A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

The *only* thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that it's called "Celebration", which would indicate a happy vibe, and she looks totally miserable in that pic :lol: Maybe they could have used a picture of her smiling or laughing... or maybe that would have been cheesy.

This is actually extremely brilliant. This image has been used in his graffiti before, most notably on a pretty huge scale in NYC that I can remember, some of my friends took pictures in front of it.

:dramatic:

The *only* thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that it's called "Celebration", which would indicate a happy vibe, and she looks totally miserable in that pic :lol: Maybe they could have used a picture of her smiling or laughing... or maybe that would have been cheesy.

I think he did a cover for "Iconography"

I would have liked this pic, done in his style:

madonna786887.jpg

Great pic. Something where she's not snarling lol. But I do love it because the image itself is somewhat iconic now for those in the know

Edited by Disco Crucifix

Guest tir69
Also, the fact that they're releasing a single and double CD set pays heed to the suggestion that she only has a few memorable songs. I wonder whether they will chart separately, thus denying her a number 1 album.

37 top 10 hits only in usa , 12 nr 1 ..few memorable songs??? this is a real greatest hits and in my opinion it was very difficult select only 30 songs to includes on the double cd.

from perez

The artwork for Madonna's new single!

We're told her new Greatest Hits collection will have a similar motif, and there may be different covers available for purchase.

Can't wait for the damn song to drop already!!!

I just woke up and I can't believe it. I always thought Erotica album cover will never be topped for me anymore but this one, I have to say, maybe I am the only one from here, it's my favorite album covers by now. I always thought the Erotica cover is her most iconic but this one is pure art !!!!

P.S: Madonna is the most beautiful when her face is sad like this one although the title is the opposite. But opposites attract you'll see :wink:

from perez

The artwork for Madonna's new single!

We're told her new Greatest Hits collection will have a similar motif, and there may be different covers available for purchase.

Can't wait for the damn song to drop already!!!

IS THIS FOR THE SINGLE OR ALBUM?

Danny, you beat me to the punch- I was going to comment about Dion's recent compilation and the single- and double-disc releases. In the USA, I know the sales were lumped together; probably was the case internationally.

Doesn't the cover kinda mesh with the "Everybody" single cover, or is it just me?

At 1st I was what the hell is that !! but it grows on you fast. The press release says : “Celebration” will be available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD... They are gonna drop songs for the single CD ??

Guest Danny86
Danny, you beat me to the punch- I was going to comment about Dion's recent compilation and the single- and double-disc releases. In the USA, I know the sales were lumped together; probably was the case internationally.

Doesn't the cover kinda mesh with the "Everybody" single cover, or is it just me?

So HG, tell us... How do you feel about TIC being replaced by a single disc that is going to include songs from the *gasp* post-TIC years? ;)

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/madonna-s-...003996769.story

by Keith Caulfield

Madonna's 'Celebration' Hits Collection To Feature Two New Songs

Madonna will unleash the greatest hits album "Celebration" on Sept. 29 in the U.S.

The Warner Bros. collection will include hits from the Queen of Pop's entire career and boast two new songs. One of those, the title track, was recently recorded in New York and co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold. It will serve as the set's first single and is scheduled to hit radio airwaves on Aug. 3. Remixes of the tune will be serviced to dance club DJs tomorrow (July 24).

It is rumored that the effort's other new song is titled "Revolver" and is a collaboration with Lil Wayne. A demo version of the song -- without Madonna's vocals -- has been floating around YouTube since May.

While the tracklist for "Celebration" has yet to be announced, one can imagine a bevy of Madonna's Billboard Hot 100 hits will be included. On the Hot 100 chart, she has racked up a record 37 top 10 singles -- more than any other act in the tally's nearly 51-year history. Of those hits, 12 of them went all the way to No. 1.

In a press release, her label confirmed that "Celebration" will contain songs "remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans" including "Everybody," "Express Yourself," "Vogue" and "4 Minutes."

The album will be available in both single-disc and double-disc configurations and a DVD of the icon's music videos will also be issued simultaneously. It was unclear at press time if the DVD would be offered as a stand-alone product or come bundled in a CD/DVD package.

The press release announcing "Celebration" touts that the DVD is set to include some of Madonna's iconic video clips that have "never before been available on DVD." (Perhaps the too-hot-for-MTV "Justify My Love?")

"Celebration" is Madonna's last album owed to Warner Bros. Records. In 2007, she partnered with Live Nation for a long term, all-encompassing deal, which will include her future recorded music.

Madonna signed to the Warner Bros. label Sire in 1982 and released her first single, "Everybody," that year. Her eponymous debut album bowed in 1983 and carried with it her first Hot 100 hit -- "Holiday."

Since then has earned seven No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart, including her last four studio sets: 2008's "Hard Candy," 2005's "Confessions On a Dance Floor," 2003's "American Life" and 2000's "Music."

All told, every one of Madonna's 11 studio albums have reached the top 10 on the Billboard 200.

So we have definite songs on the album

Hung up

Vogue

Into the groove

Commercials

There's THIS Music teaser also doing the rounds but I have a feeling it might be fan made as it doesn't "flow" as well as the others. Can anyone confirm?