PREDICT: "Celebration First-Week Sales in USA

HolidayGuy

I don't think we should get too upset if it's not a success in the US.

First of all it's a GH and not a new studio album. People might have most of the songs already in one form or another.

Secondly, the support single for it doesn't get anywhere in the US and I doubt most people have ever heard it even.

Thirdly the promo is as it is.

I don't think it's even fair to compare it to sales of studio albums with all new material.

All Access' Street Pulse has Madonna at #4 in its Daily Sales report (Barbra at #1, Mimi at #6)- but, this chart doesn't mesh with HITS or SoundScan.

So, await HITS' predictions- and then Friday's updated forecast should provide a better picture. Lately, HITS has been off more than usual, either direction.

Mainstream Top 40

By Rank This Week

Sep 29, 2009 - Sep 29, 2009

Questions? Check out the StreetPulse FAQ

click column headers to sort

Rank

lw TW Artist Title Label % Sales Up/Down

-- 1 Madonna Celebration WEA/ Warner Bros. --

-- 2 Paramore Brand New Eyes WEA/ Fueled By Ramen --

-- 3 Mariah Carey Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel UMGD/ Island --

2 4 Whitney Houston I Look To You SBME/ RCA -29

3 5 Jayz Blueprint 3 WEA/ Atlantic -56

5 6 Kings Of Leon Only By The Night SBME/ RCA -36

4 7 Muse Resistance WEA/ Warner Bros. -50

1 8 Pearl Jam Backspacer Artist -88

7 9 Colbie Caillat Breakthrough UMGD/ Universal -12

8 10 Lady Gaga Fame UMGD/ Interscope -12

9 11 Taylor Swift Fearless UMGD/ Universal -16

11 12 Black Eyed Peas E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies) UMGD/ A&M -22

12 13 Drake So Far Gone UMGD/ Cash Money -20

14 14 Trey Songz Ready WEA/ Atlantic -3

6 15 Phoenix Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Glassnote -55

15 16 Daughtry Leave This Town SBME/ RCA 9

10 17 Green Day 21St Century Breakdown WEA/ Reprise -52

13 18 Jason Mraz We Sing We Dance We Steal Thin WEA/ Atlantic -29

24 19 Beyonce I Am Sasha Fierce SBME/ Columbia 110

18 20 Owl City Ocean Eyes UMGD/ Universal 5

17 21 Pink Funhouse SBME/ Zomba Label Group -22

23 22 Nickelback Dark Horse Cobra 27

32 23 Kate Voegele Fine Mess UMGD/ Interscope 85

27 24 Fray Fray SBME/ Epic 33

19 25 Fabolous Loso's Way UMGD/ Universal -60

22 26 Rob Thomas Cradlesong WEA/ Atlantic -50

34 27 David Cook David Cook SBME/ RCA 0

36 28 Shinedown Sound Of Madness WEA/ Atlantic 0

41 29 Keri Hilson In A Perfect World... UMGD/ Interscope 20

-- 30 Theory Of A Deadman Scars & Souvenirs WEA/ Roadrunner --

26 31 Pitbull Rebelution SBME/ J -44

37 32 Cavo Bright Nights Dark Days WEA/ Reprise 0

48 33 Boys Like Girls Love Drunk SBME/ Columbia 66

-- 34 Jadakiss Last Kiss UMGD/ Def Jam --

21 35 Kelly Clarkson All I Ever Wanted SBME/ RCA -66

25 36 Lil Wayne Tha Carter Iii UMGD/ Universal -60

35 37 Jonas Brothers Lines Vines & Trying Times UMGD/ Hollywood -33

38 38 Collective Soul Collective Soul (Rabbit) Roadrunner -20

39 39 Uncle Kracker Happy Hour WEA/ Atlantic -20

50 40 Eric Hutchinson Sounds Like This WEA/ Warner Bros. 33

-- 41 Jessie James Jessie James UMGD/ Mercury --

20 42 Deadmau5 For Lack Of A Better Name Ultra -76

28 43 Cage The Elephant Cage The Elephant Red Ink -62

40 44 Mary J. Blige Growing Pains UMGD/ MCA -40

42 45 Mat Kearney City Of Black & White SBME/ Columbia -40

45 46 3Oh!3 Want Photo Finish -25

-- 47 Akon Freedom UMGD/ Universal --

-- 48 All Time Low Nothing Personal Hopeless --

-- 49 Jordin Sparks Battlefield SBME/ Jive --

-- 50 Twista Category F5 EMM/ Get Money Gang Ent --

For more information on StreetPulse charts, check out the StreetPulse FAQ

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© Copyright 2009 The All Access Music Group

contact us

Who would you like to contact ...? --------------------------------------- COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS: Joel Denver, President/Publisher Ria Denver, VP/CFO SALES INQUIRIES: Matt Parvis, Sales Manager TECHNICAL PROBLEMS: Matt Shapo, Creative Director

StreetPulse FAQ

How is the music tracked for each format determined?

All songs on the Mediabase Tuesday Rolling Chart in each format have a minimum of five spins for the week. These songs are assigned to the appropriate CD, and every morning sales are compiled and a top 50 sales chart is created.

How are ranks determined?

Ranks are based on pieces sold throughout the country.

