A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Guest Pud Whacker
Poorly put together? It's an ARTIFACT. And I think the stories are SUPPOSED to be simplistic. It was (pardon my french) IRONIC. And I absolutely think the photography is the pinnacle of her work with Meisel. I love that book so much.

i dont just mean that it fell apart - i mean the concept was ill conceived and not well thought out. i disagree about it being her and meisels best work together.

this one photo leaves any of those sex book pics in the dust...

smeiseil_(5).jpg

Im so glad they used part of the photo i got free as a window sticker with SMASH HITS in 1991, that si STILL on my old bedroom mirror at my mums !

YAY

I have it as one of those patches 2 sew on a denim jacket!

Guest Pud Whacker
I don't MIND the Sex book and you're right, it's essential to her story and she needed the outcry during that time period, especially for things to come like Human Nature. But the book itself is not sexy, she tried too hard to be sexy and outlandish and "omg, hate me. Hate me" - she was begging for it. She got it. It's what you DON'T see that's sexy, which is why I love shoots like Helmut Newton in 1990. Eh.

Of course I NEVER say that because I become a lamb to the slaughter. :lol:

totally.

if it was fantastic like the express yourself video, she would have had something to stand by and say, yeah well, what, its perfect, and?

she couldnt.

I DO love the story about the Puerto Rican with barely a pube or wtf. :lmao: So funny.

i dont just mean that it fell apart - i mean the concept was ill conceived and not well thought out. i disagree about it being her and meisels best work together.

this one photo leaves any of those sex book pics in the dust...

smeiseil_(5).jpg

Oh i fucking adores all this shit!

But the EROTICA cover = FABULOUS!

Guest Pud Whacker
Oh i fucking adores all this shit!

But the EROTICA cover = FABULOUS!

she had played so many characters up until the point of the sex book. not one picture of her with brown hair doing something really kooky and sexual? cmon.

it was like 10 years of really hot foreplay and the fuck was the worst. and thats why she took such a beating. if it was fabulous, people couldnt have said shyt. it was flawed and now they had the ammunition to tear her apart.

Guest Pud Whacker
I DO love the story about the Puerto Rican with barely a pube or wtf. :lmao: So funny.

there are definitely some things i think are brilliant in it. as an entire piece. no, not for me.

:rotfl:

oh no, im getting into trouble here!!!

You're not getting into trouble Pud, you are trouble! ;)

And to THINK that you chose The Holy Month Of Erotica to tell us this?! I shan't mention your absence at TGS.

Guest Pud Whacker
You're not getting into trouble Pud, you are trouble! ;)

And to THINK that you chose The Holy Month Of Erotica to tell us this?! I shan't mention your absence at TGS.

:lol:

well, ok, im sorry. not during the holy month!!!!

there are definitely things i like about it. :thumbsup:

So glad that the things I suggested are being included. It really seems like its a genuine comprehensive anthology, not a greatest hits :D

So has the tracklist posted earlier today been confirmed as official ?

I read on ukmix the one cd will have many differences to the 2cd.

Hoping for who's that girl still .... Just hoping ;)

Guest Danny86
So has the tracklist posted earlier today been confirmed as official ?

I read on ukmix the one cd will have many differences to the 2cd.

Hoping for who's that girl still .... Just hoping ;)

This is all speculation, nobody knows anything.

The press release confirmed 4 songs and all of a sudden full tracklists started to fly around. Same thing when we get those fake tour setlists.

The songs on “Celebration” have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans.

:gross:

Oh no. The bytch shouldn't be allowed near it, she will fvck it up by choosing shit flops nobody cares about. So will the fans. :fag:

Guest thehiltonsuite

I LOVE THE ALBUM COVER! It's great! It's a remake of Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe portrait. Paying homage to Andy is PERFECT for her greatest hits!

And those who say it looks cheap, etc.,. They just don't get it and are not familiar with Andy Warhol. This is too wonderful!

Un-release-able and unattractive – which in the end makes me unhappy. For too harsh for my taste – I prefer something softer – neater – with more appealing colors and saturation levels. I like a simple – minimalist design – that has more thought place into than initial shock value.

Un-release-able and unattractive – which in the end makes me unhappy. For too harsh for my taste – I prefer something softer – neater – with more appealing colors and saturation levels. I like a simple – minimalist design – that has more thought place into than initial shock value.

As someone else said, maybe something like this would be more to your liking

whitney-houston-album-cover-photo.jpg

It's very soft and neat. Like it was made by Ikea. Thank God its not Madonna.

:chuckle:

I think to be fair to poor old Witters and her MOR album cover, she needed it to look simple, wholesome and to hark back to her 80's fresh faced period. It's not a BAD cover; it does the job. Of course there's no way Madonna would or should ever release something so bland.

Has the artist who designed the cover image for 'Celebration' designed the whole cover or just the head image. Because in the rather amateurish chin cropping and oddly placed title I DO rather SENSE the contribution of that italian named MONG who ruined the Confessions cover and pretty much everything else since American Life.

OT - A colleague was at the Whitney playback a couple of weeks ago and said she had a pot belly worthy of a woman who was 5 months pregnant.

It means

Take A Bow

You Must Love Me

Miles Away

are on the CD!!!

:nocomment:

VILE. I don't want any Evita shyt on it and Miles Away is ridiculous

Btw, that drowned madonna tracklisting is fake. 21 tracks on the single CD? I don't think so!

Guest ursaminorjim
And those who say it looks cheap, etc.,. They just don't get it and are not familiar with Andy Warhol.

Well, that's what's kinda cheap about it - it's such an obvious knockoff and the execution is a little...weak.

Again, though - I'm reserving judgement until I have the thing in my hands.

TIC is deleted so they need to fill that gap. Of course the 1 CD version won't have the PERFECT and ACCLAIMED tracklist that TIC had. :gent:

If TIC is deleted then this comp should focus a lot on the 80s, cause that's the era most casual fans are interested in (hence the out of this world sales for TIC). Frankly the 90s and especially the 00s weren't nearly as good and consistent in singles terms, the 80s were her heyday.

It's just a shame the idiots waited so long to release it with such low sales in the iTunes era. That mess GHV2 should never have happened, should have been a complete GH then instead, now she has too many damn hits to fill 2 CDs.

And a single CD Number Ones type release would have been good for the future instead of simultenously releasing it now, but I take the point that some would only want to buy that like with Jacko's single disc album doing the best. Presumably Revolver will be on the 2 CD version as an incentive to buy it.

:nocomment:

VILE. I don't want any Evita shyt on it and Miles Away is ridiculous

Btw, that drowned madonna tracklisting is fake. 21 tracks on the single CD? I don't think so!

Ehm

There HAS TO be something from EVITA... no matter what you think about it.. that was indeed a big thing in her career.. the one time that she was actually taken seriously as an actress (Golden Globe hello!?) and she always wanted that.. so yes it's important

as for Milews Away, I hope it's not.. it was a flop the day it was announced to even be released as a single!