Mariah vs. Madonna

Guest dicktracy

Hey Afrolito (if that even IS your real name). Don't be giving me that bullshit, because I know that you totally agree with me on many things!!! Anyway, I'm not saying that Mariah doesn't have black relations somewhere along the line. I am saying her skin is not black. So I can only see that attributing herself as being black would be trying to involve herself in something culturally. It isn't a fact that her skin is black. It can easily be denied. I'm well aware of the racial culture in South America. First of all I adore Creole food and I fucking love Latin and African crossover in music. So don't imagine that I'm an English Gentleman sat in an armchair in my smoking jacket, with a map of the world that ends at France. I hate this race bullshit. Anyway, if we are talking about Africa let's get real. All of human life is most likely derived from the continent we now call Africa. So if you wanna talk about genetic roots, we all have our claim. Some people just live in the now. I obviously have North European roots in recent history, but I'm not going to go around calling myself Danish or something.

Look it's Pangaea. The land from which we all came!!!

Oh and just for the sake of it, here's some Latino-Peruvian fusion. I fucking love this song to death.

Of course that's my real name. :lmao:

So we agree that we're all africans :thumbsup:

really dont care im sure mimoo would chart higher than madge in the US but eventually worldwide mimoo would eat shit plus the fact that her cd is at bargain price right now at amazon. thats why im rejoicing over this little tiumph....looney maybe but i couldnt care less....

Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel' obscures any chance at vocal perfection

Jim Farber

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 4:00 AM

"...That's most obvious in the way the producers dealt with Carey's signature feature - her voice. Rarely do we hear it clearly. Nearly every syllable sounds like it's been tricked up by a war room full of compressors, echo-chambers, filters, audio-tuners, and God knows what other contraptions too much time and money can buy.

...The result may mean to mirror the youthful frustrations of hip-hop-inflected R&B but it's an antique version of it. R&B stars like Beyonce and Keisha Cole have lately progressed into something far more sophisticated than this. Coupled with the nervous over-correction of her voice, the result makes Carey seem like the proverbial aging actress who's trying so hard to cover her perceived flaws, all she does is call more attention to them."

1 out of 5* :doh:

Read review: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2009/09/29/2009-09-29_mariah_careys_memoirs_of_an_imperfect_angel_hides_her_vocal_perfection_behind_fl.html#ixzz0SV3qqPS1

Mariah's album has the smell of massive flop about it!

I daresay she'll outsell Madge in the first week(in the U.S)because U.S radio pimps her crap adnauseum, but worldwide Madonna will outsell Mariah by a massive margin!

Fucking hilarious that the critics are panning Mariah......maybe she'll have another meltdown? :lmao:

I wonder who will win this war?

I mean besides Mimi (last album sold 1.260m), there are other names releasing their new albums:

AFI

- Last album sold 0.992m / 1st week 183K

- #1 on BB200, #1 internet album, #2 digital album

Breaking Benjamin

- Last album sold 1.009m / 1st week 125K

- #2 on BB200, #1 Rock album, #2 Internet album, #2 Comprehensive album

Paramore

- Last album sold 1.278m / 1st 42K

- Last appeared on twilight soundtrack

- Won multiple Teen Choice Award in 2008/2009, including the twilight song "Decode"

Is it a guarantee Mimi will top the chart? :1251:

Oh, another lamb in disguise? That could explain a few things.

of course not, but 1 star out of 5 is totally unrealistic, because even if you put Mariah on the side, the team of her producers are too professional, and their work alone deserves two stars.

That's my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

of course not, but 1 star out of 5 is totally unrealistic, because even if you put Mariah on the side, the team of her producers are too professional, and their work alone deserves two stars.

That's kinda like saying no record would deserve the lowest rating ever unless it's a bunch of noises thrown together without any production work.

There's nothing unrealistic in a review you know, it is always based on the taste of the reviewer. Many would give 1 star for Madonna because they don't like her music.

That's kinda like saying no record would deserve the lowest rating ever unless it's a bunch of noises thrown together without any production work.