When are the sales charts updated?

All the charts are updated daily at 8a (east coast).

Why is the #1 most played song in the format not on the sales chart?

Check the street date. Release date to retail can sometimes be much later than radio.

I know this CD is selling at retail, why don't I see it on the sales chart?

Because there isn't a song from the CD with at least five spins on the Mediabase Tuesday Rolling Chart.

A CD is released on a Tuesday. When will it debut on the chart?

If the song has enough airplay and sales to qualify, the CD will debut the day after street date.

If an artist appears on national TV, when will I see a sales spike?

It will take a total of two days: one day for purchase, and the following day it will register on the chart.

What is the percentage Sales up/down based on?

This measures the increase or decrease of sales from the previous week. An arrow represents a sales increase from the previous week.

What type of retailers are you tracking?

StreetPulse reporters run the scope of major, chain, independent, and websites.

How often is the sales information updated?

We track sales information directly from the point-of-sales system from each individual store location at the closing of every day. Our data is updated seven days a week.

Where can I find more information about StreetPulse?

Contact John Weston at (212) 730-7711 or john@streetpulse.com.

Guest boytoyville

:blink: I couldnt even tell you one song they sing. But if it means beating MIMOO....GO PARAMORE!!! :lol:

I saw Paramore when they opened for No Doubt this summer and I still couldn't tell you one song by them. The guys in the band were hot though!

That's true, you can't compare it to a new studio album- GH albums usually sell less in their debut weeks- there are exeptions to that, but it's accurate as a general rule.

I believe many of us have no problem with Madge not topping the chart since it's the GH.

But the most annoying part is Pariah Scarey purposely pushed her release date same as Madge. Pariah knows she'll win and benefits from such situation and to declare she's the best selling & most successful. :rolleyes:

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07775

PARAMORE GOES FOR TOP SPOT, MARIAH IN HOT PURSUIT

Fueled by Ramen Punk-Rockers Hold the Edge Over Diva in One-Day Returns

September 30, 2009

Paramore, the Fueled by Ramen punk-rock group whose 360-deal with WMG through Atlantic Records has proven a successful new model, look headed for a #1 debut on next week's HITS Album sales chart, based on one-day sales reports from those retailers who still take our calls.

Brand New Eyes, the third studio album from the band, fronted by lead vocalist Hayley Williams, takes an early lead in the race with a one-day sales total that projects to 180-190k for the week. That gives them the edge over Island/IDJ diva Mariah Carey's Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, which is now on target for 160-170k. With a question as to how front-loaded those sales for Paramore are, Carey could close the edge if she has a brisk weekend.

Those two are among the five top debuts next week, all registering in six-figures, including Columbia legend Barbra Streisand's Love is the Answer (150-160k), Hollywood rockers Breaking Benjamin (140-150k) and Virgin/EMI's retooled grunge gods Alice in Chains (130-140k).

Columbia Nashville country darling Miranda Lambert's Revolution heads the other newcomers, with a total approaching 65-75k.

WB Material Gal Madonna's Celebration greatest hits album is in the 60-70k range, as is Interscope goth-punks AFI’s Crash Love.

Disney's latest Hollywood Records crossover cable TV teen star Selena Gomez & The Scene is looking at first-week sales of 50-60k.

Rock on Roll Hall of Famers Lynyrd Skynyrd's latest, God and Guns, on Roadrunner’s Loud and Proud label, looks for an opening week total of 30-40k, same as Williams Street virtual death metal group Dethklok, from Adult Swim's animated Metalocalypse series.

American/Columbia Rick Rubin-produced roots rockers Avett Brothers round out the debuts with 25-30k for their major label bow, I and Love and You.

The market was down 4% vs. last week, down 7% vs. same week last year and still down 14% year to date.

Guest dicktracy

So, Celebration may sell less in the first week in the US than in the UK. That's gotta be a first.... Would it miss the Top 10 altogether? That would be embarrassing. I guess if a lot her fans are not buying it then why should the non-fans do it given the amount of promotion.

You're talking like Madonna is a flop according to the billboard charts. She has more top10 hits than everyone. More than the Beatles, more than Elvis! What a FLOP artist!

Guest missy bi_tch

SURE IT DOES.COZ ARTISTS LIVE FOR THE CHARTS.

true that.. madonna DID too...

And since she's done pretty much everything she needed and can do, she's no longer living for the charts!

If how high she charts or how much she sells determines how much you like her music, you are such a great fan!

Some people are far too "hung up" about charts or sales figures!

I doubt Madonna gives a fuck, she's too busy enjoying her life and she's so rich that she never needs to sell another record!

Sure I look forward to what she does with Live Nation, but her record stands for itself, she's a legend, nothing can change that!

Guest desmadonna

I believe many of us have no problem with Madge not topping the chart since it's the GH.

But the most annoying part is Pariah Scarey purposely pushed her release date same as Madge. Pariah knows she'll win and benefits from such situation and to declare she's the best selling & most successful. :rolleyes:

IF Pariah really didn't get the top spot, serve her right. it is her retribution to push her album to the same date as our Queen.

If she had release her album in Aug as scheduled, she will get her #1.

& kudos to Paramore, this band did us a great favour. I can name one song by them, "Decode", the theme song for "Twilight" :)