Mariah vs. Madonna

Guest dicktracy

uhm... is IDJ panicking that Mimi is not perceived to be hiphop anymore that they are releasing a 90s reminiscent Mimi with this Foreigner cover?

I wonder if Mimi decided to release this... they are fucking up single selections since E=MC.. if they go through with this, this album will have no #1 single...

Either way, Mimi will get swallowed by Whitney 's comeback 09 ..in the US!

BREAKING- NEWS: Whitney Houston grants TV interview to Winfrey

NEW YORK -- After a long absence from music, Whitney Houston is staging a much-hyped career comeback with an appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

Houston will be Winfrey's first guest as the talk-show queen launches her 24th season on Sept. 14. According to her Web site, Oprah.com, Winfrey calls Houston's appearance "the most anticipated music interview of the decade." My link

:fag:

i love all three ladies. there was no ciccone or whitney when i was growing up. barbra was there and so was cher (and all rock music, which is my fav). there is a lot of music to buy next month!

multiply copies of celebration, 2 of barbra, 1 of whitney.......0 of the piggly wiggly

:vanitybonet:

Edited by GroovyGirl

September will be very busy...

I'm getting the new albums by Mariah & Whitney.

The DVDs of Madonna & Patty

Edited by Live It Up

i love all three ladies. there was no ciccone or whitney when i was growing up. barbra was there and so was cher (and all rock music, which is my fav). there is a lot of music to buy next month!

multiply copies of celebration, 2 of barbra, 1 of whitney.......0 of the piggly wiggly

LOL! You had me worried for a split 2nd girl - when you said you love all "3" of them !! Then, I was like - you couldnt possibly be referring to the 'beast' in that "3" - just no way lol.

aren't you gonna buy the 'Celebration' album? :horn:

I'll get this in the near future but not on the first week of release.

I'll buy when it eventually goes into the bargain bin or if it's given to me as a gift for x-mas.

But I'll support Madge by buying the Double-DVD on the 29th (even if WB gives us a shitty

video tracklisting)and the DVD about identical cousins who have wacky situations.

Edited by Live It Up

LOL! You had me worried for a split 2nd girl - when you said you love all "3" of them !! Then, I was like - you couldnt possibly be referring to the 'beast' in that "3" - just no way lol.

LOL buzzy....when i reread what i typed, i had to clarify. i thought it sounded like i was referring to the cellulited sow.....ah, fuck no!!! notice the edit at the buttom of my post.....heheheh

smoooochies!

Guest thehiltonsuite

Mariah's record company is obviously worried since Obsessed didn't go #1. The record is said to be bad. Her 2nd single, which will be out Memorial Day, is a cover of the Foreigner song I Want To Know What Love Is. They're saying Obsessed was just a "buzz single" now.

A final touch comes from Warner Music Brazil, that informed today that "Celebration" will be on stores on Monday, September 21st, as you can see from the teaser below (with thanks to our reader Adnilton from Brazil for the heads up).

Source: madonnatribe.com

A mariah classic, and one of her best ever.

I can't help but agree. As much as I dislike Mimi, "Make It Happen" is a great song and deserving of praise. She does have a couple. Too bad her personality and status as an entertainer are complete shit.

So somebody who sings Karaoke as a hobby is an artist in your mind? Or somebody who does painting by numbers? If thats your definition of art, then good for you. But it is not and never will be MY definition.

So Barbra Streisand is a karaoke singer? She is at the TOP of her craft. Just because in your head someone needs to be FIERTH and GROUNDBREAKING doesn't mean that's all there is to art.

art·ist (ärtst)

n.

1. One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.

2. A person whose work shows exceptional creative ability or skill: You are an artist in the kitchen.

3. One, such as an actor or singer, who works in the performing arts.

Enough with your deluded ramblings already.

I'm not really that interested in Memoirs because Mariah has this thing about albums leaking at the last minute. Most artists would have had some of the actual tracks out on the internet by now but all she has are a few low quality clips and some tacky Dream demos. This girl is really stuck in 1999 if she thinks that "leaking" a song on an urban radio station is going to make an impact on sales. I don't think people have been buying her single because of the song, seeing as most out-of-major-market stations only finally started playing it last week, but because her name is on the product.

At least Whitney had the balls to have some songs off the album leak 2 or 3 weeks before the CD dropped and I remember Hard Candy leaking a month or so before the physical/iTunes came out. Mariah needs to step up her game and let go of this old business model that appearing on TV and premiering at radio is going to move anything. Enter the digital age, girl and not just on your Blackberry.

Since the release date has been pushed to 1 week earlier, does it mean Madge & WB is afraid of Mimi? :1251:

24ca5hy.jpg

Aint nobody afraid of Memoirs of A Pushed Back Angel

Madonna shall conquer in sales.

At least I hope :inlove:

Since the release date has been pushed to 1 week earlier, does it mean Madge & WB is afraid of Mimi? :1251:

What has happened to you? You have not said one positive thing in weeks! :nocomment:

And relax. It was just Germany. Besides, I don't think it'll make much difference in the US. :thumbsup:

Mariah's second single preview " I Want to Know What Love Is " will be on air in Germany /UK tomorrow. Will be on sale on the 18th of September.

A hit or miss?

MISS! I Wanted a REALLY DRAMATIC, OVER-THE-TOP BALLAD.28mmkvl.jpg

What is That R&B Shit?

Guest SuperPop

Mariah's second single preview " I Want to Know What Love Is " will be on air in Germany /UK tomorrow. Will be on sale on the 18th of September.

A hit or miss?

:vomit: :vomit: UGH

"I want To know What Love is" is a remake of Foreigner. Doesn't sound too bad, but I have to hear the full song.

It's from the group Foreigner, and altough I think it sound terrible with her, I think it could be an European Hit just like Without you.

Remember Mooriah sucked with her own songs in UK, but she still managed #1 with Without you and Against all odds.

dreadful. Yeah, I think we all know now what we're in store for lol. I really cant see the entire song offering much more than what we heard - typical dumb down, souless, generic r&b drivel from MC. I actually really thought she had a decent shot at making this her own; really doesnt seem to be what I was expectin at all! 2 or 3/10 based on that clip.