Celebration on iTunes

sniper

Guest missy bi_tch

The video needs to go out like now...!

Its out so late for us in the UK..gotta wait til next Friday :(

jkeep ur hopes low to prevent disappoitment

I just purchased my digital copy of "Celebration" off of napster. Does anyone know if Billboard counts napster towards their charts? For those of you curious, Madonna is at #39 on napster singles chart. Whitney Houston's new song is #42. Meanwhile. Mariah Carey is #4 and Shakira's new one is #5.

You guys are totally wrong... UK radio LOVES Madonna! They even played Miles Away; it got to no.8 on the airplay chart there even though no-one really wanted to buy it. That's why I was surprised when I heard that they still haven't playlisted Celebration. But then again, UK is gonna get it a lot later than everybody else; you can't even buy it there at the moment! So it's a bit too soon to say that they 'hate' her!

Ive heard it 3 times today on UK radio

EXCITING

Anyway, im suprised this song is doing badly in America, i mean,it has had no fanfare or anything

I've heard it at least 4 times on BBC radio 2 this week. This station gets more listners than radio 1.

Zoe ball gave info about the album too - just general about of being a greatest hits out late September.

I think it's delay on uk iTunes is probably good. I mean it's building airplay and awareness now.

Guest Danny86

You guys are totally wrong... UK radio LOVES Madonna! They even played Miles Away; it got to no.8 on the airplay chart there even though no-one really wanted to buy it. That's why I was surprised when I heard that they still haven't playlisted Celebration. But then again, UK is gonna get it a lot later than everybody else; you can't even buy it there at the moment! So it's a bit too soon to say that they 'hate' her!

"4 Minutes" peaked at #3, not exactly amazing after a seven week long run at #1 with "Hung Up". "Give It 2 Me" also went to #8, while if I'm not wrong, Kylie's 3rd single was #1 in airplay. I'm not saying UK radio hates Madonna but it seems they are not as excited about a new Madonna single anymore as they were in 2005.

I almost wish she would just lose commercial relevance altogether so she could just go crazy exploring different styles without having to care about commercial prospects anymore. But, I don't know that she'll ever go that far out there.

I don't think Madonna or any artist can or should completely forget about commercial considerations. But I do wish she would explore other kinds of music. I think she needs to get the balance between commercial concerns and artistic concerns again. It seems to me in the last couple of years she has only cared about the commercial side. But I wouldn't want her to go too far to the other side and do something too weird or avant garde either. I will always want her to do melodic accessible things that you can sing along with, but show more creativity and innovation than she has in the last couple of years.

I also feel like she's getting caught in just the dance club/electronic/fun music box right now. She really needs to break out of that.

again:when are the remixes out?

I don't know, but I'm supposing they could be out next week since the BB remix is premiering on myspace and will be available only for 48 hours :)

Maybe if WB gets the video out soon (rather than later in the month), it can help the song a little bit- at least so it doesn't disappar from the chart after a single week.

I mean, look how quickly Mimi got her video out there after being shot. Granted, Mimi isn't a grand videomaker to start with, but...

I don't know, but I'm supposing they could be out next week since the BB remix is premiering on myspace and will be available only for 48 hours :)

Isnt the physical single release coming out in September, i hope the digital release isnt around the same time...

If the video is coming to us in 3 weeks, then i can see the digital single coming to us in a week or 2.

Maybe if WB gets the video out soon (rather than later in the month), it can help the song a little bit- at least so it doesn't disappar from the chart after a single week.

I mean, look how quickly Mimi got her video out there after being shot. Granted, Mimi isn't a grand videomaker to start with, but...

is madonna going to appear on the video?

Guest missy bi_tch

it's pretty much dead...

one week on the Hot 100, probably madonna doesnt care about WBR releases anymore than she needs to... contractual obligation

Actually it's warner's job to care about their product.Not Madonna's

It's Madonna's too. She has the power, she can tell them what to do

it's sorta annoyingly hilarious how irrational people act about the charts. The song has been out one week with only internet madonna fans really knowing much about it. yet you expect it to be #1 already.

Itunes Update

Finland: #1 (=)

Greece: #1 (=)

Italy: #1 (=)

Sweden: #1 (=)

Netherlands: #3 (-1)

Canada: #3 (=)

Belgium: #3 (=)

Spain: #4 (=)

Luxembourg: #8 (-2)

Norway: #8 (-2)

Switzerland: #8 (-2)