A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

The lyrics thing turns out to be true!!!

liz.rosenberg@wbr.com_204657_madonna_cel

It means

Take A Bow

You Must Love Me

Miles Away

are on the CD!!!

I suppose this is ok tho. I mean you must love me will be her token evita song - and it is very short. Shame to miss Argentina tho.

Miles Away is beautiful and a half million seller in japan !

Take a bow - whilst a minor hit here in the uk it was number 1 for weeks in the USA so has to be there. It's a very beautiful song too and I love the video.

I'm happy with these on the cd.

Just want ....

Who's that girl

Beautiful stranger

True blue

Don't tell me

Dress you up

Guest Pud Whacker

very odd about whos that girl and causing a commotion. but oh well. also, i think if they were going to use dress you up, they should have used the live virgin tour version.

OH YEAH!!!

if this is the real tracklist (it kinda looks legit to me) then she didn't include the following singles:

1. burning up

2. dress you up

3. angel

4. live to tell

5. true blue

6. oh father

7. keep it together

7. dear jessie

8. hanky panky

9. rescue me

10. this used to be my playground

11. bad girl

12. fever

13. bye bye baby

14. i'll remember

15. bedtime story

16. you'll see

17. one more chance

18. love don't live here anymore

19. the power of goodbye

20. drowned world

21. nothing really matters

22. american pie

23. what it feels like for a girl

24. nothing fails

25. love profusion

26. jump

27. miles away

did i miss any out?

Is this the single cover??

When I saw the original cover, I immediately thought of this pic which I would prefer so it's great that it's going to be used! I have the original magazine with it - I think it was The Face and it's such a striking cover. The pic hardly ever gets seen so I'm glad they have dug it out.

This shot to me is more ballsy and more Madonna. The other looks like she is preparing to be shot and is bored. This one looks like she means business!

As for the supposed tracklist - looks fine but I won't know what to think until we find out whether remastered tracks means remixed or just tweaked.

Sooooo exciting though. I too think that Warner's have finally got their act together just as she is walking out the door. Cue "Physical Attraction"!

1. Madonna (1982)

2. Like A Virgin (1984)

3. True Blue (1986)

4. Like A Prayer (1989)

5. Erotica (1992)

6. Bedtime Stories (1994)

7. Ray Of Light (1998)

8. Music (2000)

9. American Life (2003)

10. Confessions On A Dance Floor (2005)

11. Hard Candy (2008)

So it's official that "I'm Breathless" is considered as a soundtrack.

Yes, IB is NOT a studio album. It's a Soundtrack.

Guest Danny86
I suppose this is ok tho. I mean you must love me will be her token evita song - and it is very short. Shame to miss Argentina tho.

Miles Away is beautiful and a half million seller in japan !

Take a bow - whilst a minor hit here in the uk it was number 1 for weeks in the USA so has to be there. It's a very beautiful song too and I love the video.

I'm happy with these on the cd.

I think "MA" sold more than that, something like 800,000 in Japan? It was also a decent hit in Germany and Netherlands.

Still weird that she's including the ONE single that missed out the UK top 20. :dramatic:

I love the artwork for the cover, but the picture they used is not flattering at all. And besides Who's That Girl and Causing a Commotion not being on the tracklisting, i'm pretty content with the tracklisting. They used 3 Erotica singles, i'm shocked.

Guest Danny86

That tracklist is fake, it does not have "You Must Love Me" or "Miles Away".

I doubt they would use 3 Erotica singles, when we know the likes "Everybody" and "Miles Away" are taking up space from hits...

I think it's fake

No you must love me. No miles away

Their lyrics in the official image.

No live to tell ?

Dress you up - I think this one will be in.

Let's face it *anyone* can post a tracklist on a forum and claim it's official!

Let's see.

I want who's that girl!!! Who can contact Guy O and demand it????