There's nothing unrealistic in a review you know, it is always based on the taste of the reviewer. Many would give 1 star for Madonna because they don't like her music.

and the fans would start complaining that "it's not real journalism" :lmao:

Ehm? Professional producers doesn't mean sh*t.. you don't give grade based on producers... you give grades based on the product

The album is a clear 1/5... atleast to me...

Ehm? Professional producers doesn't mean sh*t.. you don't give grade based on producers... you give grades based on the product

The album is a clear 1/5... atleast to me...

but why would high profile producers produce a 1* album? They know better than that.

The majority of reviewers gave her 3* and that's fine. Not good, not bad.

but why would high profile producers produce a 1* album? They know better than that.

The majority of reviewers gave her 3* and that's fine. Not good, not bad.

You're not getting it. A reviewer rates HIS impression on the album. You want them go like "OK it's a shit album and I almost fell asleep but I'm giving it a 3 only because I know those professional producers spent a lot of time on it"?

High profile producers think they produced a 5* album when they get it out of their hands because that's their opinion.

You're not getting it. A reviewer rates HIS impression on the album. You want them go like "OK it's a shit album and I almost fell asleep but I'm giving it a 3 only because I know those professional producers spent a lot of time on it"?

High profile producers think they produced a 5* album when they get it out of their hands because that's their opinion.

Of course I'm getting it. it's his opinion, but I dismissed it as unrealistic, just like I dismiss reviews of Madonna albums that claim she's stuck in the 80's or something.

Of course I'm getting it. it's his opinion, but I dismissed it as unrealistic, just like I dismiss reviews of Madonna albums that claim she's stuck in the 80's or something.

:lmao: We get it, you love Mariah and want to prove it on a Madonna forum that Mariah's latest is definitely not 1/5 stars, while at the same time you keep attacking fans who don't think Madonna should promote as much as Mariah. Carry on.

:lmao: We get it, you love Mariah and want to prove it on a Madonna forum that Mariah's latest is definitely not 1/5 stars, while at the same time you keep attacking fans who don't think Madonna should promote as much as Mariah. Carry on.

You're being paranoid :gross:

Guest maddyfan171

Here are stats based on 1 day sales so far. From HDD.

PARAMORE GOES FOR TOP SPOT, MARIAH IN HOT PURSUIT

Fueled by Ramen Punk-Rockers Hold the Edge Over Diva in One-Day Returns

September 30, 2009

Paramore, the Fueled by Ramen punk-rock group whose 360-deal with WMG through Atlantic Records has proven a successful new model, look headed for a #1 debut on next week’s HITS Album sales chart, based on one-day sales reports from those retailers who still take our calls.

Brand New Eyes, the third studio album from the band, fronted by lead vocalist Hayley Williams, takes an early lead in the race with a one-day sales total that projects to 180-190k for the week. That gives them the edge over Island/IDJ diva Mariah Carey’s Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, which is now on target for 160-170k. With a question as to how front-loaded those sales for Paramore are, Carey could close the edge if she has a brisk weekend.

Those two are among the five top debuts next week, all registering in six-figures, including Columbia legend Barbra Streisand’s Love is the Answer (150-160k), Hollywood rockers Breaking Benjamin (140-150k) and Virgin/EMI’s retooled grunge gods Alice in Chains (130-140k).

Columbia Nashville country darling Miranda Lambert’s Revolution heads the other newcomers, with a total approaching 65-75k.

WB Material Gal Madonna’s Celebration greatest hits album is in the 60-70k range, as is Interscope goth-punks AFI’s Crash Love.

Disney’s latest Hollywood Records crossover cable TV teen star Selena Gomez & The Scene is looking at first-week sales of 50-60k.

Rock on Roll Hall of Famers Lynyrd Skynyrd’s latest, God and Guns, on Roadrunner’s Loud and Proud label, looks for an opening week total of 30-40k, same as Williams Street virtual death metal group Dethklok, from Adult Swim’s animated Metalocalypse series.

American/Columbia Rick Rubin-produced roots rockers Avett Brothers round out the debuts with 25-30k for their major label bow, I and Love and You.

The market was down 4% vs. last week, down 7% vs. same week last year and still down 14% year to date.