. why can't people come here to have fun and let their hair down without getting nonsense replies like this?

today is a glorious day......

:vanitybonet:

Guest Bad Robot

(I should also note that while I was a pretty good predictor in the early 00s, I have sucked horribly on every prediction in the past year or so, so I could easily be way way way off.)

its so obvious mariah pushed the album back to compete against madonna for the cheap, gauranteed publicity of knowing shell most likely beat her (ESP w/ Ms album being a greatest hits opposed to new material)

Not to mention the fact that Mariah's release is coming shortly after her previous one which was a flop

and that around the same time Madonna released an album that sold twice as much making it the 14th best selling

record of the year

QUESTION

Since C is a double CD doesnt it mean Warner will double the cert like EVITA

So if it sells 500K it will be certified PLATINUM?

But, it's also a 1cd album.

I've seen more 1cd albums in the stores today then the 2cd album.

250k 1cd = 250k

150k 2cd = 300k

550k = Gold certification

Celebration 75K

Mooriah 320k (Because lambs are an organized race, and they are on their way to purchase 10 copies each @ the low price of 5.66)

Babs 150k (mostly due to the appearance on Oprah)

I just hope that Madonna sold enough next week (USA+Japan+Canada) plus second weeks everywhere else, just to be on top of Worldwide Albums.

¿Where else is Marrana releasing her album? I guess Uk is until next month.