^Unless those are just random lyrics from her career. The TB video image is used in that teaser, but likely isn't on the album. ;)

LTT would be the most stunning omission- but, if TIC isn't deleted, it leaves a reason to still get it. :) (well, that and iTunes, if TIC isn't taken off that)

Guest Pud Whacker

im THRILLED with this cover. i love that its street art, i love that its a vintage shot. its everything madonna has always represented to me. street, haring, warhol, artworld...bringing it all full circle. :thumbsup:

couldnt be better if they tried. glad she yanked some street artist. its all just too fantastic.

Guest boytoyville

I think it was an unwise decision to have a double disc and single disc. They should have done a double disc only. Most casual people are just going to pick up the single disc one and it's a loss of money and of exposing great material to new fans...oh well. The project is still exciting.

im THRILLED with this cover. i love that its street art, i love that its a vintage shot. its everything madonna has always represented to me. street, haring, warhol, artworld...bringing it all full circle. :thumbsup:

couldnt be better if they tried. glad she yanked some street artist. its all just too fantastic.

I love the artwork..but as 4 street art he's pathetic & soooooooo predictable..like a cheap Yank knock off of Banksy.

Guest Danny86
I think it was an unwise decision to have a double disc and single disc. They should have done a double disc only. Most casual people are just going to pick up the single disc one and it's a loss of money and of exposing great material to new fans...oh well. The project is still exciting.

They would have lost more buyers if it was only double disc, I'm sure they are aware of that.

In the US, MJ's single disc compilation Number Ones is selling more than The Essential MJ. Casuals are not interested in owning 30+ songs, they want the most common hits. I'm not saying it's something good, but they need to sell a product and this is the way to do it.

What I wonder is, was "Miles Away" a fan request? I'm sure "Everybody" was because it's not on TIC but "MA" would be a bit weird. Unless fans named it because it was her most recent single and was well-received on tour.

A double CD is pricier, too, keep in mind (can't imagine WB having it as cheap as some others who release double discs; but hopefully not $20+). A single-disc option isn't a bad idea.

BTW- Celine Dion's My Love has scanned more than 300K to date. Will Madge sell more?

Guest Pud Whacker
I love the artwork..but as 4 street art he's pathetic & soooooooo predictable..like a cheap Yank knock off of Banksy.

hes nothing like banksy to me. i love banksy but i see very little similarities in their work. bansky scopes out areas and works directly on the walls using something that already exists. brainwash is more akin to an OBEY than a bansky.

:thumbsup:

hes nothing like banksy to me. i love banksy but i see very little similarities in their work. bansky scopes out areas and works directly on the walls using something that already exists. brainwash is more akin to an OBEY than a bansky.

Agreed this isn't really banksy's style.

Guest Danny86
BTW- Celine Dion's My Love has scanned more than 300K to date. Will Madge sell more?

Celine had no new songs on it though, did she? And she didn't have any considerable hit since the previous GH, if I'm not wrong.

I think Madonna can pull off at least 500k total on the back of "Celebrate" and hopefully some more promo. The tour DVD might be in the stores at the same time, that should help a bit too.

U r right cuz Banksy is actually brilliant..this one should get a job 4 'Interview' magazine or something :fag:

Guest Pud Whacker
:thumbsup:

Agreed this isn't really banksy's style.

yeah, i dont see bansky in brainwash, at all. when i see his stuff all over LA, i never once thought, oh, its like banksy.

im glad you like, it, too!!! i mean how could one not? people want some new little photoshoot? nein. :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker
U r right cuz Banksy is actually brilliant..this one should get a job 4 'Interview' magazine or something :fag:

banksy is brilliant. so is brainwash. they do what street artists do. FUCK WITH HEADS. :demonic:

Dion's album spawed a live version of "My Love" (from the prior studio album), and that was the single (whoever postd on Wiki said radio received the studio version; no matter, though). The single only charted on Billboard's AC chart. The album had a couple covers not previously available on a Dion album- and not sure what "There Comes a Time Is."